Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would a league prohibit guest playing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would a league prohibit guest playing?

I completely understand rules such as no guest playing competitive players on rec teams, no guest playing a higher division player on a lower division team, etc. But no guest playing at all?

I've seen teams decimated by illness and everyone knows the problem teams with seniors on them have in the spring.

Can someone explain the thought process behind this prohibition?

Thanks!

Differences

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I completely understand rules such as no guest playing competitive players on rec teams, no guest playing a higher division player on a lower division team, etc. But no guest playing at all?

I've seen teams decimated by illness and everyone knows the problem teams with seniors on them have in the spring.

Thanks!
    Are you talking about having the ability to club pass players from the same club or guest playing from another club? I can see a league not wanting guest players because teams would try to do an all star group just to win. Getting players from within the club is more palatable.

Comment

Are you talking about having the ability to club pass players from the same club or guest playing from another club? I can see a league not wanting guest players because teams would try to do an all star group just to win. Getting players from within the club is more palatable.
      Guest players from within the club. I've asked for an explanation from the league and gotten no response whatsoever.

Comment

Guest players from within the club. I've asked for an explanation from the league and gotten no response whatsoever.
        Do they allow for secondary players from same club to play.

Comment

Any club denying guest playing should be ran far far away from.
          They only care about themselves

Comment

No guest playing is excellent!!!

Some daddy's of gifted soccer kids feel entitled to continue playing as starter on 'whatever team' once their kid's team is eliminated from competition.

Injuries? Well, how abour developing your benchers to take on the responsibilities of the starters. This is a team sport.

Seniors? Pick one activity, be serious about committments, put more people on the team to begin with. Don't join so many leagues.

FYSA no guest playing rule for end-of-year cups is excellent!

Comment

Thanks!
              To keep the Miami teams and Braden River from cheating...

Comment

ass...................hole

1) if you play for Boca would you guest play for River?
                2) if you have a team would you bring a guest player to substitute players that day after day come to your team practice?
                3) why do you have a bench if you bring guest players
                4) guest players within the club if you have some injuries is ok. bringing younger players to play up is one way to help developing

so put your comments right up your asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Comment

It isn't a club, it's a league.

Comment

Which league are you talking about?

Comment

Top leagues do not prohibit guest players

Comment

I think you may be asking the question wrong. as guest playing typically means not on the roster. For same club teams even if payer is no officially on a team they can be rostered as a secondary player.

Comment

crafty clubs have always been able to manipulate guest players. they enter teams in weaker leagues, like GCF, and then use top players from the age below to win the league championship.

the biggest clubs want to be able to say that they win at all levels, to justify their crazy dues. some lower level leagues, like GCF, got sick of these clubs manipulating things.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X