Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Copa Dad here; yes, that sounds correct. Last two weekends were brutal, and OPFC has clinched first place, Westside second. (WashT might be able to tie, but WT took the series 3-1).
    How do the ADF 05 State Cup champs compare to OPFC and WT 05 teams? Will the DA teams returning to OYSA dominate?

Comment

How do the ADF 05 State Cup champs compare to OPFC and WT 05 teams? Will the DA teams returning to OYSA dominate?
      Eugene was your '05 State Cup champion beating ADF 1-0

Comment

Eugene was your '05 State Cup champion beating ADF 1-0
        How will eugene & adf do against all the little DA teams that are returning to oysa?

Comment

How will eugene & adf do against all the little DA teams that are returning to oysa?
          Personally, I don't think well. However, that is why they play the game...we shall see.

Comment

Personally, I don't think well. However, that is why they play the game...we shall see.
            It is why they should play the game. DA is a closed league. Dumb that top teams from OYSA and DA don’t already play regularly. If it’s a blowout, then they don’t need to play again until the next year but it’s dumb to not have local top teams playing each other often, regardless of league. Steel sharpens steel. Oregon needs to do whatever possible to keep up with WA and other states that have higher numbers of top players.

Comment

It is why they should play the game. DA is a closed league. Dumb that top teams from OYSA and DA don’t already play regularly. If it’s a blowout, then they don’t need to play again until the next year but it’s dumb to not have local top teams playing each other often, regardless of league. Steel sharpens steel. Oregon needs to do whatever possible to keep up with WA and other states that have higher numbers of top players.
              You do remember what happened before DA came along right? The top teams for the most part were the ones that went to DA. FC was the state cup champs and opfc, westside and ADF were the other 3 that made the semi’s. Some movement of rosters is occurring after tryouts but I don’t see Eugene repeating.

Also, if RH (TA exile) scored against anyone (Washington rush) it tells me the competition is sub par. Like I have always said, just because you play in Seattle area DA it does not mean your team is good. TA “training” has done very little to develop his skills or the others that are getting kicked to the curb this year. Not sure any of them would be significant contributors on many quality teams at this point and definitely not even be a starter on the top teams

Comment

You do remember what happened before DA came along right? The top teams for the most part were the ones that went to DA. FC was the state cup champs and opfc, westside and ADF were the other 3 that made the semi’s. Some movement of rosters is occurring after tryouts but I don’t see Eugene repeating.

Also, if RH (TA exile) scored against anyone (Washington rush) it tells me the competition is sub par. Like I have always said, just because you play in Seattle area DA it does not mean your team is good. TA “training” has done very little to develop his skills or the others that are getting kicked to the curb this year. Not sure any of them would be significant contributors on many quality teams at this point and definitely not even be a starter on the top teams
                The main interesting impact is that several players in OYSA/Oregon DA are moving to TA next season... and the players being sent back seem to all be headed to UPDX. Why they are doing that instead of returning to their original clubs is disappointing, but I guess that it's true you can't go home again. I don't know how many players we are talking about in each direction total, but WT has lost one, WashT is losing one at least, I imagine CFC might be losing one or two, not sure about FC or ADF. State OYSA champs Eugene might lose one as well. OPFC is probably in a good situation here--they don't seem to be losing anybody.

And I don't know about 4H, Bend, or other OYSA clubs that were towards the top of the table.

Comment

Washington Rush is a bad team, and there's plenty of evidence of that without picking on specific players, especially ones that aren't the subject of this thread. According to what I've heard, RH will be at UPDX next year, along with (most of) the other players dropped from TA. Even though he's not coming back to Westside, Copa Dad is slightly annoyed at what appears to be a gratuitous cheap shot. You can do better.

Comment

Washington Rush is a bad team, and there's plenty of evidence of that without picking on specific players, especially ones that aren't the subject of this thread. According to what I've heard, RH will be at UPDX next year, along with (most of) the other players dropped from TA. Even though he's not coming back to Westside, Copa Dad is slightly annoyed at what appears to be a gratuitous cheap shot. You can do better.
                    Yeh lay off Copa Dad - don't know him, but appreciate his prose.

Comment

To clarify a bit.. Copa Dad is annoyed at a derogatory (and unprovoked) remark directed at a former Westside player (RH), even though said player is no longer playing for Westside. He's a good kid and a talented player, and hasn't done anything to deserve such scorn.

Comment

I agree. OPFC reached out to TA numerous times over the past 2 years for a friendly. TA refused every time. The reason being that they had nothing to gain and everything to lose. Especially considering that OPFC was having more out of State success. I say teams should be playing everybody. Get better.

Comment

To clarify a bit.. Copa Dad is annoyed at a derogatory (and unprovoked) remark directed at a former Westside player (RH), even though said player is no longer playing for Westside. He's a good kid and a talented player, and hasn't done anything to deserve such scorn.
                          I have to agree with this and with Papa Copa (I am updating your nickname). While RH is not my kid or ever on my son's team, he is a kid who loves soccer.

Comment

Him directly maybe not, but his father and all that have yelled from the mountain top that all that go to TA are very deserving and talented are looking through rose colored glasses. He is not and was not that talented so put a cork in it....not sure the “additions” make updx much better, infact bring drama and undeserved entitlement issues....

Comment

Him directly maybe not, but his father and all that have yelled from the mountain top that all that go to TA are very deserving and talented are looking through rose colored glasses. He is not and was not that talented so put a cork in it....not sure the “additions” make updx much better, infact bring drama and undeserved entitlement issues....
                              A parent spat. Nice.

Comment

100% agree- you don’t get to have it both ways. You don’t get to disparage and talk trash about players over the last 2 years in what you guys so lovingly referred to “little DA”. You can’t hide now and you have to accept and expect that people will talk chit about players coming out of the training grounds of the supposedly “superior” TA. It has been proven that all who were at TA did not deserve to be there, took spots that more deserving players should have occupied and that money and politics are what has run that ship. Infact, I would say there is still fat to be trimmed at TA but training cones are needed. Will the pool be better, sure, but it’s still like putting lipstick on a pig....0

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X