X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boston Breakers

Breakers name Dushawne "Doc" Simpson as assistant coach
    (Jan. 29, 2015) – The Boston Breakers announced today the hiring of assistant coach Dushawne Simpson.

Simpson has coached a number of women’s soccer teams for more than 20 years. He has spent the past 13 years with the Women’s Premier Soccer League team Aztec Soccer, the former reserve club of the Breakers. Simpson, known to many as “Doc”, served in a number of roles at Aztec, including head coach since 2006. In 2009, Simpson led the Aztec U23s to the WPSL National Championship game.

"I am delighted to announce Dushawne as a member of the Breakers pro team coaching staff,” Boston Breakers general manager Lee Billiard said. “I have known Doc for a long time, and he is very well-respected, has great knowledge and passion for the game, and there’s a very good demeanor about him. The fact that he knows about our program and has worked with us closely in previous years on top of his coaching credentials is a bonus. Tom and Doc will compliment each other very well, and the players will benefit from having such quality coaching, instruction, and leadership"

Simpson most recently won the 2014 New England Preparatory School Council championship as head coach of the esteemed Pingree School in South Hamilton, Mass.

“I'm very excited for this opportunity to work in the top women’s league in the world,” Simpson said. “I want to thank Lee Billiard and Tom Durkin for this opportunity, and I hope to bring value to the organization.”

Before coaching, Simpson played professionally in the United Soccer Leagues with Boston Bulldogs, Connecticut Wolves, and New Hampshire Phantoms and semi-professionally for the Lowell Blues of the Lusa American Soccer Association.

A native of Hartford, Conn,, Simpson played high school soccer and basketball and ran track at Avon Old Farms School in Avon, Conn. He played collegiately for Southern Connecticut University and Salem State College.

Will this also mean a move to Breakers Academy in the north? If so, that is a big hit to Aztecs. I cannot imagine he would coach for the pro team and then work at a competing club in the offseason.

Comment

Wow, he's a great coach. Anyone know if he is staying with Aztec?

Comment

I am sure Doc's days with Aztec are numbered or already over. I expect he will become part of Breakers North. If so, Aztec will lose many of their female players and Breakers North will become much stronger. Look for other Aztec coaches to jump ship if Doc gets involved in Breakers North.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          I am sure Doc's days with Aztec are numbered or already over. I expect he will become part of Breakers North. If so, Aztec will lose many of their female players and Breakers North will become much stronger. Look for other Aztec coaches to jump ship if Doc gets involved in Breakers North.
          I thought the Breakers folded? Again....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X