Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Seems incredibly smart . . . If only it were true.
    Have you looked at the region IV ODP list? https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/assets...or_website.pdf

An unusual number of players from Oregon, and guess what many of them have in common?

(In comparison, the 05 list only has two Oregon kids; one who seems to be a recent Hawaii import, unless google is leading me astray). https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/assets...or_website.pdf

Comment

Have you looked at the region IV ODP list? https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/assets...or_website.pdf

An unusual number of players from Oregon, and guess what many of them have in common?

(In comparison, the 05 list only has two Oregon kids; one who seems to be a recent Hawaii import, unless google is leading me astray). https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/assets...or_website.pdf
      There seem to be a lot of Utah boys?

Comment

What’s really funny is that three of those Oregon boys were looking at other clubs and wanting to move. I guarantee they were given spots and told to stay with UPDX. BM is as dirty as they get

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2547672]Have you looked at the region IV ODP list? https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/assets...or_website.pdf

(In comparison, the 05 list only has two Oregon kids; one who seems to be a recent Hawaii import, unless google is leading me astray). [url]https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/assets/1/6/west_bodp_2005_final_pool_for_website.pdf[/url

So these lists are from last years odp pool- one that did not include any TA or DA PLAYERS? So of course very few Oregon players made it..

Comment

Highschool

With this group entering into Highschool, how are tryouts coming? What schools are looking to be contenders? It will be fun for some of these kids to play together, or face one another on different teams. Are the ex TA players doing highschool? I hope they do.

Comment

With this group entering into Highschool, how are tryouts coming? What schools are looking to be contenders? It will be fun for some of these kids to play together, or face one another on different teams. Are the ex TA players doing highschool? I hope they do.
              I suspect few if any 05s will be on varsity teams, and those that do make it will either a) be big, or b) be at a school with a weak soccer program, where ANY club player is at the top of the heap. Many coaches won't put freshmen on varsity teams, or will only do so if the kid is physically mature. You don't want 100-lb boys (or smaller!) going up against 180-lb seniors, especially if the latter isn't very good at soccer and tries to use his body to compensate for lack of skill.

Comment

I suspect few if any 05s will be on varsity teams, and those that do make it will either a) be big, or b) be at a school with a weak soccer program, where ANY club player is at the top of the heap. Many coaches won't put freshmen on varsity teams, or will only do so if the kid is physically mature. You don't want 100-lb boys (or smaller!) going up against 180-lb seniors, especially if the latter isn't very good at soccer and tries to use his body to compensate for lack of skill.
                I could not agree more. Highschool is a very different game, with a different agenda. Undoubtedly though, there will be some boys who will make Varsity. I hope all the boys can find some value and reward in playing, and of course stay healthy and avoid injury.

Comment

Prelim fall schedule: https://oysa.affinitysoccer.com/tour...D-E4211C49A1BA

Like others have said, fall u15 soccer in Oregon is meaningless. Many of the top teams are not here: no ADF, no 4h, no OPFC, no UPDX, no capital, no ETFC black.

WT, FC, and Cuervos, possibly Bend, are the only top clubs sending what looks close to an A team. And even there I expect these to be heavy on the 8th graders.

Comment

Opfc

What is going on with opfc? This age group was arguably the most consistent team and the da era over the past 3 years to their current state of affairs. He went from being associated and branded with Crossfire to wearing mustard colored uniforms. You're apparently either let go of your former coach or he left for whatever reason, and brought in a former Willamette coach to take over this age group. Then after 3 months on the job the new couch leaves for temperate Academy. Some might argue that that is a promotion While others would would say that it is a demotion. He flamed out in the semifinals of the crossfire challenge in Seattle against an okay team. You failed to be Eugene and tied Salmon Creek. Now what is the plan? Very auspicious start to the new and improved Club.

Comment

What is going on with opfc? This age group was arguably the most consistent team and the da era over the past 3 years to their current state of affairs. He went from being associated and branded with Crossfire to wearing mustard colored uniforms. You're apparently either let go of your former coach or he left for whatever reason, and brought in a former Willamette coach to take over this age group. Then after 3 months on the job the new couch leaves for temperate Academy. Some might argue that that is a promotion While others would would say that it is a demotion. He flamed out in the semifinals of the crossfire challenge in Seattle against an okay team. You failed to be Eugene and tied Salmon Creek. Now what is the plan? Very auspicious start to the new and improved Club.
                      Puberty is catching up with them, I guess. Tick. Tock.

Comment

Yep, been a little turbulent.

SB moved to California for personal reasons.

CRP left because he "always harbored the dream of working for a professional clubs youth development academy". Time will tell how that decision works out.

CRP was working on a new system and supporting kids learning new positions (which they were really excited about). It was going to take some time for this to take hold. Amazing how we can talk about development being what's important but so quicly revert back to focusing only on results.

Going forward team will be coached by an existing OPFC coach. I think 16 of the 17 players are on high school teams, so really won't take affect until November anyways.

Comment

Even taking into consideration the fact that the Timbers run a p1ss-poor academy, only the most deranged fanboy would consider a move from OPFC to TA to be a demotion. No offense to OPFC, but MLS team academy > suburban pay-to-play youth club.

(And the real Crossfire DA is far better than an "ok team"; no shame to OPFC for that loss).

Comment

Relax, this group will be just fine. It’s funny that everyone is circling like sharks trying to talk chit but there is no blood in the water. Mike will do a fine job with this group and west side will still be the 5th best team at this age group

Comment

Relax, this group will be just fine. It’s funny that everyone is circling like sharks trying to talk chit but there is no blood in the water. Mike will do a fine job with this group and west side will still be the 5th best team at this age group
                              I don't see any sharks, but I see a lot of here fishy fishy....

Comment

Haha so true, go west side...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X