Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree. I obviously don't play for HMS so I don't know what the current team's attitudes are off the field, during practice, or even in the locker room, and I don't want to make any assumptions about it. Just because your team isn't winning does not excuse bad attitudes/behavior.
    It isn't, but coaching staff also bears some responsibility as well. The right or wrong attitude from the top matters, as well as adjusting for personalities to get the best from each individual and as a team.

Comment

It isn't, but coaching staff also bears some responsibility as well. The right or wrong attitude from the top matters, as well as adjusting for personalities to get the best from each individual and as a team.
      Right. it’s critical he make the right hires for asst coaches. Also agree that he needs to change or remove some of the bad apples there and have a fair system to reward and leverage the high performers.

Comment

Also not the OP. TD’s only impact was scoring the tying goal vs Merrimack. He was not effective whatsoever otherwise. WE was somewhat effective but he never defended and fouled needlessly in dangerous areas which often led to goals against them. HH was too inconsistent. The only effective and high performing starters in my opinion (Harvard alum, former player, watched every game, mostly on ESPN) were ON, GL, and MG. Yep only three. NGM, DS, SLL and BR looked good in the few games they played. This team desperately needs real ballers- very talented, strong and ***consistently*** good players who are attack-minded but always willing to defend.
        OP here. I would add that Harvard had a hard time getting the ball out of the back and stringing passes together while under pressure.. I agree with your assessment.

Comment

OP here. I would add that Harvard had a hard time getting the ball out of the back and stringing passes together while under pressure.. I agree with your assessment.
          The team was terrible under pressure. Every time they played out from the back I got so nervous for them.

Comment

Before the season started, Harvard played Tufts in a preseason match. Does anyone know what the score was from that game? I'm gonna assume they lost considering they could barely tie Merrimack who was promoted from D2 to D1.

Comment

How many goals did they score all season?

Comment

How many goals did they score all season?
                8 goals. They had 49 goals scored against them.

Comment

Before the season started, Harvard played Tufts in a preseason match. Does anyone know what the score was from that game? I'm gonna assume they lost considering they could barely tie Merrimack who was promoted from D2 to D1.
                  3-0 Tufts

Comment

3-0 Tufts
                    That’s impossible, no D3 team can compete with even a bad D1.
                    —BTfT

Comment

That’s impossible, no D3 team can compete with even a bad D1.
                      —BTfT
                      Not True. BTDT never offers his opinion on Boys. He, and most others, don't care.
                      This site generates more clicks about lesbians on campus than beta male soccer.

Comment

3-0 Tufts
                        There was no preseason scrimmage. And Merrimack is heavily international (predominantly Italian) and tied Boston College a week before BCs results against then #3 Clemson and #1 WF. So, Merrimack, a “recently promoted D2” would utterly trounce Tufts. Men against boys.

Comment

There was no preseason scrimmage.
                          Uh, yes there was. Goals were scored approximately 2, 22, and 55 minutes in.

Comment

Uh, yes there was. Goals were scored approximately 2, 22, and 55 minutes in.
                            I believe it because the team is just awful. Anyway, doesn’t matter.need to look forward. Shapiro needs to fix it and he has everyone rooting for him. Incredible opportunity for him to transform recruiting and team culture. Harvard men’s soccer needs a lot of work. Very few good (talented, consistent) players and overall bad team chemistry caused by a few bad apples.

Comment

And . . . One of the assistant coaches is gone!

Let the housecleaning begin.

Comment

And . . . One of the assistant coaches is gone!

Let the housecleaning begin.
                                Left for greener pastures

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X