Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did any club ever win a FYSA state title in Southwest Florida?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Accurate

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That’s too funny. GPS is the only for-profit out of the bunch. Even though they say they are NFM, it’s RP reporting to no board and only GPS big-wigs.

GPS won states and is the only team to do so in SWFL. Look at their current program and how they develop players though. Not very impressive. Cape used to be best in girls by far, but they’ve gone more of a rec direction with older ages. LCS is sparatic with teams, Fire has a lot of State Cup teams it seems but not sure how well they’re doing. Bonita Optimist Azzuri City Orlando Storm is laughable to say they are a competitive club, but they do have a huge rec system like Cape.

Conclusion - no one club will ever be good all around unless they work together or merge. SWFL is good enough to have a great team here and there, but not consistent enough to have these clubs pulling players left and right.
    Current Rankings
    GPS Fire
    U13 Top5 N/A
    U14 Top5 (State Champs) Top 10
    U15 Top 10 N/A
    U16 Top 20 N/A
    U17 Top 15 N/A
    U18 Top 10 60
    U19 57 117

I'd say that shows development. At least "5 Teams" moving on to round 2 for GPS. No other club in the area comes even close to these rankings. GPS had 4 team in the round of 8 last year and a state cup champion. NPL, now DA and most likely will get ECNL.

What the area needs to do is learn how to work together to promote top players and build better teams. Instead, the ego's will continue to lead and the player pool will continue to be diluted...

Say what you will about RP and believe what you want, but he's pushing GPS ahead of ALL other clubs. Show me any statistic that says otherwise. Fire, Bonita, Strikers, Elite, Cape???
    A lot of focus and attention is also being directed to the girls side. It's just a matter of time.

Comment

Current Rankings
      GPS Fire
      U13 Top5 N/A
      U14 Top5 (State Champs) Top 10
      U15 Top 10 N/A
      U16 Top 20 N/A
      U17 Top 15 N/A
      U18 Top 10 60
      U19 57 117

I'd say that shows development. At least "5 Teams" moving on to round 2 for GPS. No other club in the area comes even close to these rankings. GPS had 4 team in the round of 8 last year and a state cup champion. NPL, now DA and most likely will get ECNL.

What the area needs to do is learn how to work together to promote top players and build better teams. Instead, the ego's will continue to lead and the player pool will continue to be diluted...

Say what you will about RP and believe what you want, but he's pushing GPS ahead of ALL other clubs. Show me any statistic that says otherwise. Fire, Bonita, Strikers, Elite, Cape???
      A lot of focus and attention is also being directed to the girls side. It's just a matter of time.
      I’m not sure what you’re looking at as far as rankings? Are you looking at just boys? Go look at girls, but I’ll discuss both in another “statistical category, but before I do, you have U12 DA. That’s not anything? You do realize your boys, because it’s only boys, will be playing in no tournaments, only DA events, have to play 9v9, no 11v11, and they are NOT allowed to play anything else for any other team: no middle school, no 3v3, no mexi league, etc. Way to take the fun and creativity out of youth sports. What happens when they are 13? Oh, they go back to normal club soccer because you guys don’t even have phase 2 of DA which is 13/14!

State Cup - Boys
      GPS Fire
      U13 N/A Round 2
      U14 Round 2 Round 2
      U15 Round 2 Round 2
      U16 Round 2 Round 2
      U17 Round 2 Out Round 1
      U18 Round 2 Elite 8 - Presidents’ Cup
      U19 N/A N/A

State Cup - Girls
      GPS Fire
      U13 N/A Round 2
      U14 N/A Round 2
      U15 N/A Round 2
      U16 Round 2 Round 2
      U17 Round 2 Round 2
      U18 Round 2 N/A
      U19 Round 1 N/A

Looks pretty even to me? I will say that yes, GPS boys are ranked higher on GotSoccer than Fire. Girls Fire are ranked higher though? GPS has total of 9 State Cup teams and Fire has 10?

Good luck in your argument now... The OP said development as well. Proving you have good older teams doesn’t mean you developed those players? It means that you’ve attained good players.

Comment

It appears that GPS is the only club in Southwest Florida that is not a recreational camp posing as a competitive soccer club. Numbers don't lie. Look them up yourself.

Comment

What the hell is GPS? Is this actually a club?

Comment

I would stay well clear of RP and DF at GPS.

Comment

Best team ever from SWFL

I would stay well clear of RP and DF at GPS.
              Bonita Storm had a team that won a National Championship. That is after they won State Championship, and Region Championship. Need I continue.

https://www.news-press.com/story/spo...itle/30255435/

Comment

GPS west is great but only if you can get Danny as a coach. RP only wants all the credit and all your $$.

Comment

Bonita Storm had a team that won a National Championship. That is after they won State Championship, and Region Championship. Need I continue.

That wasn’t state cup level. That was division 2.

Comment

Haha that’s very telling that you would brag about Region Cup championships.

Comment

Please tell me you are not saying "Presidents Cup" is a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Hold on...I have to stop laughing long enough to type this out. Please tell me you are not saying "Presidents Cup" is a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. At beast, this is a second/third division. It's great for 2nd division teams or smaller clubs, and for Bonita, that would be true.

Comment

There are plenty of good coaches at GPS

GPS west is great but only if you can get Danny as a coach. RP only wants all the credit and all your $$.
                        There are plenty of good coaches at GPS. Top coaches are hard to come by in our area period.

Comment

There are plenty of good coaches at GPS. Top coaches are hard to come by in our area period.
                          I agree generally with you. Will GPS provide their coach list with the tryout announcement? That would certainly be a wonderful in helping decisions.

Comment

I agree generally with you. Will GPS provide their coach list with the tryout announcement? That would certainly be a wonderful in helping decisions.
                            If you know RP is there, that should be enough for you to make a smart decision. The coaches don't last long there, only DF has stayed put. Good luck next season but remember RP is a person you don't want to associate with. History does not lie!

Comment

If you know RP is there, that should be enough for you to make a smart decision. The coaches don't last long there, only DF has stayed put. Good luck next season but remember RP is a person you don't want to associate with. History does not lie!
                              Why is RP so bad? What is the history.

Comment

Just search his name and Lee county strikers.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X