Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The commute with the new club may be slightly as bad. West Side parents are being told three of the days a week at either Westside or OES.
    All of the older age groups at BSC are being told Lincoln. So like 30 teams all being told they will be practicing at Lincoln. That’s a lot of teams out at Lincoln every night.

Comment

Interesting. You had the big kids in San Diego and were boat raced. Coincidentally, X fire played a common opponent (Santa Rosa) that beat you 0-3, and tied them 1-1. I saw both games, and the difference is that FC was overwhelmed, whereas X fire was able change tactics and compete. There is no development when you sacrifice teaching for results.
      If you saw both games than you should've realized that BM always had one of the leading goal scorers on defense in that game and that the other boys playing mid and wingers are not the same either. After the showcase BM hung his hat on not changing tactics and keeping to his game plan even though they boys were getting their butt kicked. He said they will be better for it. Personally, I think that it is a load of crap and one of the reasons FC lost a boy right after the showcase!

Comment

I am wondering how much size really has to do with their success?
        From what I have seen they also seem to anticipate well, move without the ball and make good decisions. Please don't tell me that their brains have developed quicker than others and will soon not have that advantage either.
        They do these things well, but better than other DA players? Not sure about that. Take off 4" and 20 pounds and both would be decent DA players, but not sitting atop the scoring table.

Comment

All of the older age groups at BSC are being told Lincoln. So like 30 teams all being told they will be practicing at Lincoln. That’s a lot of teams out at Lincoln every night.
          Drinkin' Lincoln. Providence Park East!

Comment

Drinkin' Lincoln. Providence Park East!
            More like Stinkin’ Lincoln. Homeless toilet, needle and used condom receptacle.

Comment

More like Stinkin’ Lincoln. Homeless toilet, needle and used condom receptacle.
              Well, those rich kids do stupid things when they're drinkin'.

Comment

After the showcase BM hung his hat on not changing tactics and keeping to his game plan even though they boys were getting their butt kicked. He said they will be better for it. Personally, I think that it is a load of crap and one of the reasons FC lost a boy right after the showcase!
                Yep! Should have made the transition to jungle-ball "GET IT OUT OF HERE" far earlier for the sake of parents' egos.

Comment

You neglected to mention at least one other difference: while FC was beaten by a more athletic team in San Diego there was no constant post-loss bitching about how big they were. No excuses. Yeah, we got beat. Wanna see a boat race? Watch FC play Crossfire. Fun times. Of course, the price you pay for that is having to listen to all of the excuses afterwards.
                  Boat race? Please, you have played Crossfire 5 times, and have won 3 and lost 2. I am not familiar with any of those wins being a boat race? Crossfire either won the game, or made substitution in the 2nd half as. DA academy, while FC did not. I am a fan of your team and kids, and you will not hear me bash your club. However, do not distort the facts. FC was the recipient of 2 bogus PK calls, that gave them 2 wins. The game at Gazelle was close for a half, but FC was the better team that day.

Comment

Boat race? Please, you have played Crossfire 5 times, and have won 3 and lost 2. I am not familiar with any of those wins being a boat race? Crossfire either won the game, or made substitution in the 2nd half as. DA academy, while FC did not. I am a fan of your team and kids, and you will not hear me bash your club. However, do not distort the facts. FC was the recipient of 2 bogus PK calls, that gave them 2 wins. The game at Gazelle was close for a half, but FC was the better team that day.
                    Just to clarify, FCP '05 DA has only lost to Crossfire '05 DA once and that was the very first game of the Fall season while the team was still getting to know each other.

Comment

Just to clarify, FCP '05 DA has only lost to Crossfire '05 DA once and that was the very first game of the Fall season while the team was still getting to know each other.
                      Missing a number of starters that day as well.

Comment

MG who is now the center back and anchor of he defense only played 19 min at center mid.
                        An 06 who never played again with the 05's played the whole game.
                        A boy who has not played with the team since the fall league notched 70 min.
                        LH (left back), AR (goal keeper), JK (right winger), TE (center mid) and RF (striker) were not even on the roster for that loss. I think you better hold back with trying to compare a win against a short handed team almost EIGHT months ago with the teams now.
                        Nice try trying to act like Crossfire is relevant though!

Comment

Oh really? So then, you probably do not want me to post this link to evidence that suggests otherwise. Yes, this game took place at your home turf, in your own little weekend of "friendlies." You had all your kids there, so no excuses. Unless of course you want to blame the coach for actually trying to teach soccer, I stead of punt, run, punish?

Comment

https://youtu.be/8hXLAL5n7fA

Comment

MG who is now the center back and anchor of he defense only played 19 min at center mid.
                              An 06 who never played again with the 05's played the whole game.
                              A boy who has not played with the team since the fall league notched 70 min.
                              LH (left back), AR (goal keeper), JK (right winger), TE (center mid) and RF (striker) were not even on the roster for that loss. I think you better hold back with trying to compare a win against a short handed team almost EIGHT months ago with the teams now.
                              Nice try trying to act like Crossfire is relevant though!
                              Nice FC. You start something and then can't back it up. "Boat race Crossfire and then listen to the excuses..." however, when called out on your losses, you have more stories and excuses then RF has fouls.

Comment

Disturbing the publisher of that video is United PDX. Did parents on both FC and Crossfire give United Pdx permission to post videos of their minor children on a public you tube site?????

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X