Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinecrest losing a lot of Players to FC Prime

What the hell is going on? We are part of a great 02 team and now some parents want to ruin everything and head to FC Prime. It just doesn't make any sense to drive 2 hours a day for the slim chance of getting a college scholarship. I really hope they reconsider their decision and we can keep our team together.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What the hell is going on? We are part of a great 02 team and now some parents want to ruin everything and head to FC Prime. It just doesn't make any sense to drive 2 hours a day for the slim chance of getting a college scholarship. I really hope they reconsider their decision and we can keep our team together.
    Its a poker move by Alan Hough to force Pinecrest into becoming FC Prime's Miami-Dade affiliate.

Comment

Maybe the other parents don't feel the same way. Maybe the kids have goals to play in college. Maybe those parents and kids are willing to make a little more sacrifice to achieve those goals. FC Prime will offer that opportunity with ECNL.

State Cup....yea, nobody is going to watch that.

Comment

Maybe the other parents don't feel the same way. Maybe the kids have goals to play in college. Maybe those parents and kids are willing to make a little more sacrifice to achieve those goals. FC Prime will offer that opportunity with ECNL.

Who says that can't happen at Pinecrest as well?

Comment

The drive is fine for a day or two but after a month of that drive 4-5 times a week (games included), it will get old real quick.

Comment

Exactly- last year I saw a lot of college coaches at state cup lower rounds. This year I’ve only seen 2- FAU and FIT. FAU was only there because his son was playing so he watched a girls game and left- it was Pinecrest though. Lots of college coaches going to Pensacola to watch the 01 girls but only because that club is non-stop on the phone getting colleges to come down. SC is becoming a joke.

Comment

Who says that can't happen at Pinecrest as well?
              Lack of college connections and no ECNL platform, or GDA for that matter, to showcase the players. Coaches...well, I should say coaches of higher level programs....want to see players compete against higher level talent and teams.

GDA or ECNL provide that.

Comment

04 team on the move as well

Comment

The drive is fine for a day or two but after a month of that drive 4-5 times a week (games included), it will get old real quick.
                  That’s why you carpool

Comment

You sound a little upset, almost seems like your daughter was not included in the group that is good enough to go to play at Prime.
                    You ever think maybe you are the reason they have to leave, so that they can play with higher caliber players.

Comment

At least you are only losing them it could be worse you could be loosing them

Comment

That’s why you carpool
                        Have fun with the drive. No way we are doing that.

Comment

Isn't your coach that Italian guy who just won the high school state championship?

Comment

Isn't your coach that Italian guy who just won the high school state championship?
                            Italian guy? What Italian guy?

Comment

So is Sunrise- we are moving over to Prime. Th No half my daughters team is making the switch. At least the good half.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X