Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thorns are a pro track. The lack of college signings is not a failure. They weren't shooting for that.
    Last year Thorns were not GDA and did not play in a GDA league. This year they will and it's entirely different. Worry about college signings in four years when we see the first full batch gobthrough that were developed entirely in their ECNL or GDA clubs.

Comment

2017 college signings

ECNL 40
      Thornz 0

I'm sure families are lined up for the windowless van rides to NorCal with thornz.

Thornz are paying a discounted price so a windowless van is all they can afford.

Comment

Thorns are a pro track. The lack of college signings is not a failure. They weren't shooting for that.
        They did get a few over the years. I don't think there is a list published.

Comment

You are VERY wrong thank goodness! Thorns girls are now finally being afforded the same opportunities as we have been giving Timbers Youth Academy boys for years. Subsidized play for the best players! Oregonians should be celebrating this victory for our young female players rather than spew vitriol in the name of preserving the good 'ol boy ECNL network where only the white rich girls play.
          I agree with you. I think Oregon should be celebrating . The reason they aren't is that there are not enough players to go around. All it will take is 5 or 6 of the best players to go to the academy and the ECNL talent will quickly erode. On average, they only have 5 or 6 good players per team. Then they will go from mid to lower middle pack to dead last in their NW league. Good players desperately want to play with other good players. Consolidation is the answer and subsidizing is a HUGE incentive.

Comment

I agree with you. I think Oregon should be celebrating . The reason they aren't is that there are not enough players to go around. All it will take is 5 or 6 of the best players to go to the academy and the ECNL talent will quickly erode. On average, they only have 5 or 6 good players per team. Then they will go from mid to lower middle pack to dead last in their NW league. Good players desperately want to play with other good players. Consolidation is the answer and subsidizing is a HUGE incentive.
            Agreed. Add to this that Seattle Reign and Crossfire Premiere in WA are now going to GDA.. the talent in PAC NW is going to GDA. This may be a good thing for Oregon ECNL clubs though because they were never able to compete against either of those Washington clubs.

Comment

Agreed. Add to this that Seattle Reign and Crossfire Premiere in WA are now going to GDA.. the talent in PAC NW is going to GDA. This may be a good thing for Oregon ECNL clubs though because they were never able to compete against either of those Washington clubs.
              ECNL may have to create a new, lower division for FC and CU (and a handful of other lightweight teams across the country). I'm sure community college scouts will flock to those showcases.

Comment

They did get a few over the years. I don't think there is a list published.
                2017 College signings:

40 ECNL
                40 non ECNL club teams Timbers Aliance
                0 thorns

Thorns might have gotten a few community college offers.

Comment

2017 College signings:

40 ECNL
                  0 thorns

80 girls from Oregon signing with college. That sucks.

Hopefully things change with the subsidized NWSL Portland Thorns GDA now in the mix, that's an embarrassingly low number of girls from our state, what the hell league do the play in that produces that type of dismal outcomes for the girls. It must be just from HS evaluations. Makes me sick to think we that talent poor and our local clubs are so far behind the rest of the nation.

Comment

2017 College signings:

40 ECNL
                    0 thorns

to be fair I know there are a few more girls from thorns over the years that have gotten offers.

Comment

2017 College signings:

40 ECNL
                      0 thorns

That's pretty clear.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X