Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Go to a different forum with such a useless post. Ts wastes enough time without that juvenile stupidity.
    I can’t, your wife is hogging the laptop, again....

Comment

I can’t, your wife is hogging the laptop, again....
      You mean my husband? You two having fun?

Comment

I don’t think LISC will loose DA. I feel Us soccer will do everything they can to keep them no matter how abysmal a team they are.
        I disagree. If US Soccer keeps LISC, it just shows how little regard they have for the quality of their league. LISC and Empire are frequently mentioned as reasons why some folks in other areas are returning to ECNL -- read some of the MA board. They consider the GDA division weak this year and if LISC remains without Stars and PDA, it almost becomes a joke (and certainly when you directly compare what is offered in ECNL vs. GDA for our region). LI does not need 2 GDAs when many high level players have chosen to stay in ECNL. USSF is much better off combining Atlantic and NE and scrapping the teams that don't meet the quality standard.

Nothing against the kids, but LISC is a complete embarrassment to the league. As a club, they will not improve in year 2...they will not attract any new talent as they are tainted. Besides that:

1) They have blatantly broken rules allowing kids to play HS and GDA simultaneously, as well as play NPL and GDA simultaneously. The required commitment of players to not participate in outside training/competition is not there.

2) Virtually none of their kids played on ECNL last year, thus they pulled from lower level NPL teams.

3) They are disorganized. There are management, coaching communication, and financial issues.

No one wants to travel hundreds of miles to have a blowout. It is a disservice to both teams. LISC parents need to realize they are harming their players. If they believe in the players, then re-organize them into another league where they can actually put together some plays and develop.

Comment

You mean my husband? You two having fun?
          Not to difficult to dispense with tough guy homophobes.

Comment

I disagree. If US Soccer keeps LISC, it just shows how little regard they have for the quality of their league. LISC and Empire are frequently mentioned as reasons why some folks in other areas are returning to ECNL -- read some of the MA board. They consider the GDA division weak this year and if LISC remains without Stars and PDA, it almost becomes a joke (and certainly when you directly compare what is offered in ECNL vs. GDA for our region). LI does not need 2 GDAs when many high level players have chosen to stay in ECNL. USSF is much better off combining Atlantic and NE and scrapping the teams that don't meet the quality standard.

Nothing against the kids, but LISC is a complete embarrassment to the league. As a club, they will not improve in year 2...they will not attract any new talent as they are tainted. Besides that:

1) They have blatantly broken rules allowing kids to play HS and GDA simultaneously, as well as play NPL and GDA simultaneously. The required commitment of players to not participate in outside training/competition is not there.

2) Virtually none of their kids played on ECNL last year, thus they pulled from lower level NPL teams.

3) They are disorganized. There are management, coaching communication, and financial issues.

No one wants to travel hundreds of miles to have a blowout. It is a disservice to both teams. LISC parents need to realize they are harming their players. If they believe in the players, then re-organize them into another league where they can actually put together some plays and develop.
            You make very good points. But, I believe the only way they boot them is if they have a replacement. Could that be SUSA? I do not believe SUSA would be a good fit personally. They would really struggle and I think that would lead to many of their girls potentially leaving for ECNL. Possible Manhattan SC? That would make more sense.

Comment

Maybe the lux leagues have reached the upper limit and the pool of players with the money, time, interest, and talent to fill them up has already been tapped.

Comment

Just heard a huge local rumor that allegedly will be announced very soon. Cannot confirm so I don’t want to post gossip, but has anyone heard anything that they can confirm? It’s about GDA/ECNL.
                Very soon...

Comment

You make very good points. But, I believe the only way they boot them is if they have a replacement. Could that be SUSA? I do not believe SUSA would be a good fit personally. They would really struggle and I think that would lead to many of their girls potentially leaving for ECNL. Possible Manhattan SC? That would make more sense.
                  USDA doesn't want to boot anybody right now, not even LISC, when they have so many leaving. That doesn't mean LISC can't leave on its own accord. With a league that's teetering and a club that's terrible, who wants to stay and who new would want to join? Having MSC doesn't help geography much with NYCFC and NYSC very close.

Comment

Maybe the lux leagues have reached the upper limit and the pool of players with the money, time, interest, and talent to fill them up has already been tapped.
                    I don't totally agree; it's just that GDA has failed to deliver on its promises for some families + GDA isn't appropriate for some + USS took in too many poor quality clubs. If it gets smaller, which will help improve the quality, the league has a place in the soccer pyramid. I only hope ECNL took it as a wake up call to get their act together. It still has vulnerable flaws. IF GDA turns it around they could reverse and start adding more clubs back in a few years. Being truly exclusive makes you desired. Being available to everyone, not so much

Comment

I don't totally agree; it's just that GDA has failed to deliver on its promises for some families + GDA isn't appropriate for some + USS took in too many poor quality clubs. If it gets smaller, which will help improve the quality, the league has a place in the soccer pyramid. I only hope ECNL took it as a wake up call to get their act together. It still has vulnerable flaws. IF GDA turns it around they could reverse and start adding more clubs back in a few years. Being truly exclusive makes you desired. Being available to everyone, not so much
                      Desired to a point. The travel burden is already at the breaking point. Less clubs means more travel and that will guarantee more players will say no thanks.

Comment

Very soon...
                        Does this pertain to LI or somewhere else in NY? I heard something too, but not sure it's the same thing.

Comment

Does this pertain to LI or somewhere else in NY? I heard something too, but not sure it's the same thing.
                          What was the not on LI thing that you heard?

Comment

What was the not on LI thing that you heard?
                            Westchester

Comment

Westchester
                              Please tell me that was a joke? If it isn't it's proff USS really doesn't know what it's doing

Comment

Eclipse is officially OUT of GDA and All-In with ECNL. When there's smoke, there's fire folks!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X