Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you ever go to a game, you realize all the down time.

After a score, the play is reviewed to make sure it was, in fact, a touchdown.

Then, automatic extra point.

Commercial Break.

Kickoff - most likely a touchback

Commercial again
    It is a made for TV sport. Being at an actual game is not fun, unless you are in to tailgating, etc.

Comment

Same here. Just as it starts getting exciting then there's play stoppage for some reason, then a timeout, then a commercial break, and once they start back up again you've lost interest. And it's pretty much a 3 1/2 hour time commitment start to finish. What I really don't get are the guys who watch it all weekend long, every season weekend. Don't get me wrong I enjoy rooting for the Pats and watching a good game. But all day long? That's time you can't ever get back.
      Especially when there's only 11 minutes of actual action in American football.

I absolutely love rooting for the Pats too but sometimes you just have to realize there are some things a sport needs to fix and for football, it's fixing the amount of time that's spent taking times outs and breaks. The rules also need a bit of changing too

Comment

It is a made for TV sport. Being at an actual game is not fun, unless you are in to tailgating, etc.
        Tailgatings fun once in a while but doing it every weekend just to watch 11 minutes of play in a 3 hour time span is ridiculous if you look at it from an unbiased perspective. I mean what's a sport when it's only enjoyable when you're three or four beers in?

Comment

thanks for sharing but I do disagree with some of his views on football.

Comment

Like most people have already mentioned, I just have an issue with the stoppage times in American football. The rest is ok

Comment

How could someone talk bad about America's sport? Blasphemy

Comment

How could someone talk bad about America's sport? Blasphemy
                Why not? It's a pretty boring sport to watch tbh

Comment

What a fantastic read about soccer and football in the United States.

I'm in! let's do this.

Comment

Really enjoyed reading that. Truthfully, I don't have the same connection to American football as I do with European football even though I grew up in an American football-loving family. It's weird, I only started watching soccer 4 years ago and I've been studying the game ever since. It's quite remarkable how complex soccer really is without the veil of it actually being complex like American football.

Comment

I enjoy watching football more than soccer. Soccer is fun to watch at times but I feel I have a cultural connection to football more.

Comment

I enjoy watching football more than soccer. Soccer is fun to watch at times but I feel I have a cultural connection to football more.
                        That's how I feel. I really do enjoy soccer but I don't feel a cultural connection to it over football.

Comment

Shared the article with the folks and they just laughed in my face. sigh

Comment

Shared on Facebook

Comment

Good read but doesn't talk about corruption in football.

Comment

Good read but doesn't talk about corruption in football.
                                That's because there's corruption in every pro sport. There's so much corruption in then NFL and NBA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X