Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don’t think the OP has any love for Surf and don’t think this thread was intended to promote Surf as there is a few negative replies about Surf already. This thread is about being happy with your club. I will tell you there are many unhappy club parents right now in various clubs. Why? Oh maybe because they paid for club tuition expecting winter training, practices, futsal etc and were told due to Covid they are offering none of it and no decreased tuition. Super irresponsible clubs charging for winter season during a pandemic. We knew we would have no options. What do they offer us? Clinics that we can pay extra for. Lovely. So now parents are creating teams and leagues and playing one another. My prediction clubs will fall after this year. Parents are realizing they can organize a pretty good team and ask an experienced player or coach to train them in group trainings once a week the parents organize the rest through Wide World under new team names. Has already been going on but it might be the new normal.
    I agree with some of this, especially for how useless Superliga is. Take away the trophy part and the top town teams, in particular would be much better off playing each other in a more grass roots fashion. Most of the top teams have a portion of their roster that plays club anyway, so could really help scheduling. Plus we could get rid of the teams that are completely made up of club kids, which the Superliga has allowed to come in and dominate the town teams.

Comment

I agree with some of this, especially for how useless Superliga is. Take away the trophy part and the top town teams, in particular would be much better off playing each other in a more grass roots fashion. Most of the top teams have a portion of their roster that plays club anyway, so could really help scheduling. Plus we could get rid of the teams that are completely made up of club kids, which the Superliga has allowed to come in and dominate the town teams.
      Jealous of kids playing club and town soccer? Get a life. These kids love playing and typically started as town players that wanted to play more. Club gives them a bit more but still plenty of time to play town with their classmates and future middle school/high school teammates. Its important for the kids to keep the bond with their bond with their town teammates/friends.

Comment

Jealous of kids playing club and town soccer? Get a life. These kids love playing and typically started as town players that wanted to play more. Club gives them a bit more but still plenty of time to play town with their classmates and future middle school/high school teammates. Its important for the kids to keep the bond with their bond with their town teammates/friends.
        Pretty simple solution . If you have more than 5 club kids they have to play in Premier Division . Call it something besides Anchor.
        If a coach wants to play up say U11 team made up of mostly club players then they would have to play u12 Anchor which would technical be 2nd division . This way if coaches really want to do the right for development and not worry about winning then play for the sake of development.

If you have a baysidefc or Surf players and she is good or really good then she has two options play up or play on a team in a premier division. If for some reason there is not enough teams to make up a premeri division then that teams has to play up to Anchor.
        Anchor would be considered 4 club players or less.

Comment

Pretty simple solution . If you have more than 5 club kids they have to play in Premier Division . Call it something besides Anchor.
          If a coach wants to play up say U11 team made up of mostly club players then they would have to play u12 Anchor which would technical be 2nd division . This way if coaches really want to do the right for development and not worry about winning then play for the sake of development.

If you have a baysidefc or Surf players and she is good or really good then she has two options play up or play on a team in a premier division. If for some reason there is not enough teams to make up a premeri division then that teams has to play up to Anchor.
          Anchor would be considered 4 club players or less.
          You know what's in Anchor already, lots of premier players on teams. Don't need another division, there won't be enough teams to make it competitive. If you don't want to play against the premier players, play down a division. All the anchor trams have several premier players. Its a competitive division for the boys. Most teams are made up of at least 2 age groups already. Playing up 1 age group is fine for skilled players. More than that is often not a good idea because of size and strength differences. With that said, 90% of my boy's team played up 2 age groups this fall due to lack of teams and did just fine. We were not comfortable with the size difference, but with limited teams in the Superliga this year, really had no choice. Would rather have better competition at their age group, but we get that with club soccer. Town soccer is a chance for the kids to have fun, try things they may not try in a premier game and bond with friends.

Comment

Since the post was Are you happy with your club, not Superliga, let’s stick to the club scene.
            We are happy with our club now, that’s because we left the one we were unhappy with.
            We were unhappy with poor coaching and no player development. Other parents were unhappy with roster size or lack of competition. Whatever your reason if your unhappy you should leave because it’s bad for the team and your child to be negative on the sideline. What I don’t understand are the parents that stay and complain about their club. I get it if you already paid but you have no reason to return Year after year and complain on the sideline. If you are unhappy move along. If your unhappy w town team that’s a bigger challenge as it’s a very political world here in RI among soccer dads. They play their own kids the most and build a team around their “star.” Often the team is propping up their star. Eventually it all washes out in the teen years as favoritism cannot substitute talent. So Are you unhappy with your club? If yes, speak to the director and the coach. If there are no changes or no plan to improve move along people do it all the time.

