Commonwealth F.C. - Braintree

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what age group this is but anything can happen at younger ages with 1 or 2 outstanding players. Especially if they play kick and run. I have seen teams with 2 quality players beat many teams at the younger ages due to playing one at center back and the other at forward. The center back kicks the ball to the forward and the forward scores. Great development for the other kids on the field and bench. I would rather pay a bigger club if they are developing players and not just trying to beat teams. JMTC

Comment

Majority of boys have improved a lot - obviously like every team, some are better than others

Comment

6ejymk

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Not sure what age group this is but anything can happen at younger ages with 1 or 2 outstanding players. Especially if they play kick and run. I have seen teams with 2 quality players beat many teams at the younger ages due to playing one at center back and the other at forward. The center back kicks the ball to the forward and the forward scores. Great development for the other kids on the field and bench. I would rather pay a bigger club if they are developing players and not just trying to beat teams. JMTC
        Depends on the age group but I think its a valid question to ask. If, at U12+ your playing on a big club's second team and losing to good D3 Maple teams then is it worth the extra money (significant money to some) to play for the bigger club?

In the lower age groups a few good players can make up for less quality players on the field. This is not the case for the older age groups. I'm picking U12 as a cutoff for this "rule of thumb" but this is just a guess.

Thoughts?

Comment

hhjerc

Depends on the age group but I think its a valid question to ask. If, at U12+ your playing on a big club's second team and losing to good D3 Maple teams then is it worth the extra money (significant money to some) to play for the bigger club?

In the lower age groups a few good players can make up for less quality players on the field. This is not the case for the older age groups. I'm picking U12 as a cutoff for this "rule of thumb" but this is just a guess.

Thoughts?
          this is u14 Unfortunatley, so many players on big clubs lower teams can only play on town travel 3rd teams and have developed nothing from all the expensive club coaching.

Comment

If you want proof that the Commonwealth boys are a very good team for one town only- check their result v NEFC united in fall last year - 2-2 tie - NEFC united are now in first place in their NEP division and ranked 17th in state. FACTS.

Comment

If you want proof that the Commonwealth boys are a very good team for one town only- check their result v NEFC united in fall last year - 2-2 tie - NEFC united are now in first place in their NEP division and ranked 17th in state. FACTS.
              If they are good then why does their coach put them in D3? Why doesn't Maple move them up?

Comment

If they are good then why does their coach put them in D3? Why doesn't Maple move them up?
                trying but tough for a small team - hopefully this season maple will allow

Comment

Beat NEFC United" who are "in first".....Key words "in their division"....which is the 4th Division (the lowest) division in NEP. So it really is no surprise they tied, since commonwealth FC is in the MAPLE....5th Division (MAPLE 3White). Just facts.

Not trying to tear the team down, but please get a grip. Don't come on hear saying they the next best thing without any facts. They are a good town team. Congratulations. Now lest all move on.

Comment

Oh please let this die. We've established they are top...of the bottom. Enough already!!

Comment

Ranked 17th in the state = average to not very good team.

Comment

this is u14 Unfortunatley, so many players on big clubs lower teams can only play on town travel 3rd teams and have developed nothing from all the expensive club coaching.
                        Enough with the "I play for a small Maple club and we are equal". Wake up. If town soccer had a clue and offered anything of value, there would not be a need for large clubs. All your club does is validate the same crappy priorities that most town programs push. Kick and Run, Big clubs are just thieves and make sure you tell little Mia that she's just as good as the big club players. No need to test the waters over there! And I love these parents that can remember that game 2 years ago when we beat or tied that big club.

Have fun in Maple.

Comment

Enough with the "I play for a small Maple club and we are equal". Wake up. If town soccer had a clue and offered anything of value, there would not be a need for large clubs. All your club does is validate the same crappy priorities that most town programs push. Kick and Run, Big clubs are just thieves and make sure you tell little Mia that she's just as good as the big club players. No need to test the waters over there! And I love these parents that can remember that game 2 years ago when we beat or tied that big club.

Have fun in Maple.
                          Sounds like the baseball coaches at scorpions getting worried

Comment

You mean basketball coaches, right?

Comment

I love the little engine that could moral high ground...Go small town based pseudo club! You will love High School ball. yay

Enjoy Maple.

Comment

Your argument might be more convincing if you were talking about a town team that was actually good.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X