Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are any club parents happy?

Every time I talk to someone on the sidelines they seem unhappy with their team, coach, club, fill in the blank, etc.

For all the money being spent the bar seems to be set pretty low.

How does this happen?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Every time I talk to someone on the sidelines they seem unhappy with their team, coach, club, fill in the blank, etc.

How does this happen?
    and the obsession continues

Comment

We are happy

Comment

Absolutely. My daughter enjoys her club, coach and teammates. They only win 1/3 of their games but they are improving at a rapid rate. The whole experience has been worthwhile for us. There are too many miserable parents that ruin the experience for kids. Clubs should do a better job educating families on good practices in supporting their child, team and coaches because misery is contagious.

Comment

Absolutely. My daughter enjoys her club, coach and teammates. They only win 1/3 of their games but they are improving at a rapid rate. The whole experience has been worthwhile for us. There are too many miserable parents that ruin the experience for kids. Clubs should do a better job educating families on good practices in supporting their child, team and coaches because misery is contagious.
          That is true! It's almost like you are supposed to complain on the sidelines. We've had some very good experiences and a few not so good - in those instances I've learned it's better to keep it to yourself and/or discuss it with the club. The club/coach is the only one who can resolve an issue not bit**y parents. I've put up some miserable old sods on the sidelines because my kids were happy and developing.

Comment

How does this happen?
            Since you went to the trouble of starting this thread why don't you tell in detail how YOUR experience is going for YOU and YOURs instead of speculating about others? We are all ears.

Comment

We are very happy with my daughter's club! She absolutely loves her club, her friends on the team, and has continued to develop in the 5 years she's been there. Our goal has always been to support her in whatever it is she enjoys, whether that be dance, music or in this case soccer. Contrary to what some on this site believe, it has never been about the ROI. It's about providing her with an enjoyable experience and learning the skills to be a successful adult, such as working hard, commitment, teamwork, etc. that playing a sport provides.

Comment

I am more than pleased with my son's club team and overall experience. I am going to guess that if you actually asked the players if they were happy, most would say yes. It's the parents who create the misery. They believe little mia or landon isnt getting the appropriate attention, playing time, or other things that they "deserve" and they won't make D1 or the national team unless they move to another club after complaining about the current one. While I am sure there are some bad club and coach situations, those are simply the ones that get the most attention.

Comment

Since you went to the trouble of starting this thread why don't you tell in detail how YOUR experience is going for YOU and YOURs instead of speculating about others? We are all ears.
                  How about you show some class and answer his question. If not then why are you here?

Comment

How about you show some class and answer his question. If not then why are you here?
                    Ummmm, class would be the OP (YOU?) starting with HIS experience and then asking about others. Externalizing and projecting on to others without sharing your own experience in detail is classless...and reeks of agenda.

Comment

How does this happen?

I am happy. In 5 years, I have hooked up with 3 different moms.

Comment

We are very happy with my daughter's club! She absolutely loves her club, her friends on the team, and has continued to develop in the 5 years she's been there. Our goal has always been to support her in whatever it is she enjoys, whether that be dance, music or in this case soccer. Contrary to what some on this site believe, it has never been about the ROI. It's about providing her with an enjoyable experience and learning the skills to be a successful adult, such as working hard, commitment, teamwork, etc. that playing a sport provides.
                        LMAO ! Thanks for the input Mary poppins!

Comment

Ummmm, class would be the OP (YOU?) starting with HIS experience and then asking about others. Externalizing and projecting on to others without sharing your own experience in detail is classless...and reeks of agenda.
                          and the obsession continues

Comment

interesting, when you say: "...they improving at a rapid rate", who or what you compare them with? has it ever occur to you that somewhere out there bunch of teams developing with much rapid-er rate. You only happy because of geographical proximity and low commitment expectation at your club/team. which allows you to minimize time and energy spent on soccer and your kid in general. Next fall you will realize that 2 best players are gone and team will be winning 1/5 of their games and then will be moved in the lower division (if there is any). But I guess you will still be happy with the rate of their improvements.

Comment

What is your beef? The poster was only inquiring as to why the thread was started and asked that the OP tell his/her story as well. I don't know why you assume that the OP was a 'him', unless you are 'him'. Otherwise, this thread sounds like one started by a woman with the air of being sensitive and needy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X