Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Currently there are two players on the national team pools One under 16 and one u14 from the Revs academy that are doing well . JR and IA . One played for Vikings and the the other for Bayside RI.

People are trying to compare MAPLE vs NEP for their own selfish personal reasons .The reality is that you should find a good coach that will develop your kid and not develop their club.
    OK, so these kids played for Vikings and Bayside- and then they left. I don't know about the "selfish" reasons - for me, my kids want better competition, we're not willing to make the sacrifices required for academy (if they were capable of playing at that level), and the quality of play in Maple has dropped greatly in a couple of years as the "good" teams left for NEP. In both NEP and Maple (my kids are in both, as we've stuck with the local teams until they get older), there are some teams that are not good teams (so agreed that not all the NEP teams are good- any club with multiple teams is going to have some weaker teams). You can paint me as the crazy dad and say I'm driving for some elusive glory, but a normal 15-year old knows when the level of competition has dropped to the point where it's less fun/challenging/rewarding. My kids have loved their Maple coaches and the training has been good, but there's a point where they want to be challenged in game competitions- they want to play the best teams around, and short of academy, that's NEP. So we figured out a way to transport the older one to an NEP team, and the younger ones would appear to be on the same path. No ax to grind here, and I hope my younger kids can stay with their local Maple teams and still progress, but Maple appears to be in decline.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X