Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OYSA State Cup Knock-out Rounds

The quarterfinals and semifinals have the group stage first place teams playing each other. I think this is a change from prior years as I don't remember this method from last year. It seems to me that this type of system sets up the two best teams to play each other in quarters or semis. The actual final could be a lop-sided game as it pits the best of the group winners against the best of second place teams from the group.

I don't understand how this type of pairing could be a good idea as it guarantees a team that got second place in group a place in the final.

Anybody have any ideas on why this was done?

It's OYSA - nobody cares. It's just a money grab for Peregrine LLC.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The quarterfinals and semifinals have the group stage first place teams playing each other. I think this is a change from prior years as I don't remember this method from last year. It seems to me that this type of system sets up the two best teams to play each other in quarters or semis. The actual final could be a lop-sided game as it pits the best of the group winners against the best of second place teams from the group.

I don't understand how this type of pairing could be a good idea as it guarantees a team that got second place in group a place in the final.

That has to be an error. Not even the Timbers are that stupid - oops...

Comment

What the...?

That makes no sense.

Has to be an error.

Comment

It's OYSA - nobody cares. It's just a money grab for Peregrine LLC.
          I sympathize with your angst but please make refrain from posting unless you can include a comment that is on topic. For example ; money grab, peregrine, state cup knock out round conspiracy, discuss?

Comment

What the...?

That makes no sense.

Has to be an error.
            Agree, it means 1st place plays 5th place in the final. I hope this is an error. Maybe on the affinity side of things? I looked at my child's league and groups and this setup guarantees the 5th place team a spot in the final as their are only 5 teams that are competitive with each other. The one interesting issue to watch is will 4/5 place teams compete for 5th rather than 4th.

Comment

Is this posted somewhere?

Comment

This has to be an error

Comment

The seeding was wrong too. Based on the date rankings were frozen, the #1 team plays higher teams than the #2 team. On the other hand, OYSA set up so many brackets that basically every team makes the qtrs or semis. They seriously must be messing it up on purpose because none of it makes any sense.

Comment

The seeding was wrong too. Based on the date rankings were frozen, the #1 team plays higher teams than the #2 team. On the other hand, OYSA set up so many brackets that basically every team makes the qtrs or semis. They seriously must be messing it up on purpose because none of it makes any sense.
                    Where are you guys finding this info? My guess is the brackets are under construction so to speak and none of it is finalized.

Comment

Where are you guys finding this info? My guess is the brackets are under construction so to speak and none of it is finalized.
                      On the OYSA website for all to see

Comment

Everyone gets a trophy, hang out longer and spend more cash. Isn't that the way?

Comment

Our coach says it might be mor beneficial to finish second in our group. He might throw the final game to get the second seed out of our group.

Comment

It is a simple mistake. The scheduler put Group A vs Group B in the qtrs by mistake. It is always Group A vs Group D, as in A1 vs D2, and A2 vs D1. They must be working on fixing it or it will be a sad joke.

Comment

It is a simple mistake. The scheduler put Group A vs Group B in the qtrs by mistake. It is always Group A vs Group D, as in A1 vs D2, and A2 vs D1. They must be working on fixing it or it will be a sad joke.
                              It’s already fixed in my DD’s age group.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X