Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes! I am in complete agreement with this post. The ECNL tryout was much more dynamic with the coaches stopping to give feedback and instruct. The girls were evaluated on ball skills, 1x1 defensive and offensive drills, shooting, small sided games. They didn't scrimmage until the final hour of the final day of tryouts. I received feedback from the coach after the tryout and my daughter did during and after the tryout (she was offered a spot). We went to Thorns so she could make an informed decision. Paid $100 for 6 hours of scrimmaging. My daughter's choice was: ECNL followed closely by her club team. Thorns was an easy no.
    We arrived at the same decision. Btw, have you ever experienced a D1 college tryout? well, I have. Very organized. They test a variety of skills. They don't just run the tryout on scrimmages. In fact, all the top programs like PDP and ECNL in NorCal and SoCal do a variety of skills testing as well. I was very impressed with these tryouts in NorCal and SoCal. They truly look for technical players as well as vision, and technical is critical at the young ages. Thorns Academy may evolve into a better program in a few years, but for now, it is good they stick with OYSA. They would get clobbered by the more technical players /teams from other states. That is the major takeaway about the players from Texas and California - technical, technical, technical.

Comment

Crossfire parent-coaches!

Hilarity! Clueless!

Comment

Hilarity! Clueless!
        Good comeback, smarty pants!

Comment

Good comeback, smarty pants!
          It's the only comeback to a truthful and factual post.

Comment

Is Thorns Academy really still a "thing"? Who knew?

Comment

Yes! I am in complete agreement with this post. The ECNL tryout was much more dynamic with the coaches stopping to give feedback and instruct. The girls were evaluated on ball skills, 1x1 defensive and offensive drills, shooting, small sided games. They didn't scrimmage until the final hour of the final day of tryouts. I received feedback from the coach after the tryout and my daughter did during and after the tryout (she was offered a spot). We went to Thorns so she could make an informed decision. Paid $100 for 6 hours of scrimmaging. My daughter's choice was: ECNL followed closely by her club team. Thorns was an easy no.
              LMAO - and yet no one got cut

Comment

OMG the ECNL vs TA nonsense is old and tired. I wish people would just let it go. Who cares ? Enjoy whatever your player is participating and ignore the noise.

Comment

We arrived at the same decision. Btw, have you ever experienced a D1 college tryout? well, I have. Very organized. They test a variety of skills. They don't just run the tryout on scrimmages. In fact, all the top programs like PDP and ECNL in NorCal and SoCal do a variety of skills testing as well. I was very impressed with these tryouts in NorCal and SoCal. They truly look for technical players as well as vision, and technical is critical at the young ages. Thorns Academy may evolve into a better program in a few years, but for now, it is good they stick with OYSA. They would get clobbered by the more technical players /teams from other states. That is the major takeaway about the players from Texas and California - technical, technical, technical.
                  Same experience here. My DD was not offered a spot, however. She needs to work on some issues on her own / with her club. She will try again next year.

Comment

OMG the ECNL vs TA nonsense is old and tired. I wish people would just let it go. Who cares ? Enjoy whatever your player is participating and ignore the noise.
                    Thank you! I don't care for other people telling me how to raise my kid(s). Lots to balance and some people have different things they want to emphasize.

Comment

Back from the Dead!

Comment

Thank you! I don't care for other people telling me how to raise my kid(s). Lots to balance and some people have different things they want to emphasize.
                        I am hoping my kid goes pro and moves to europe to make good money and travel. The thorns will help go pro.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X