X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    she is still listed as an ECNL staff coach
    she was still listd on the NWSL Portland Thorns GDA coachng staff as well this am

https://portland-mp7static.mlsdigita...alDocument.pdf

Can't believe everything on the good ole internet.

Comment

Coaches are measured on what they do with their talent in a team environment based on this criteria CU & FC P must have some piss poor soccer coaches that can't get results from the 'talent' that is college bound. That's too bad.
      This is the current tragedy of ECNL. Parents are throwing development down the toilet with these mediocre coaches so their dds can play in a travel league starting in 7th & 8th grade. The 01s at CU and FCP are no further along than they were two years ago. Largest complaint by parents coming out of that age group right now.

Comment

This is the current tragedy of ECNL. Parents are throwing development down the toilet with these mediocre coaches so their dds can play in a travel league starting in 7th & 8th grade. The 01s at CU and FCP are no further along than they were two years ago. Largest complaint by parents coming out of that age group right now.
        Nope - Oregon ECNL has been playing in an extremely difficult league for 2 seasons. No hiding; it is hard even for good coaches.

Simply put ECNL pays it coaches better than the DA (girls or boys) - that is why the get better coaches.

Comment

Nope - Oregon ECNL has been playing in an extremely difficult league for 2 seasons. No hiding; it is hard even for good coaches.

Simply put ECNL pays it coaches better than the DA (girls or boys) - that is why the get better coaches.
          The USYS leagues championship series events these same coaches competed in were even more difficult, when the qualified which was rare, candidly the OYSA and OPL leagues were challenging for them as well. It's no different in this league. Their record of performance is the same no matter what platform.

Without oversight, accountability or consumer knowledge at our local clubs there is no correlation to how good a coach is and how much they are paid. In real estate it's called a bubble, a house that is actually worth 250K sells for 500K will cause the industry to crash.

In Oregon we are way past the crashing stage.

Comment

she was still listd on the NWSL Portland Thorns GDA coachng staff as well this am

https://portland-mp7static.mlsdigita...alDocument.pdf

Can't believe everything on the good ole internet.
            NWSL has nothing to do with youth. You sound desperate

Comment

Thorns are desperate. You've got a few people on here ruining the little reputation thorns have by spreading propaganda. Just look at how that worked out with Ecnl. No one trusts them anymore.

My kid plays for Bundasliga Bayern Munich Elite America satellite club.

It's like saying mls Portland Timbers oysa westside Timbers soccer club.

Leave it to the thorns to have drones to spread propaganda.

Comment

Okay; how much then, do each of those coaches earn in a year?

No hiding. Just fact and provide pay links or actual contracts. You seem to be the expert.

Comment

Okay; how much then, do each of those coaches earn in a year?

No hiding. Just fact and provide pay links or actual contracts. You seem to be the expert.
                  Thorns = stadium jacket
                  ECNL = a little more

Comment

Thorns are desperate. You've got a few people on here ruining the little reputation thorns have by spreading propaganda. Just look at how that worked out with Ecnl. No one trusts them anymore.

My kid plays for Bundasliga Bayern Munich Elite America satellite club.

It's like saying mls Portland Timbers oysa westside Timbers soccer club.

Leave it to the thorns to have drones to spread propaganda.
                    I've seen more of the opposite on this forum. Sure seems to be a focus on trashing a program meant for specific players.

GDA, ECNL, CLU-3 options as best-fit for players. Just let these poor kids find what works for them and then for their families.

Comment

NWSL has nothing to do with youth. You sound desperate
                      NWSL team Portland Thorns have a US Soccer Development Academy program (teams) for Girls with tryouts coming soon.

That sounds accurate based on facts. Not sure where you get desperate out that reality.

Comment

NWSL team Portland Thorns have a US Soccer Development Academy program (teams) for Girls with tryouts coming soon.

That sounds accurate based on facts. Not sure where you get desperate out that reality.
                        Agreed.

The MLS and NWSL professional clubs need youth players under them so they can claim rights for development and training should any of those players become professional members.

There is a secondary market of compensation involved in trades and loans of professional players. The clubs pay and receive money and it involves any entity involved in the training and development of players age 12 to age 23. The MLS and NWSL currently pay for college-developed players and players developed under age 12 - 23 international programs. They also receive money for those players when traded or loaned out.

