Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The rest of the world uses birth-year. You may be too young to remember but travel soccer back in the 80’s was birth- year.. I was always the youngest on the squad. We can’t dictate to the world.
    The rest of the world doesn't have the system we have here in US. The problem is not in birth year or calendar year. The problem is that soccer for these guys is not a sport, it's a business. No development at all at any level and any age. You need to be already a start at 8 year old to have the coaches attention, otherwise they don't take care of you.

Comment

You don’t seem to get it. You keep drinking the Koolaid. The US Soccer organization has failed miserably throughout the years in men’s soccer, never once winning the World Cup. They have promised so many magic fixes through the years, including the present birth year magic fix, and NONE of them have worked. You have a choice. Be intelligent and STOP listening to the idiots who promise that they have the answer only to fail time and again. Or continue to listen and believe in proven failures. Here’s an idea. I agree, birth year is stupid. Make soccer cheap. Until then, rich male kids will continue to lose and not qualify for the World Cup. Go into any of the hotbeds and training grounds for Basketball. Show up, call next, play. Don’t have to play club dues or anything to get trained against some truly talented players. Young bucks show up and get tutored by the older bucks on the other non main courts and have games run for them. Just need sneakers. That formula has the US dominating the world in both men’s and women’s basketball.
      You don't seem to get it . . . blah, blah, blah, (insert retarded narrative here).

Seriously bruh, STFU. You have no plan. You have no concept of what works or doesn't. You just play the result and cry and b*tch like a whiny little girl.

You:
      "Birth year is stupid" - it works for the rest of the world. The same people that you like to point out do better soccer cultures. So even though you claim our system sucks you want to keep some ridiculous rule that only we use. Hmmmm . . . . way to walk both sides of the fence.
      "Make soccer cheap" - Good idea. Are you going to send your blank check to a national organization or are you going to just have each player/club contact you directly? What's your big plan to make soccer cheap moron? Have nothing but volunteer coaches and play on parking lots and cul de sacs around the country? What's your grand idea to accomplish this goal? They world has been waiting for your brilliant insight for a long time. Thank God you finally arrived. We are listening.
      "Basketball is free and cheap!" - where do you get your basketball knowledge from? XBox? Most travel basketball parents spend thousands of dollars. The truly elite players with hangers on who hope to get rich is pretty similar to other sports. Basketball is just more corrupt because of the shoe industry affect. I know kids on an elite travel basketball team from Florida who used to travel to the AAU championships on a pretty regular basis. By the time you included travel and tournament fees those players paid about $6-8K a season. As you can imagine, there weren't many "poor black kids" on that team. Mostly rich black, hispanic and white males. But go on believing your Bullchit, I'm sure it makes you feel smart and thus at least one person in the world can think that.

We dominate in basketball so that's the model. Hmmm . . . so we dominate in a sport that originated here huh? Is that why we dominate the world in baseball and football? You never saw that connection huh? You know the decades of infrastructure and head start in sports that we created? We also dominate in Women's soccer though . . . I guess the key to your argument is that we can dominate in ANY sport that we can get the rest of the world not to care about or that we have a huge head start in building a culture for it.

Excellent arguments. Now do us all a favor and go play in traffic.

Comment

You don’t seem to get it. You keep drinking the Koolaid. The US Soccer organization has failed miserably throughout the years in men’s soccer, never once winning the World Cup. They have promised so many magic fixes through the years, including the present birth year magic fix, and NONE of them have worked. You have a choice. Be intelligent and STOP listening to the idiots who promise that they have the answer only to fail time and again. Or continue to listen and believe in proven failures. Here’s an idea. I agree, birth year is stupid. Make soccer cheap. Until then, rich male kids will continue to lose and not qualify for the World Cup. Go into any of the hotbeds and training grounds for Basketball. Show up, call next, play. Don’t have to play club dues or anything to get trained against some truly talented players. Young bucks show up and get tutored by the older bucks on the other non main courts and have games run for them. Just need sneakers. That formula has the US dominating the world in both men’s and women’s basketball.
        Totally agree. US soccer has screwed up the game beyond all recognition. IF US soccer cared about the sport (and they don't - they would become the US chess association if they thought it would bring in more money) they would push state county and municipal government to build soccer fields, they would run local recreational leagues where kids play for a few bucks, and they would organize a bottom up relegation type league for serious competitive players. This would make the game accessible. Instead, where I live, we have a city that takes a huge tract of land, donates it to a religious college. The college then builds six soccer fields for its team and keeps the fields closed to the public. On the remaining land the city builds a bunch of baseball fields that are use half the year. Soccer fields at other parks are closed to groups of more than six players. The support for the sport just isn't there and that failure is solely U.S. soccer's.

