Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yep, tough, tough stuff, BTNT. Brutal. No wonder a few might prefer D3.
    I am not BTNT and you responded to my post about mental toughness and accountability.
    You seem obsessed with this dude/doe. Not every post is that person.

Comment

Agreed. I was trying to get the point across that the $ is loaded toward the top of the roster, so that the poster doesn't get the incorrect sense that everyone on the roster might be getting significant $'s. Despite what blowhards want you to hear at cocktail parties, "D1 soccer player on scholarship" doesn't always mean $30-40,000+ in aid. If you check the season stats and a kid is playing <100 minutes (injuries aside), that kid is likely getting $0.
      Is someone that isn't injured and only playing sparing minutes considered valuable? Probably not. So why would they get $$$?

Comment

I am not BTNT and you responded to my post about mental toughness and accountability.
        You seem obsessed with this dude/doe. Not every post is that person.
        Whatever...at least you are doing us a public service by highlighting that D1 scholarship athletes are expected to show up in excellent shape and realize that they are going to have to be very dedicated. I mean, like who knew? So thanks.

Comment

Is someone that isn't injured and only playing sparing minutes considered valuable? Probably not. So why would they get $$$?
          Decisions on $ are made well before they set foot in campus and are playing. Some coaches will misjudge a few players, some players don't put in the hard work. Evaluating talent isn't an exact science

Comment

I understand what you are writing but really don't agree with your recommendations because I think that they are unrealistic. Your kid is picking a job and they are not a normal student. Everyone needs to come to grips with that. Coming in as an athlete their whole world is going to be focused around their team and other athletes they encounter during their day to day routines. The reality is that they might not even get to know much of the school outside of that little bubble. That is where their friends are going to come from and for the most part who they socialize with. If a kid is not happy with their team they aren't going to stay at the school because realistically there will be nothing there to keep them there. That's just human nature. As far as being able to pay for the school without the scholarship, that's a big unexpected nut to swallow, especially if you have more kids and where planning for several years on that scholarship money.
            So wrong. You're there for an education with a job that helps pay for it. You may not even be getting paid for it. If you're going to leave because soccer disappeared then you weren't really choosing the school, you were deciding based on soccer.

Comment

Whatever...at least you are doing us a public service by highlighting that D1 scholarship athletes are expected to show up in excellent shape and realize that they are going to have to be very dedicated. I mean, like who knew? So thanks.
              Plenty don't know. And they get on the wrong side of the coach before they even lace up.
              Sorry not your bff BTNT. Maybe you need a hug or a lollipop.

Comment

Decisions on $ are made well before they set foot in campus and are playing. Some coaches will misjudge a few players, some players don't put in the hard work. Evaluating talent isn't an exact science
                Gee thanks for your public service posting. BTNT?

Comment

Gee thanks for your public service posting. BTNT?
                  No fan of the guy but definitely not him. Yes some players don't put in the hard work, lose PT, even get cut. Don't let your kid slack senior year. It probably won't end well.

Coaches also don't always get it right. If they did, and players targeted spot on all the time there wouldn't be transfers and so few playing by senior year.

Comment

Thanks for your help, Paul.
                    Monz, we got Paul ondah line heah. Paul, heahs youah first qweschin.

Who is da Cubie of da Kansas City Chiefs?

Comment

Monz, we got Paul ondah line heah. Paul, heahs youah first qweschin.

Who is da Cubie of da Kansas City Chiefs?
                      Patrick Mahomes

Comment

Patrick Mahomes
                        One down, 3 to go. Paul, youah Chiefs fan huh?

Lets see.......Mhmmm.............doooooot doooooooot ....ahhhhhhhhh........pffffffffffffff

Heah ya go. What was the final score or Supah Bowl fawr? The final score of Supah Bowl fawr?

Comment

One down, 3 to go. Paul, youah Chiefs fan huh?

Lets see.......Mhmmm.............doooooot doooooooot ....ahhhhhhhhh........pffffffffffffff

Heah ya go. What was the final score or Supah Bowl fawr? The final score of Supah Bowl fawr?
                          Hmmmmm......can you repeat the question?

Comment

Hmmmmm......can you repeat the question?

Paul, the Final scaw of Supah Bowl Fawr. I'm gonna need an answer heah. Monz, I can heah him typn on duck umputah

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                              paul, the final scaw of supah bowl fawr. I'm gonna need an answer heah. Monz, i can heah him typn on duck umputah
                              23-7!

Comment

23-7!
                                Two down, two mawr to go. Paul, ya evah been to a Supah Bowl?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X