Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Correction: Even the SPOL kids won’t play GAL.
    Never

Comment

It’s the same person who keeps bashing “GAL” clearly a Stars coach. No one else calls it “GAL” but you. You seem to have a lot of bitterness about not being able to get those NEFC players.
      Oh, sorry, what does your “Girls Academy League” car magnet say?

Comment

All of these list teams will be growing , developing and improving. Looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

I hope the GA does well. If anything it would be another choice, a path for kids who maybe cant get to ECNL club due to commute times and it keeps the other clubs honest and forces them to offer a good product. I think the big IF is whether they can make a 10 month season concurrent with HS play function. If so, that would be a big deal for kids who have really bad HS programs and who would prefer to just play or train with their club. IMO A rising tide lifts all boats and this is almost always true. I think that outweighs the nebulous "watering down" argument.

Comment

I hope the GA does well. If anything it would be another choice, a path for kids who maybe cant get to ECNL club due to commute times and it keeps the other clubs honest and forces them to offer a good product. I think the big IF is whether they can make a 10 month season concurrent with HS play function. If so, that would be a big deal for kids who have really bad HS programs and who would prefer to just play or train with their club. IMO A rising tide lifts all boats and this is almost always true. I think that outweighs the nebulous "watering down" argument.
            Do the ECNL clubs offer year round training for kids who can't play HS for whatever reason?

Comment

Do the ECNL clubs offer year round training for kids who can't play HS for whatever reason?
              Meh. My kid's club was training with younger teams while her team was playing HS. Come October, players were expected to start showing up to team training if your HS team wasn't playing post-season or got knocked out. Not many older players not playing High School in ECNL and certainly no organized competitive season. Again, not really sure why a player wouldn't be playing for their HS. It's soccer, it's fitness. This wasn't even a thing on the girls side until GDA came out and said no HS soccer.

Yeah, yeah, bad teams, bad coaches, whatever. I've heard it all before. If soccer is that important, choose a better HS. We did. Got the best of all worlds, great academics, strong HS soccer team and ECNL when soccer is done. Had to go private to get it all, but it's been worth it.

Comment

Meh. My kid's club was training with younger teams while her team was playing HS. Come October, players were expected to start showing up to team training if your HS team wasn't playing post-season or got knocked out. Not many older players not playing High School in ECNL and certainly no organized competitive season. Again, not really sure why a player wouldn't be playing for their HS. It's soccer, it's fitness. This wasn't even a thing on the girls side until GDA came out and said no HS soccer.

Yeah, yeah, bad teams, bad coaches, whatever. I've heard it all before. If soccer is that important, choose a better HS. We did. Got the best of all worlds, great academics, strong HS soccer team and ECNL when soccer is done. Had to go private to get it all, but it's been worth it.
                Many HS teams are full of club players. Not all ECNL, but many quality players. Coaching is inconsistent, of course, but for the majority of kids, maybe the vast majority, it's a perfectly fine (and fun) way to play in the fall. It's not for everyone but then nothing is.

Comment

Not many ECNL players do ODP, so doubtful.
                  It’s ironic since the stars girls are used to the Lancaster commute

Comment

Not true at all that every ECNL kid plays for their HS. I have known a number who chose to train on their own or with other groups instead of playing HS. Particularly if they knew that their varsity team would be really weak and without any club players. Definitely was the case back when we lived in NY. Our town had a strong program for HS but we knew families who didnt bother because of the situation at their particular school.

Comment

Fcusa?

Comment

Fcusa?
                        Someone spill the dirt.

Comment

Here’s the dirt

Cristiano Ronaldo shows his workout routine ! unbelievable !

see here:
                          https://youtu.be/cc71aVJtpIw

Comment

Fcusa?
                            FCUSA 2007 NPL team sticking together and going to Seacoast?

Comment

Not true at all that every ECNL kid plays for their HS. I have known a number who chose to train on their own or with other groups instead of playing HS. Particularly if they knew that their varsity team would be really weak and without any club players. Definitely was the case back when we lived in NY. Our town had a strong program for HS but we knew families who didnt bother because of the situation at their particular school.
                              There's always a few that don't play for their HS teams but not many and not enough for a club or league to run in the fall. I think a few tried to do some fall training awhile back, but it didn't go anywhere. That leaves players to train on their own or with a trainer = more money. You would have to work very hard because your teammates will be coming back to club very fit.

Comment

The parents*** maybe it’s the coaching. Coaching at fsa and CFC stinks, there’s no coaching, just kick the ball. They could’ve gone to ny since it might be closer to them but they wouldn’t make a difference there.
                                I have 3 kids through this and one that’s a senior. Always cracks me up how these middle school parents seem to know it all.

My 2002 daughter is off to college in the fall (at least for now). Her Stars team is excellent and the kids did well with placements. They’ve been playing CFC since they were in 8th grade. CFC was a better side. Talented, organized and played good quality soccer. Always a great battle.

The fact that theses parents would drive up here multiple days a week is stupid. Lancaster is hardly convenient for the majority of Stars parents with a Mass address

Last I checked all of these teams go to the same events as well?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X