Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2021 - Predictions for June 15?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don’t you mean the parents? Most players don’t care. But their parents certainly do.
    Bingo. Hopefully I'd their club did it they had permission first, but I think most are from families

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Bingo. Hopefully I'd their club did it they had permission first, but I think most are from families
      You can tell the parents who post. There is a lot of information. Otherwise, TDS gets player lists from other sources.

Comment

You can tell the parents who post. There is a lot of information. Otherwise, TDS gets player lists from other sources.
        The site does not create profiles from roster lists. The player or their representative must choose to create the profile.

Comment

When will the majority of 2021 players be recruited by (all levels)? Do you think by The end of June?

Comment

When will the majority of 2021 players be recruited by (all levels)? Do you think by The end of June?
            Better D1 yes. But there will still be mid to lower D1 spots (probably with no money) and certainly d2 and D3 still into the summer.

Comment

I don't have hard data but my observation is that “the majority” of players by division
              D1 - already done. Most finished over holidays. Final spots will fill this spring with admissions support only or token offers and promises of maybe more next year
              D2 - not much experience with that in MA, so don't know
              D3 - A few early commits announced, but this spring is prime season leading up to first week of July when admissions pre-reads allow coaches to offer support

Comment

I don't have hard data but my observation is that “the majority” of players by division
                D1 - already done. Most finished over holidays. Final spots will fill this spring with admissions support only or token offers and promises of maybe more next year
                D3 - A few early commits announced, but this spring is prime season leading up to first week of July when admissions pre-reads allow coaches to offer support
                Coaches have finally started being transparent with my daughter. They like her for their mid level D1 programs but little to no athletic money available, just a roster spot. She is still communicating with some lower level D1 schools that have athletic money still to offer and she is a player that they want to have on campus. The mid level D1 programs seemed to have used the last of their athletic scholarship money in December through January for the class of 2021.

After the Spring club seasons, if your daughter does not have a D1 offer or roster spot then I would reach out to D2 and D3 schools for PDA Showcase and Nationals

Comment

Coaches have finally started being transparent with my daughter. They like her for their mid level D1 programs but little to no athletic money available, just a roster spot. She is still communicating with some lower level D1 schools that have athletic money still to offer and she is a player that they want to have on campus. The mid level D1 programs seemed to have used the last of their athletic scholarship money in December through January for the class of 2021.

After the Spring club seasons, if your daughter does not have a D1 offer or roster spot then I would reach out to D2 and D3 schools for PDA Showcase and Nationals
                  Thank you for this. This type of info is what I’m looking for. My 2021 is talking with a few mid-tier D1 schools but they want to have another look at her. No OV and no discussion of money so far. Trying to understand this new timeline and manage expectations. Since the holidays she’s gotten D3 interest from a few schools too but of one’s we’ve never heard of or reached out to.

Comment

When will D3s wrap up the 2021 class?

Comment

When will D3s wrap up the 2021 class?
                      Some D3s may have a few verbals out but the admissions read is first week of July and thats when they wrap things up

Comment

D told us last night that a MA girl committed to a D1 program. It would appear D1 is not already done as mentioned above.

Comment

D told us last night that a MA girl committed to a D1 program. It would appear D1 is not already done as mentioned above.
                          Most likely they are getting little to no athletic dollars. Most of the $ was locked up awhile ago, especially at the higher level programs. Schools are happy to have another full paying student, or maybe if they're well above admission norms the student got some merit $

Comment

Yes ,take commit statement for what it is.If you have the Gpa and money you can “commit” to any school you like.You just may “commit” to 4 years of riding the bench or a practice player which some kids are happy with doing.

Comment

not sure about you, but I found this part pretty clear
                              "Final spots will fill this spring with admissions support only or token offers"

Comment

Yes ,take commit statement for what it is.If you have the Gpa and money you can “commit” to any school you like.You just may “commit” to 4 years of riding the bench or a practice player which some kids are happy with doing.
                                Right, so are you saying that D1 coaches will take anyone on their roster if they are willing to not take athletic money? I think not. Posts have been clear: 28 player girls roster, 14 scholarships, bottom 7 or so on the roster is likely getting no money. Here is the thing: they are still D1 recruited athletes and doing something that only about 1% of students graduating HS can or are willing to do.

Please stop with the ******* contest about scholarships. If the kid has the athletic talent to play and the GPA to get merit money and admissions, more power to them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X