Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    An just so you know my child played for pumas before and I removed her from it.
    Why? Did you truly remove her because it was unfair to the town teams?

Comment

Why? Did you truly remove her because it was unfair to the town teams?
      If you play club you have no business playing in superliga. If you are playing superliga and club this proves to me you should just Leave your club. They obviously not offering enough of the following,

- training
      - games on the weekend

Reasons my daughter left is simple ... .. .

- Plays in her age group
      - Good coaching
      - Good league
      - Players are her level

Comment

Well if the club players don’t play for their town we won’t have enough players.
        Club players play for town to have fun with their peers in school and town. In club they might play with kids from all over the state. No problem w kids playing both if they play for their town. Not the same as a fake town team which is a club team under an alias in Superliga. Then I think the last poster is correct, they are looking for more game time because their club isn’t offering enough. The teams under an alias undermine the meaning of town soccer. They pull kids away from their towns.

Comment

Well if the club players don’t play for their town we won’t have enough players.
          Club players play for town to have fun with their peers in school and town. In club they might play with kids from all over the state. No problem w kids playing both if they play for their town. Not the same as a fake town team which is a club team under an alias in Superliga. Then I think the last poster is correct, they are looking for more game time because their club isn’t offering enough. The teams under an alias undermine the meaning of town soccer. They pull kids away from their towns.
          Superliga is not going to do anything about it. Just do not play in the puma superliga division. Always going to encounter low lifes like the puma parents and coaches that get joy in getting over on little children in a town league. just need to get on with it.
          The best town teams should have the opportunity to compete against each others towns and not be placed in a division with premier teams.
          Just refuse to play them...problem solved. We now should know we do not need superliga to play

Comment

Superliga is not going to do anything about it. Just do not play in the puma superliga division. Always going to encounter low lifes like the puma parents and coaches that get joy in getting over on little children in a town league. just need to get on with it.
            The best town teams should have the opportunity to compete against each others towns and not be placed in a division with premier teams.
            Just refuse to play them...problem solved. We now should know we do not need superliga to play
            puma says a lot about surf, as they are one in the same. SC, do you crack a victory beer after a big win over a town team in superliga? at what point do you say...man I am looser.

Comment

If you play club you have no business playing in superliga.
              So are you saying that Superliga is basically rec? Or are you saying kids shouldn't be allowed to play with their hometown friends who might not be as skilled as them? Or that if a kid wants to play with his/her town friends, they should not be allowed to also play on a higher level club team? Or are you saying small towns that don't have enough players to field teams without including their more skilled club players should just not have soccer at all? Or some combination of all of those things?

Comment

So are you saying that Superliga is basically rec? Or are you saying kids shouldn't be allowed to play with their hometown friends who might not be as skilled as them? Or that if a kid wants to play with his/her town friends, they should not be allowed to also play on a higher level club team? Or are you saying small towns that don't have enough players to field teams without including their more skilled club players should just not have soccer at all? Or some combination of all of those things?
                Superliga today is a competitive rec league. Kids should be 100% playing with their home town friends if that was the case the so called Pumas would Not exist.

Facts about the groups.
                First - Every player plays club
                Second - players all from other cities and town
                Third - players from outside the state of RI

Years ago super logs would not allow the following
                - not more then 3 players from outside your town per team
                - not more then 3 premier players per team

This created the following through tour the league. More teams balanced through out divisions, and provided the fair opportunity to all towns to have an equal chance to have enough teams. The way the Landscape is now you can basically submit a town team in a different identity to showcase your team to unfortunate team through out the divisions.

For example what if PM 08 boys was to play in the superliga? They would need to play in a u16 divisions for them to have a even competitive game to happen. It’s just not logically healthy or even suitable for the landscape of all Rhode Island upcoming and currently involved in the system. If your playing town and club soccer your club must be doing a great job proving the opportunities for individuals to improve. Save your money buy a rebounder some goals and train at home.

Comment

Is Puma a club? Or town team so confused
                  Who cares. This thread is about clubs, not dad crated town teams and fighting over Superliga rules.
                  Superliga is Rec.
                  Club is competitive.
                  If this puma team plays in Superliga they are rec team irrelevant and leave them alone who
                  Cares
                  If they are club nobody heard of you.
                  Superliga has good competitive teams when some of the premier kids play with their town or a nearby town. The problem with Pumas is that it is NOT a town association but a bunch of premier kids from Surf that SC and LR use to find and recruit town players and pad their pockets $$. Superliga needs to modify their rules or other town teams will not enter top division. When that happens Superliga puts Pumas in second division. Does not solve the problem! Superliga is greedy and does not care about competition.

Comment

Superliga has good competitive teams when some of the premier kids play with their town or a nearby town. The problem with Pumas is that it is NOT a town association but a bunch of premier kids from Surf that SC and LR use to find and recruit town players and pad their pockets $$. Superliga needs to modify their rules or other town teams will not enter top division. When that happens Superliga puts Pumas in second division. Does not solve the problem! Superliga is greedy and does not care about competition.

Puma parent here of the youngest team, 2010/2011. 4 games this Fall. 2 wins by 1 goal each game, a tie, and 1 blowout win. The older 2010 puma team, had 3 wins and 1 loss, not sure of the scores, but sounds pretty competitive to me. Please help me understand what problem needs to be solved? Does that not sound like competitive results? Let me guess, your kid plays in a league where every game is decided by 1 goal?

Comment

This conversation over Pumas is boring.

Are you happy with your club. Absolutely
                      Am I happy with my town team? Yes definitely
                      Are we happy with Superliga or ODP? Nope
                      Superliga failed kids in Ri not getting their act together until the 11th hour too late for towns to organize a season so towns improvised.
                      ODP has no been good at communicating in a couple years.

Comment

This conversation over Pumas is boring.

Are you happy with your club. Absolutely
                        Am I happy with my town team? Yes definitely
                        Are we happy with Superliga or ODP? Nope
                        Superliga failed kids in Ri not getting their act together until the 11th hour too late for towns to organize a season so towns improvised.
                        ODP has not been good at communicating in a couple years.

Comment

Are we seriously worried about winning superliga divisions?

Let the kids just play, your town team not good enough then go to the Rhody division. Why all the hate on the Pumas? We played against them multiples times, win some lose some... You want kids to just get a trophy go on e-bay and get them one. It's not like the Pumas are hiding out in any of the B or C leagues

Comment

I could care less about the alias teams as long as they are from RI. It’s one thing to have out of town players another to have out of state players. What I do care about is Superliga not letting the towns start up in August when clubs were playing, scrimmaging then games. It was like Superliga didn’t care. Towns orchestrated their own scrimmages which was great of those coaches but not all towns were able to do this. It was unfair to kids not playing club. They missed spring and fall season and winter leagues still not happening so unless your in club or played for a town like Lincoln who seems to be the most organized and competitive town for soccer in the state btw, you were SOL. Hats off to Lincoln. We don’t live there, but those kids had the longest season with a ton of practices and scrimmages against towns and clubs. Good for them!!!

So when you ask are you happy with your club? Those not in club.. are you happy with soccer in RI?

Comment

Warwick Fire Fighters also did a great job.

Comment

Warwick Fire Fighters also did a great job.
                                So did Portsmouth.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X