Comment

what if KID$nap in smoking old MONTE CARLO$ WHIP LASH ride OLD SMOKEY BEAR CUBS?!

what if children go on LONG ROAD HOME WARRIORSpun smoke TIRE$hip BUSTrap?!

what if the WILDER BEASTrip BUStrain$HOP in smoking $HIPlayers chase FUNERAL PROse?!

what if KIDS climb smokey TRAIN$hop ENVIRONMENTAL FLOWER BEDrains SWAMP?!

what if BIG GREEN MONSTER watched OLD RED SOX smoke YORKIE$tump old CARDINALS?!

what if STADIUM IVORY TOWERS implode with OLD BODY FARM$witch smoke HAY STACK?!

think HAY FIELDS smoke HAYEStrip JOCK$trap JOCKEY$trip CLUB brownies COOKIES sparky.

Haynes LEGO$trip smoke PLASTICO BAD COMPANY mixed UPSTAIR CASE VASE FLOWERS.

think mates. FIRE & SMOKE. name smoking FIRE~BYRD$hop near old TRANS~AM$trip.

PONTIAC or BUICK CHARTS smoking OLD CARSwing DOORS & TRUNK$hip TRADE$hop.

cough mates.

Comment

You don't seem to get it . . . blah, blah, blah, (insert retarded narrative here).

Seriously bruh, STFU. You have no plan. You have no concept of what works or doesn't. You just play the result and cry and b*tch like a whiny little girl.

You:
            "Birth year is stupid" - it works for the rest of the world. The same people that you like to point out do better soccer cultures. So even though you claim our system sucks you want to keep some ridiculous rule that only we use. Hmmmm . . . . way to walk both sides of the fence.
            "Make soccer cheap" - Good idea. Are you going to send your blank check to a national organization or are you going to just have each player/club contact you directly? What's your big plan to make soccer cheap moron? Have nothing but volunteer coaches and play on parking lots and cul de sacs around the country? What's your grand idea to accomplish this goal? They world has been waiting for your brilliant insight for a long time. Thank God you finally arrived. We are listening.
            "Basketball is free and cheap!" - where do you get your basketball knowledge from? XBox? Most travel basketball parents spend thousands of dollars. The truly elite players with hangers on who hope to get rich is pretty similar to other sports. Basketball is just more corrupt because of the shoe industry affect. I know kids on an elite travel basketball team from Florida who used to travel to the AAU championships on a pretty regular basis. By the time you included travel and tournament fees those players paid about $6-8K a season. As you can imagine, there weren't many "poor black kids" on that team. Mostly rich black, hispanic and white males. But go on believing your Bullchit, I'm sure it makes you feel smart and thus at least one person in the world can think that.

We dominate in basketball so that's the model. Hmmm . . . so we dominate in a sport that originated here huh? Is that why we dominate the world in baseball and football? You never saw that connection huh? You know the decades of infrastructure and head start in sports that we created? We also dominate in Women's soccer though . . . I guess the key to your argument is that we can dominate in ANY sport that we can get the rest of the world not to care about or that we have a huge head start in building a culture for it.

Excellent arguments. Now do us all a favor and go play in traffic.
            Hey dumb, dumb, get me some gum gum.

Rich parents like the ones you know pay thousands of dollars. Those kids that you know are what would be refered to on this site as rec level in their skill level where I’m from. They would get run off the courts in Rucker, The Dome, etc.

Boys from the hood AAU travel teams are sponsored by many people who sport monochromatic colors and use there neighborhood raised funds from the block or stool step to help philanthropically reach out to the community.

Rucker Park or Dyckman in NY or King-Drew in Compton or Goodman or DeMatha in DC or Mosswood in Oakland are prime examples of this.

Please tell me that you don’t believe that NBA Legends who a majority of them come from lower socioeconomic families/sometimes single mother families living in government housing like the Polo Ground Towers paid for their AAU teams? You can’t be that stupid.

Tell me when Cocoa Cola Company, Pepsi Company, Nike or Adidas help fully fund a league like they do at Rucker, Dyckman, Mosswood, The Dome, Barry Farms, etc. Tell me when Jay Z, The Game, Puffy, Kidd, Durant, Melo, Jordan, Harden, etc...drop tens of thousands to millions to fund those leagues.

Tell me when Legends in soccer show up to these parks and play and help mentor young players for free at TBU, WFF, OC, etc.

NBA Legends Past and Present are a common occurrence on Street Ball Courts such as Rucker Park.

I have seen this with my very eyes at Dyckman. Durant was there during that offseason.

The NBA is made up of predominantly inner city kids living in the projects/government housing from Compton to Chicago to NY to DC.

I’ll go into the streets where I come from. Not much traffic there and lots of kids play in them. I bet you wouldn’t.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X