Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If I had you at "sad" I would have written "you're sad", you stupid piece of shìt.

LOL
    Not the OP, but your comment piqued my interest.

Why did you call OP a POS? And why did you assume his/her DD is an unskilled player?

Why so angry?

Comment

National team members were interviewed and talked about how much they enjoyed winning state championships in high school and most ran track. Some big names played basketball.
      Time to grow up! High school is a waste of time and energy. We need to craft better soccer players and the only way that happens in to scrap high school.

Comment

Time to grow up! High school is a waste of time and energy. We need to craft better soccer players and the only way that happens in to scrap high school.
        Waste of time and energy for who? Lots of girls don't mind "wasting" time and energy for HS.

Comment

Here is why this is all happening, girls from the top clubs(not oregon of course) in the country have been playing in only the ECNL for the last few years and this platform has created a USWNT that can't think or compete anymore at the international level.

The bell tolled on this charade and US Soccer is blowing it up.

New beginnings.
          Problem is actually that the girls coming out of ECNL are very talented but are being held back by the archaic, neanderthal bootball style of play that US Soccer is asking them to play at the WNT level. Won't get any better with GDA.

Comment

Problem is actually that the girls coming out of ECNL are very talented but are being held back by the archaic, neanderthal bootball style of play that US Soccer is asking them to play at the WNT level. Won't get any better with GDA.
            Many college coaches prefer "bootball" also.

Highly successful men's college programs such as Creighton, Akron, sometimes Stanford, and others can play a possession game and win championships so why can't the women?

Comment

^^ Forgot to add that I much prefer to watch a game of possession soccer also. I would much rather watch a 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 result that was hard fought and played with possession as opposed to a lopsided game in which a lot of kickball was played. I realize that the end result is all that really matters but those sides that rely too much on kickball will generally lose when they match up against a talented side that can possess the ball. The women are not taught to possess the ball. Will the GDA change that? We can only hope.

Comment

^^ Forgot to add that I much prefer to watch a game of possession soccer also. I would much rather watch a 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 result that was hard fought and played with possession as opposed to a lopsided game in which a lot of kickball was played. I realize that the end result is all that really matters but those sides that rely too much on kickball will generally lose when they match up against a talented side that can possess the ball. The women are not taught to possess the ball. Will the GDA change that? We can only hope.
                Ellis, and Pia before her, have said that the skilled ball control type of player is the future of the USWNT. Of course they haven't walked the talk and actually selected skill over size and speed so far. What did they do in the past - kick the ball to Wambach to head it in. Now what do they do - kick the ball to Long to head it in. Haven't evolved one iota in 10 years and now the top technical teams like France, Germany and Japan have surpassed them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X