X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes. Great trainer for sure, but...:

Also major connections to USSF which is how those players get called into camps to get looks.

Yes, everyone who gets a look, earns a spot, gets noticed because of a connection. Tell you what, post a link to your kids highlight tapes on TS and we can all do our part to get your kid noticed.

Comment

Yes, everyone who gets a look, earns a spot, gets noticed because of a connection. Tell you what, post a link to your kids highlight tapes on TS and we can all do our part to get your kid noticed.
      Not that poster but don't fool yourself into thinking selections are all about skills. For the most part it is, but there is still plenty of politics and chummy club relationships. It's even worse with the men's side where a number of dads are club DOCs and coaches.

Comment

I'm guessing the majority of the kids that get sent (not called) to ID camps are coach, DOC or team manager related. The minority are based on talent.

Comment

She's already been noticed, but thanks anyway.

Also, my post was in no way an attempt to imply those players called in to camps were undeserving or not highly skilled players. I know they are very good players.

I was only pointing out the obvious....which everyone already knows....that there are lots and lots of very good players that don't get called in and when you have a trainer / coach with connections and USSF's ear....it certainly makes a difference when they recommend you or pulls some strings to get your foot in the door. Impossible not to see this. It's how life in general and certainly USYNT work.

Comment

Also, my post was in no way an attempt to imply those players called in to camps were undeserving or not highly skilled players. I know they are very good players.

I was only pointing out the obvious....which everyone already knows....that there are lots and lots of very good players that don't get called in and when you have a trainer / coach with connections and USSF's ear....it certainly makes a difference when they recommend you or pulls some strings to get your foot in the door. Impossible not to see this. It's how life in general and certainly USYNT work.
            Agreed - the margins between some players is thin so a gentle nudge can help push one player in the door over another. It's how life works too - getting to a college if you're friends with a prominent alumni or getting a job over another person. Life isn't always by strict rules; there's lots of gray areas. Plus judging talent is as much an art as a science. Soccer isn't like track or swimming where it's all about your best times.

Comment

https://www.socceramerica.com/public...ree-major.html

PDA, Michigan Hawks and Stars of Massachusetts
              Any more following?

Comment

No, you were inferring that those players got called up because of LT connections when the fact is closer to LT getting connected because he had all those girls called up.

Comment

No, you were inferring that those players got called up because of LT connections when the fact is closer to LT getting connected because he had all those girls called up.
                  Yes. Morgan certainly helped him get connected and notoriety as the excellent trainer / coach he is. Which is why when he picks up the phone people answer and listen carefully. Rightly so. He's training and sending some quality players to camp. So...his top girls keep getting looks.

Also...I like how you tell me what I'm trying to say, lol.

Comment

what if KID$nap in smoking old MONTE CARLO$ WHIP LASH ride OLD SMOKEY BEAR CUBS?!

what if children go on LONG ROAD HOME WARRIORSpun smoke TIRE$hip BUSTrap?!

what if the WILDER BEASTrip BUStrain$HOP in smoking $HIPlayers chase FUNERAL PROse?!

what if KIDS climb smokey TRAIN$hop ENVIRONMENTAL FLOWER BEDrains SWAMP?!

what if BIG GREEN MONSTER watched OLD RED SOX smoke YORKIE$tump old CARDINALS?!

what if STADIUM IVORY TOWERS implode with OLD BODY FARM$witch smoke HAY STACK?!

think HAY FIELDS smoke HAYEStrip JOCK$trap JOCKEY$trip CLUB brownies COOKIES sparky.

Haynes LEGO$trip smoke PLASTICO BAD COMPANY mixed UPSTAIR CASE VASE FLOWERS.

think mates. FIRE & SMOKE. name smoking FIRE~BYRD$hop near old TRANS~AM$trip.

PONTIAC or BUICK CHARTS smoking OLD CARSwing DOORS & TRUNK$hip TRADE$hop.

cough mates.

Comment

Read article in Post #1. Good one.

Comment

Is it official- no high school soccer for any GDA players in the nation?

Comment

Yes. Morgan certainly helped him get connected and notoriety as the excellent trainer / coach he is. Which is why when he picks up the phone people answer and listen carefully. Rightly so. He's training and sending some quality players to camp. So...his top girls keep getting looks.

Also...I like how you tell me what I'm trying to say, lol.
                          Somebody has to since you do such a sh!tty job pretending you know what your talking about.

Comment

Is it official- no high school soccer for any GDA players in the nation?
                            My understanding is waivers from private school kids only. No other HS. Even privates have to get club and DA approval and some clubs won't grant it no matter what. They never should have tried to grandfather the HS aged girls in but they were desperate to attract talent and fill rosters. It just created too many issues and really they were just delaying the inevitable - some players just won't give up HS.

But, haven't seen it in black and white yet, just what I've been told be reliable sources (yeah, I know it's TS so take it for what it's worth)

Comment

My understanding is waivers from private school kids only. No other HS. Even privates have to get club and DA approval and some clubs won't grant it no matter what. They never should have tried to grandfather the HS aged girls in but they were desperate to attract talent and fill rosters. It just created too many issues and really they were just delaying the inevitable - some players just won't give up HS.

But, haven't seen it in black and white yet, just what I've been told be reliable sources (yeah, I know it's TS so take it for what it's worth)
                              US Soccer is the be all and wouldn’t it have its rules in writing!

Comment

Considering MV is looking at keeping 5-6 '03 boys and with the amount if '02s staying I think ECNL is our option. I wonder how many out of state paying players from tryouts they are adding. Odds don't look to good for us.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X