Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Massachusetts teams heading to Jeff Cup

I’d imagine that no Massachusetts club is heading down to Jeff Cup this spring in the middle of the pandemic. Both my daughters clubs decided against going which works for me. Doesnt seem like it would be a good idea or safe at all.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’d imagine that no Massachusetts club is heading down to Jeff Cup this spring in the middle of the pandemic. Both my daughters clubs decided against going which works for me. Doesnt seem like it would be a good idea or safe at all.
    Jeff cup is happening and teams are going. We’ve been in the middle of a pandemic for a year now. Life must go on.

Comment

Jeff cup is happening and teams are going. We’ve been in the middle of a pandemic for a year now. Life must go on.
      Life does not need to go on with a huge soccer tournament for kids
      Not necessary at all. End is in sight. Play in mass for a while and go to a tournament later.

Comment

What does the time frame have to do with anything? Pandemic is still going strong. I wouldnt have my sons or daughter play down south when covid is still going strong but to each his own. NEFC is out. Not going!

Comment

Sss and NE Surf going.

Comment

I was just on the 07 thread: select and surf look like the only 2 Mass teams dumb enough to go.

Comment

Life does not need to go on with a huge soccer tournament for kids
              Not necessary at all. End is in sight. Play in mass for a while and go to a tournament later.
              Ok Karen - you do that and let those of us and our kids who are ready to live- get on with our lives which includes going to out of state soccer tournaments. No one is making anyone go IF YOU DONT WANT TO DONT GO! We are waaaay past two weeks to flatten the curve and are done with all of the BS! To richmond we go!

Comment

Its what two months away? Anything can happen. Some teams may still drop out especially if numbers stay bad. Numbers could also look much better. Who cares if people go? If they are careful, follow the guidelines or rules at the time (eg if still have to quarantine when returning) that's fine. But if a lot of teams do drop out then that's when you question if it's worth the time cost and yes some risk

Comment

I was just on the 07 thread: select and surf look like the only 2 Mass teams dumb enough to go.
                  SSS interesting- very! Didnt they punt the entire late summer and fall away this year? Now they are 1 of only 2 Massachusetts teams going to Virginia. I guess LL thinks the pandemic is over.

Comment

Ultimate Decision should be left up to each parent whether their son or daughter plays. Its that simple. Is the tournament still strong this year? Hopefully each division has top teams as always. Good luck to all our Mass. team going to Virginia. Have brackets come out yet?

Comment

Isn’t Bayside from RI going?

Comment

You (like me) have no idea where we will be in 2 months. If (big if I know) vaccinations ramp up to 1M a day we will see a decent turn around within 6-8 weeks. That would make Jeff cup doable. I’ve had both vaccine doses already, and am fine with travel months from now. How about we all see where we are on March 1, then decide.

Comment

You (like me) have no idea where we will be in 2 months. If (big if I know) vaccinations ramp up to 1M a day we will see a decent turn around within 6-8 weeks. That would make Jeff cup doable. I’ve had both vaccine doses already, and am fine with travel months from now. How about we all see where we are on March 1, then decide.
                          all you need to listen to is our governor daily and i think he would have a major disagreement with you. Heck Biden talks about the dark winter. Should i believe you or President Biden?

Comment

all you need to listen to is our governor daily and i think he would have a major disagreement with you. Heck Biden talks about the dark winter. Should i believe you or President Biden?
                            He's merely echoing what health experts have said. It will take some time to see the impact of vaccinations and thousands are still dying every day. Lost in the impeachment debate was we the record for most deaths in a day. That's dark. The vaccine rollout has been hit or miss. I am hopeful yet at the same time concerned about how long it will be until I can get it.

Comment

Most days Biden can’t remember his own name. I think we are better off believing the anonymous poster. Heck, I think this anonymous poster is a better presidential candidate then either of the clowns we had to chose from.

BTW- I do agree with you about the governor. With months to plan, he can’t even figure out how to get the vaccine into peoples arms. We are way behind schedule and are throwing out multiple doses daily. He knows this thing would be under control by spring because he is an incompetent moron.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X