The MLS is being challenged to pay youth clubs from the U.S. That's why the Timbers DA age group has gone to younger ages. The same will happen with the GDA. The professional clubs want to start at age 12 to protect themselves from paying out U.S. youth clubs, should the court rule in youth club's favor. The first attempt by youth clubs failed in March but is now going through the appeal process.

Comment

SHE did not do a 180, her board did. After they told her she could do it.
                          As a THUSC parent, we got a 1 page letter, from the Board, explaining the situation.

Evidently RH WAS going to do this....after some serious thinking (mostly likely PARENTAL pushback, the board reconvened and thought otherwise)....

RH cannot be in 17 places at once. That was the problem with Tommy boy----he WAY over promised in the past and WAY under delivered. I think in the past, he not only was the DOC, picked the ages he wanted to be head coach, he ran the board---he was a one man show. Parents (the folks that actually pay the bills and keep the lights on and pay their salaries) got a bit frustrated by NOT having Tom around or RH around, in the past. I think that the board finally woke up and realized that NOT everyone like or agreed with Tom or his philosophy and that some of the 'lemmings' were actually leaving and going to other clubs. Their goes their money grab....if your clients/customers are NOT happy, then you shrivel up and die.

I think the board has gotten a bit better and is now actually listening to it's constituency but still has a LONG way to go. Just by changing the color schemes, the club logo and ACTUALLY publishing the mission and vision of the club, it's a bit better but still a LONG, LONG ways to go. You can gussy up the warts with makeup but eventually the makeup wears off and you still see the warts.

End of the day, RH is a good coach. Is she a good leader? Remains to be seen. I have been around her enough in the past to know her organizational skills are severely lacking and she sort of 'flies by the seat of her pants' and has her game plan on the back of a napkin. That only works for so long. Someone at her level and with her expertise should be above 'flying by the seat of her pants' and 'back of a napkin' type of person. Good coach, yes. Good leader, excellent with the organization?? Hard to know. If I was a betting person, I would say she either burns herself out or has to bring on an assistant that is better with the organizational side of things.....

Comment

As a THUSC parent, we got a 1 page letter, from the Board, explaining the situation.

Evidently RH WAS going to do this....after some serious thinking (mostly likely PARENTAL pushback, the board reconvened and thought otherwise)....

RH cannot be in 17 places at once. That was the problem with Tommy boy----he WAY over promised in the past and WAY under delivered. I think in the past, he not only was the DOC, picked the ages he wanted to be head coach, he ran the board---he was a one man show. Parents (the folks that actually pay the bills and keep the lights on and pay their salaries) got a bit frustrated by NOT having Tom around or RH around, in the past. I think that the board finally woke up and realized that NOT everyone like or agreed with Tom or his philosophy and that some of the 'lemmings' were actually leaving and going to other clubs. Their goes their money grab....if your clients/customers are NOT happy, then you shrivel up and die.

I think the board has gotten a bit better and is now actually listening to it's constituency but still has a LONG way to go. Just by changing the color schemes, the club logo and ACTUALLY publishing the mission and vision of the club, it's a bit better but still a LONG, LONG ways to go. You can gussy up the warts with makeup but eventually the makeup wears off and you still see the warts.

End of the day, RH is a good coach. Is she a good leader? Remains to be seen. I have been around her enough in the past to know her organizational skills are severely lacking and she sort of 'flies by the seat of her pants' and has her game plan on the back of a napkin. That only works for so long. Someone at her level and with her expertise should be above 'flying by the seat of her pants' and 'back of a napkin' type of person. Good coach, yes. Good leader, excellent with the organization?? Hard to know. If I was a betting person, I would say she either burns herself out or has to bring on an assistant that is better with the organizational side of things.....
                            Being charged with hiring coaches for a small member classic in west Washington County club (of 800 to 900 players) hardly puts anyone at level where the would be required to have any expertise or a distinguished level in soccer or business. If a person had the traits of good leader, excellent with organization they would put those skills to use in the real world. She is a perfect fit for the THUSC model, no argument.

Comment

Very interesting perspective.

For every club, the development of our coaches, age-group coordinators, and DOCs is vitally important to the quality of our programs. Noone is born to be a DOC (well unless you played 7th flight in England, which apparently qualifies you as a DOC in America) - they need to be developed.

Thank you for sharing this!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X