Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not a single game in Round 1 or 2 was played in Pensacola. Now for the Round of 16, FYSA sends 5 age groups? More than any other location in Florida the entire tournament. Total BS. Somebody is making major bank behind the scenes.

5 age groups x 16 x 20 people (about) per age group = a minimum of 1600 people in town. All of them needing hotel rooms, food, transportation, etc.

And the required travel agent is some 1-person PO box outfit based in Oklahoma. Website is already crashed.

And FYSA wonders why clubs complain? Amateur hour. Ridiculous.
    This is the dumbest decision in the history of the world!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

not to mention there is a State scheduled SAT test date that Saturday. Many have already applied and paid for.

What a mess.

Comment

not to mention there is a State scheduled SAT test date that Saturday. Many have already applied and paid for.

What a mess.
        Well, the state cup dates have been available for months now so that one is on you...

Comment

Well, the state cup dates have been available for months now so that one is on you...
          Exactly...can't come on here complaining about dates. I believe that's why we have calendars

Comment

Exactly...can't come on here complaining about dates. I believe that's why we have calendars
            of course I can. the SAT dates predate the state cup dates, so why schedule on those dates. So what, I am supposed to hope that the team tanks so as not to have to play on the SAT scheduled dates? The issue is not the fact of playing on the dates, its the dates that were selected.

Comment

Call the office

Everyone and every club should contact the office. Let’s raise a storm on this situation. We rented a bus and it cost us 5k including the fact that two boys are unable to go. We also have a few who are on the bubble because they can not leave school early. **** FYSA

Comment

of course I can. the SAT dates predate the state cup dates, so why schedule on those dates. So what, I am supposed to hope that the team tanks so as not to have to play on the SAT scheduled dates? The issue is not the fact of playing on the dates, its the dates that were selected.
                State cup runs April - May...has every year. Take the SAT in March or early June.

Comment

Everyone and every club should contact the office. Let’s raise a storm on this situation. We rented a bus and it cost us 5k including the fact that two boys are unable to go. We also have a few who are on the bubble because they can not leave school early. **** FYSA
                  PArents drive the kid up after they get out of school...pretty simple solution.

Comment

You do know Alice Smith and Florida Elite run the state now.

Comment

State cup runs April - May...has every year. Take the SAT in March or early June.

Exactly...thank you!

Comment

you should take it as many times as you can before you need to start applying over the summer. Unless you happen to get a top score the first time. Why would you want to limit your chances?

Comment

you should take it as many times as you can before you need to start applying over the summer. Unless you happen to get a top score the first time. Why would you want to limit your chances?
                          Don't try to argue with soccer nuts. Academics are a distant priority. For them, it is much more important to chase after a $1000 partial scholarship at Bob's College of Knowledge of Central Missouri. Maybe their kid gets the rare chance to play pro in the NWSL at a starting salary of $7200. That, plus their bumfuk degree, will get them an assistant barista job at Starbucks.

I'm with you on the SAT. Potential rewards from that are far greater than anything a single soccer game in Pensacola would produce. Your head is in the right spot.

Comment

PArents drive the kid up after they get out of school...pretty simple solution.
                            Not if your coming from Miami you ****tard

Comment

Don't try to argue with soccer nuts. Academics are a distant priority. For them, it is much more important to chase after a $1000 partial scholarship at Bob's College of Knowledge of Central Missouri. Maybe their kid gets the rare chance to play pro in the NWSL at a starting salary of $7200. That, plus their bumfuk degree, will get them an assistant barista job at Starbucks.

I'm with you on the SAT. Potential rewards from that are far greater than anything a single soccer game in Pensacola would produce. Your head is in the right spot.
                              I love your response. The reason it is humorous is because it is so true. It amazes me how much so many people talk about getting recruited and scholarships despite it being almost completely unattainable for boys. Not sure why people find it so hard to admit youth soccer is for fun. DA parents are even worse in having an unrealistic view.

Comment

Not if your coming from Miami you ****tard
                                Direct flight from MIA to PNS then.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X