Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Baysidefc business model includes illegal recruiting .
    Baysidefc use ODP and RDS Revs e-mail list to recruit players from other clubs which has created animosity in our small state .

We rather be 2nd best in the state and know we did it the right way by developing and not cheating.
    Recruiting is done by most coaches at all of the clubs. Pay to play is the problem.

Comment

Recruiting is done by most coaches at all of the clubs. Pay to play is the problem.
      I have no problem with coaches recruiting some kids although I do think a few coaches are a bit over the top. My kid was recruited at ODP and was flattered. It also gives a parent and kid a chance to attend a practice to see if the fit is good. It's a two way street-- coaches recruit players and parents shop around.

Comment

don't hate the player hate the game

Comment

don't hate the player hate the game
          There's a difference between recruiting and poaching. I have no problems when families initiate contact to check out a club/team. I do have an issue with a player/family who commits for a year and renegs on that, however there are certainly circumstances where it can and does make sense when the welfare of the player is at risk. When coaches reach out or use other platforms with the intent to recruit talent outside of the usual tryout period, that's poaching.

You can justify however you want. Make all the excuses in the world, players wouldn't leave if they were happy, players wouldn't leave if the coach was "insert adjective here" or if club offered "insert league here". Reality is it's poaching and I personally wouldn't want someone as influential on a young player as a coach to have access to my kid knowing they weren't morally upstanding and were willing to skirt rules to improve their own standing.

Of course, the saying goes, "There is no honor among thieves..." and club soccer is full of thieves. As a parent, I'm very aware of the character of those adults around my kids. As a coach, I'm very aware that I'm an example for my players. It really is that simple...

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2930439]There's a difference between recruiting and poaching. I have no problems when families initiate contact to check out a club/team. I do have an issue with a player/family who commits for a year and renegs on that, however there are certainly circumstances where it can and does make sense when the welfare of the player is at risk. When coaches reach out or use other platforms with the intent to recruit talent outside of the usual tryout period, that's poaching.

You can justify however you want. Make all the excuses in the world, players wouldn't leave if they were happy, players wouldn't leave if the coach was "insert adjective here" or if club offered "insert league here". Reality is it's poaching and I personally wouldn't want someone as influential on a young player as a coach to have access to my kid knowing they weren't morally upstanding and were willing to skirt rules to improve their own standing.
            /QUOTE]

Well I’m sorry you lost a player or two to a club. Coach don’t take it personally or judge the family. You don’t know everything behind a parents decision .

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2930752][QUOTE=Unregistered;2930439]There's a difference between recruiting and poaching. I have no problems when families initiate contact to check out a club/team. I do have an issue with a player/family who commits for a year and renegs on that, however there are certainly circumstances where it can and does make sense when the welfare of the player is at risk. When coaches reach out or use other platforms with the intent to recruit talent outside of the usual tryout period, that's poaching.

/QUOTE]

How about if the club reneges on what it promised? Doesn't that bother you too?

Comment

There's a difference between recruiting and poaching. I have no problems when families initiate contact to check out a club/team. I do have an issue with a player/family who commits for a year and renegs on that, however there are certainly circumstances where it can and does make sense when the welfare of the player is at risk. When coaches reach out or use other platforms with the intent to recruit talent outside of the usual tryout period, that's poaching.

Of course, the saying goes, "There is no honor among thieves..." and club soccer is full of thieves. As a parent, I'm very aware of the character of those adults around my kids. As a coach, I'm very aware that I'm an example for my players. It really is that simple...
                Recruiting via ODP is wrong. Should be obvious.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X