Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Imagine posting on this topic, when you weren’t there in the office and on the conference calls.
    Whatever was going on behind the scenes was reflected on the field. We spent one miserable year with GPS. Bunch of foreign coaches who either didn’t know how to coach or didn’t show up. Too few players assigned to teams so we were constantly asked to help out teams that were short players. Zero useful communication. It was a sh**show and unfortunately we were new to club soccer and didn’t know better. We and other team parents tried talking to the head office and got no where asking for better coaching (or at least someone who would show up consistently) or a refund. And we talked to literally dozens of parents on other GPS teams with similar experiences as we ran around from game to game on the sidelines. It was a joke so not surprised they folded. If the government contacted me about those coaches who were here on illegal visas, I would gladly rat them out.

Comment

Whatever was going on behind the scenes was reflected on the field. We spent one miserable year with GPS. Bunch of foreign coaches who either didn’t know how to coach or didn’t show up. Too few players assigned to teams so we were constantly asked to help out teams that were short players. Zero useful communication. It was a sh**show and unfortunately we were new to club soccer and didn’t know better. We and other team parents tried talking to the head office and got no where asking for better coaching (or at least someone who would show up consistently) or a refund. And we talked to literally dozens of parents on other GPS teams with similar experiences as we ran around from game to game on the sidelines. It was a joke so not surprised they folded. If the government contacted me about those coaches who were here on illegal visas, I would gladly rat them out.
      Prove it, I worked there and call bull**** on this? What region your kid play for?

Comment

"asked to.help out teams..." so you mean kids from those other teams weren't showing up?
        I'll accept what you say at face value assuming you and your kid were among the masses at the base of their pyramid - the area where all clubs male most money - but no way your kid played for one of their top teams and you had the described experience.

Comment

Prove it, I worked there and call bull**** on this? What region your kid play for?
          Probably exaggerated, but wouldn’t doubt the whole story if the kid was a lower level regional kid.

Comment

Sorry dude, but "the business nerd" was a huge part of the problem. He thought he was better than everyone else and still believes this. Meanwhile, lts of people lost, especially players and employees.
            He thought he was better because he had evidence of massive immigration and accounting fraud you utter dolt.

Comment

He thought he was better because he had evidence of massive immigration and accounting fraud you utter dolt.
              You don’t know your azz from your elbow, you moron. Stop commenting about things way above your pay grade.

Comment

You don’t know your azz from your elbow, you moron. Stop commenting about things way above your pay grade.
                Enjoy jail, bitch.

Comment

Probably exaggerated, but wouldn’t doubt the whole story if the kid was a lower level regional kid.
                  Lower level regional kid would be 95% of GPS. How many regions did they have in MA? 7 or 8 regions with 3 or 4 teams per age group? That would be thousands of “lower level regional” kids. GPS only had a couple NPL-level teams per age group.

Comment

Lower level regional kid would be 95% of GPS. How many regions did they have in MA? 7 or 8 regions with 3 or 4 teams per age group? That would be thousands of “lower level regional” kids. GPS only had a couple NPL-level teams per age group.
                    Right. So your kid, like 95% or more of kids, is not good.

No one really cares about your thoughts, clubs just want your checks, and we just want you to play so we can feel better about our kids in the 5% or .1% like my kid

Comment

Enjoy jail, bitch.
                      Why so angry, homie?

Comment

Right. So your kid, like 95% or more of kids, is not good.

No one really cares about your thoughts, clubs just want your checks, and we just want you to play so we can feel better about our kids in the 5% or .1% like my kid
                        If your kid were in the .1%, they never would have played at GPS. Especially if you have a girl.

Comment

If your kid were in the .1%, they never would have played at GPS. Especially if you have a girl.
                          Agreed. Even GPS’ best girls teams would lose to SSS, Scorpions and Stars lower level teams.

Comment

Agreed. Even GPS’ best girls teams would lose to SSS, Scorpions and Stars lower level teams.
                            GPS Girls MA Elite 2002 team were the best in the state and one of the best country. At any level and any league structure. Great coaching, great players and great game style.

Comment

Nice "hand wave" argument. You obviously don't know the current HS Seniors very well. Those who do know how many came up through GPS. #FreeGavin

Comment

btw: I never said my kid played at GPS. I just said your kid was not good, as evidenced by the fact that you are complaining about your experience with a regional team. As for .1%, It's really not that boastful a claim, do the math.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X