Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The truth is he is an average MLS player at best. The rev's hyped him to be something more than he is which is still quite an accomplishment but lets face it not a superstar
    Agreed, I think his peak could be at a Championship or League 1 level in England, which by no means is a knock on him, that would be great. Many people here need to face it, he's not the next big thing to come from Massachusetts or the Revs. My honest prediction is that he will become a good MLS player. Worst case I think he becomes a journeyman. And if Agudelo comes back to the Revs, he can forget about any significant playing time for a second year.

Comment

Agreed, I think his peak could be at a Championship or League 1 level in England, which by no means is a knock on him, that would be great. Many people here need to face it, he's not the next big thing to come from Massachusetts or the Revs. My honest prediction is that he will become a good MLS player. Worst case I think he becomes a journeyman. And if Agudelo comes back to the Revs, he can forget about any significant playing time for a second year.
      He had a great year as an 18 year old, MVP for Revs. That certainly doesn't make him world class, the notion that he has "decided" to play internationally for a top 10 country is absurd. He should "decide" to live up to his potential and work his butt off to become a starter on a top flight Euro team in several years first, use Clint D as a role model. Starting for Revs and doing as well as 2012 would be a good start. Creative but weak physically true. I suspect his nutty dad is behind all this, needs to tone it down a notch or eight.

Comment

The truth is he is an average MLS player at best. The rev's hyped him to be something more than he is which is still quite an accomplishment but lets face it not a superstar
        Precisely. He was hyped because he was homegrown. The fact that the Revs helped develop him is to their credit, but let's not drink the Kool-Aid either. He's a decent enough player for the MLS, maybe a starter at some point in his career on some sides, but he's not close to being world class and has no chance to break into Uruguay's national team which features stars like Luis Suarez and Edinson Cavani. If he was at that level, he'd have been playing in Europe for a year or two, not struggling to see time in the MLS.

Incidentally, I'm not one who just writes off the MLS as hack league. It has definitely improved over the last decade and is working its way toward being a solid league. I think it has a bright future as does US soccer, but just because a local kid makes good at the MLS level and then elects to try play for Uruguay, doesn't mean that US Soccer botched an opportunity.

Comment

Look how the MLS destroyed Freddy Adu. Now he's a nobody. He was supposed to be the boy wonder. My suggestion to Deigo is go to an euro club and compete in their lower fib and continue to horm your trade. MLS is not the best place to develop if you are a young player without the physical tools. Go now before you are just another Freddy Adu

Comment

Look how the MLS destroyed Freddy Adu. Now he's a nobody. He was supposed to be the boy wonder. My suggestion to Deigo is go to an euro club and compete in their lower fib and continue to horm your trade. MLS is not the best place to develop if you are a young player without the physical tools. Go now before you are just another Freddy Adu
            It's a shame because Freddy Adu was actually a really good player who showed potential. The hype just killed him. Had he not had that crazy hype surrounding him, I think he could have been a pretty decent MLS player.

Comment

It's a shame because Freddy Adu was actually a really good player who showed potential. The hype just killed him. Had he not had that crazy hype surrounding him, I think he could have been a pretty decent MLS player.
              Did it ever come out how old he actually is?

Comment

Did it ever come out how old he actually is?
                Yeah he's actually 40

Comment

Yeah he's actually 40
                  No, he's actually in his 2nd life so he's really 165. And the goat blood they drink over there in Africa while they are tampering with their birth certificates works wonders. Didn't you know that the first thing on the minds of the families (I mean for the kids who still have a parent alive) when they are wondering about their next meal and life-threatening illnesses is the neon-lighted shop 30 miles down the desert where they do the birth certificate altering for ya for....well...was going to say 5K...but I guess it must be free?

Comment

No, he's actually in his 2nd life so he's really 165. And the goat blood they drink over there in Africa while they are tampering with their birth certificates works wonders. Didn't you know that the first thing on the minds of the families (I mean for the kids who still have a parent alive) when they are wondering about their next meal and life-threatening illnesses is the neon-lighted shop 30 miles down the desert where they do the birth certificate altering for ya for....well...was going to say 5K...but I guess it must be free?
                    Might want to lay off the caffeine the rest of the day

Comment

Yeah he's actually 40
                      No way he's anywhere near 40 or even 30 for that matter. I'd say his said age right now is really close to his actual age if that's not his real age.

Comment

If Fagundez was anything special he'd be plying his trade in Europe right now for a team like Ajax, Galatasaray or Shaktar Donetsk, not wallowing in the MLS.

Comment

Or not. Diego is very good but sat on the Revs bench down the stretch. Not exactly a starter on world top 10 resume. Bench boy at best.
                          Bull. He was one of the top scorers in 2013 and one of the top 3 skilled players on the Revs. Most teams don't know how to use finese, creative players. Just want to ram it down the other teams' throats with long balls, run fast, jump high. Not DF's game.

Comment

If Fagundez was anything special he'd be plying his trade in Europe right now for a team like Ajax, Galatasaray or Shaktar Donetsk, not wallowing in the MLS.
                            He grew up as part of the Revs so it was natural that he would begin his career there. Next contract will be elsewhere. and absolutely a step up.

Comment

Bull. He was one of the top scorers in 2013 and one of the top 3 skilled players on the Revs. Most teams don't know how to use finese, creative players. Just want to ram it down the other teams' throats with long balls, run fast, jump high. Not DF's game.
                              You are confusing speed and flash with skill. DF has the former. His first touch leaves allot to be desired. I hope he succeeds. He has great instincts. But I don't see him as a top flight player. And he wont get better playing for the Revs

Comment

He grew up as part of the Revs so it was natural that he would begin his career there. Next contract will be elsewhere. and absolutely a step up.
                                He actually spent more time with DC United and DC BOLTS than Revs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X