Comment

You know what's in Anchor already, lots of premier players on teams. Don't need another division, there won't be enough teams to make it competitive. If you don't want to play against the premier players, play down a division. All the anchor trams have several premier players. Its a competitive division for the boys. Most teams are made up of at least 2 age groups already. Playing up 1 age group is fine for skilled players. More than that is often not a good idea because of size and strength differences. With that said, 90% of my boy's team played up 2 age groups this fall due to lack of teams and did just fine. We were not comfortable with the size difference, but with limited teams in the Superliga this year, really had no choice. Would rather have better competition at their age group, but we get that with club soccer. Town soccer is a chance for the kids to have fun, try things they may not try in a premier game and bond with friends.
              I think it is a simple solution. At least 50% of all teams have to live within the town or some close proximity. Teams like the Pumas are a joke and just for recruiting and making SC and LR some money.

Comment

Ok I like 50% of players live in the town or a town nearby if a town doesn’t have soccer or a team for your child’s age group. However what about 90% of the players are all from the same club? I don’t mind club players on town but mixed clubs.

Comment

Ok I like 50% of players live in the town or a town nearby if a town doesn’t have soccer or a team for your child’s age group. However what about 90% of the players are all from the same club? I don’t mind club players on town but mixed clubs.
                  First requirement could work. 50% might even be a little too low a bar. Imagine having 7 "guests" on a 9v9 team.

Requiring mixed clubs could be harder if all the kids on the town team who end up playing club end up at the same place.

Comment

First requirement could work. 50% might even be a little too low a bar. Imagine having 7 "guests" on a 9v9 team.

Requiring mixed clubs could be harder if all the kids on the town team who end up playing club end up at the same place.

I don't understand all these rules and trying to get around teams being really good. Why not let kids play with kids their same talent level, and if the talent isn't in their age group, play them up. I would think it makes sense if the parents feel that it is ok, and the coach feels it is ok, what's the issue. Seems pretty simple to me. If all parents were as involved as the "good team" parents, they could also create these "unfair" teams as people on TS like to call them. To me, it comes down to wanting my kid to be challenged at games and practices, obviously coinciding with having fun. It's really not fun for a kid to play on a team where they are much better than the rest of the town kids, and it can cause issues with the other kids as well.

Comment

I don't understand all these rules and trying to get around teams being really good. Why not let kids play with kids their same talent level, and if the talent isn't in their age group, play them up. I would think it makes sense if the parents feel that it is ok, and the coach feels it is ok, what's the issue. Seems pretty simple to me. If all parents were as involved as the "good team" parents, they could also create these "unfair" teams as people on TS like to call them. To me, it comes down to wanting my kid to be challenged at games and practices, obviously coinciding with having fun. It's really not fun for a kid to play on a team where they are much better than the rest of the town kids, and it can cause issues with the other kids as well.

say it loud proud so everyone on talking soccer can hear you

PROUD PUMA PARENT ALERT !

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Comment

say it loud proud so everyone on talking soccer can hear you

PROUD PUMA PARENT ALERT !

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Instead of giving a solution, you vent your displeasure for the team your kid plays for, by bashing another team. So your saying, split up the puma teams, have them play for their town, in their age group (because that is what their towns are requiring), and make 90% of their teammates feel useless at games and practices? That makes a lot of sense. Your most exciting soccer moment is venting on TS. Pathetic

Comment

Instead of giving a solution, you vent your displeasure for the team your kid plays for, by bashing another team. So your saying, split up the puma teams, have them play for their town, in their age group (because that is what their towns are requiring), and make 90% of their teammates feel useless at games and practices? That makes a lot of sense. Your most exciting soccer moment is venting on TS. Pathetic
                          What’s pathetic is how the pumas have been playing in the league illegally all these years. The by-laws of the superliga they are suppose to have the following in order to participate in the league

- a referee program (which they do not or ever had one standing)

- there also is more

Comment

An just so you know my child played for pumas before and I removed her from it.

Comment

What’s pathetic is how the pumas have been playing in the league illegally all these years. The by-laws of the superliga they are suppose to have the following in order to participate in the league

- a referee program (which they do not or ever had one standing)

- there also is more

An just so you know my child played for pumas before and I removed her from it.

If it's illegal, why is it happening? All these "more" things you refer to, they don't matter. What matters is, let the kids play in the best situation for each player. If you don't like it, don't play.

It must stink that you were with the pumas playing up at least 1 year, possibly 2, and now you either don't play, or are playing in your age group for your town. Then again, that might make you feel special that your kid is possibly killing it. Maybe not so much, as the pumas gave you your walking papers. Get a clue. Buh bye

Comment

Is Puma a club? Or town team so confused
                                Who cares. This thread is about clubs, not dad crated town teams and fighting over Superliga rules.
                                Superliga is Rec.
                                Club is competitive.
                                If this puma team plays in Superliga they are rec team irrelevant and leave them alone who
                                Cares
                                If they are club nobody heard of you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X