Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding funding...

Is it safe to assume if a college has an D1 FBS team team the women’s soccer program is fully funded?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What a minute above poster - HC is an excellent school - the coach brown was of the year - this whole link has slammed parents about letting their Ds sacrifice a good education just to play at a subpar academic D1 school - so now you disparage a kid getting a athletic scholarship to play there? The program is decent (D doesn’t plan on professional soccer career) academics excellent and not paying full price - so what’s your problem? Jealousy.....
      Over react much? The soccer is poor. Poster said nothing about the academics. Men's were 3-15-0, women's 5-4-8.

You've also no idea what poster you were responding to. No one should let their kid sacrifice academics for sports. However, sometimes that's the only way college can be afforded, and some kids just don't have the grades for better academic schools. I won't judge anyone in those situations. If the school and soccer are a good fit and the student athlete is succeeding then the families have won the lottery. But if their kid is somewhere just to be playing D1 (and I've know a few) They need to re-evaluate their priories

Comment

Regarding funding...

Is it safe to assume if a college has an D1 FBS team team the women’s soccer program is fully funded?
        Not always but yes more likely. The school also may not be fully funding their football program, which lowers the #.

Comment

Over react much? The soccer is poor. Poster said nothing about the academics. Men's were 3-15-0, women's 5-4-8.

You've also no idea what poster you were responding to. No one should let their kid sacrifice academics for sports. However, sometimes that's the only way college can be afforded, and some kids just don't have the grades for better academic schools. I won't judge anyone in those situations. If the school and soccer are a good fit and the student athlete is succeeding then the families have won the lottery. But if their kid is somewhere just to be playing D1 (and I've know a few) They need to re-evaluate their priories
          You assume every kid has the maturity to want to be educated. Not every kid is a fan of school. They all have to find their way in life though and I know quite a few very wealthy people who never had much need for traditional educations

Comment

You do not get 14, $40k scholarships, you get 14 scholarships. 50% for instate vs 50% out of state costs the coach the same amount even though you could argue the value for one player was $15k and about $30k for the other.
            Some here apparently don't realize that there is a much lower internal cost that the athletic departments essentially pay the schools for the scholarships. It certainly isn't the full advertised tuition.

Comment

You assume every kid has the maturity to want to be educated. Not every kid is a fan of school. They all have to find their way in life though and I know quite a few very wealthy people who never had much need for traditional educations
              What is the relevance, BTNT? You've shamed your kid for years, saying she had no interest in school and then you crow that she was an all academic, all conference selection at MCLA. And does a scholarship somehow make it better if a kid has no interest in school?

Comment

Is there any way of leaving the kids out of it? While his posts are mind boggling, so are the responses when giving specifics regarding the kids. Jmho

Comment

Is there any way of leaving the kids out of it? While his posts are mind boggling, so are the responses when giving specifics regarding the kids. Jmho
                  I would agree with you along with the caveat that all information shared came directly from him, and at one point or another was key to his bizarre rants and disparagement showcases.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X