Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well it probably is the case at this point that all the top teams in MA play some futsal, second tier don't. Serious question, are there any top teams in MA that don't do some futsal?
    On the boys side we run across Valeo, Bolts, Stars, GPS, Hammer and a few others. Don't see NEFC around at all.

Comment

On the boys side we run across Valeo, Bolts, Stars, GPS, Hammer and a few others. Don't see NEFC around at all.
      Jamboree United and Sidekicks for the most part are NEFC

Comment

Valeo will win two age groups: U12 and U13
        LOL....Why would they want to, they want get any GS points!

Comment

Love the troll parents that come on this site and mock a tournament because their kids are not playing in it because it is beneath them, or there is a troll club that is starting to get a little jealous it is becoming obvious this event seems to be growing every year and families may be writing checks they are not getting.

It is a well run event during the offseason when most soccer fields around here are frozen. The kids have fun and the level is getting higher every year. There are some teams that are not real strong and there are others that are very strong. Years back soccer started out a little bit like this around here. It didn't take long for some of us to turn into snobs.

Most coaches and clubs don't have a problem with their players participating as long as it doesn't interfere with their schedules.

I guess you could have entered a team if you wanted and if the teams there are not that good your players would have some fun and maybe win it. Maybe you would find out there may be a better team of players. But it is much safer to come on here instead and just bash away.

Comment

For the record this tournament is mos likely getting better each year but any team can enter. Last year my son's team won 14's with a team that was thrown together overnight. There is not a deep lineup in any age group.
            Overnight meaning the day before you played? Of course the rosters have to be finalized a week before the competition on line......So Brazilian United threw together a team at the last minute?

http://www.htgsports.net/scoring/Sch...&Pool=0&Team=0

Comment

To be fair, you are partly correct, but competitive Futsal is on the rise. It is a fun and exciting game. However, the best players are still choosing to play small sided turf games with a regular ball.
              I dunno. To me it is the difference between Filet Mignon and Hamburger. Sure the hamburger can taste good but if you have a Filiet. Mehhh not so much....

Comment

I dunno. To me it is the difference between Filet Mignon and Hamburger. Sure the hamburger can taste good but if you have a Filiet. Mehhh not so much....
                Burgers on the couch are best!

Comment

In this example (comparing futsal and small sided turf games) Which is the fillet and which is the hamburger?

Comment

In this example (comparing futsal and small sided turf games) Which is the fillet and which is the hamburger?
                    Please don't feed the trolls. His kid can't play futsal and he thinks that is a good thing.

Comment

This event will be quite good this year. Futsal is a fun winter sport that does seem to help with fine muscle coordination development!

Comment

Please don't feed the trolls. His kid can't play futsal and he thinks that is a good thing.
                        Play indoor soccer on a boardless field.......... Futsal is a brand. Real soccer is Filet. No denying futsal is fun. I played it as an adult for years but I can't say it made me a better player any more than anything else I did. My kid is out of soccer but HATED the game with a passion.

Comment

Play indoor soccer on a boardless field.......... Futsal is a brand. Real soccer is Filet. No denying futsal is fun. I played it as an adult for years but I can't say it made me a better player any more than anything else I did. My kid is out of soccer but HATED the game with a passion.
                          My son and all the boys on his team love futsal. But they are very good at it. Maybe your son hated it and is out of the game because of you. No surprise there.

Comment

The best players in the world grew up playing futsal. Perhaps your son hated it because he's one of those big/fast/earlier bloomers that coaches/teams cater to. Speed and size make no difference in futsal and therefore some of the "best" US soccer players are not great futsal players.

Comment

Players with good foot skills thrive in futsal. Boot ball players dont and therefor dont like it but they many have dads who tell them not to worry, it's not the real game. Being good at futsal does not garauntee you are a great soccer player. But it is similar to juggling: all outstanding players can do it.

Comment

The best players in the world grew up playing futsal. Perhaps your son hated it because he's one of those big/fast/earlier bloomers that coaches/teams cater to. Speed and size make no difference in futsal and therefore some of the "best" US soccer players are not great futsal players.
                                The best US players could have used some futsal training!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X