Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odp

interesting that several of he USSF candidates seem to want to re-inforce ODP . More change coming ?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    interesting that several of he USSF candidates seem to want to re-inforce ODP . More change coming ?
    Maybe to other, real, ODPs. But not CT. If your kid is rec. and wants an ODP tee shirt, by all means invest. If your kid is a decent player, run, run away.

Coaches don't feel the need to show up to their team practices or games. We had a team advance to the semifinals in the regional tournament a few years back, and the ODP coaches moved players in from other teams that didn't make it and benched some of the players that earned the semifinal -- not sure if they were playing their buddies' kids, but those they brought were no better than those they benched and they had not practiced with the team. But, I guess practicing is overrated at CT ODP, because there was about one every two months after you include weather-related and other cancellations. Coaches involved with ECNL and NPL, for example, skip ODP to take care of those other obligations. And, the administration of ODP is a nightmare. Nothing is communicated well, effectively, in a timely manner, or accurately. But, if this is for you, send your kid, because they take everyone, daisy-pickers included, no cuts.

Comment

Have a look on the websites of CFC, FSA or OW or even Top Drawer Soccer. Look at committed players from each place and then cross reference that with the CT ODP list. You'll find that virtually none of the top players in CT participate in ODP.

If you think your kid has a legit shot to get National camp invites, they should go to the GDA. Kids with aspirations of college soccer need to jump to a top club program for exposure.

ODP is simply at ATM for CJSA with little to no return for the players involved. If you are willing to pay for and drive these trainings why not just have the kid tryout for a legit club team?

Comment

Why wouldn't they? It's a huge moneymaker and that is what USSF is all about now, isn't it?

Comment

I doubt ODP makes much money for the CJSA. I just don't believe the CJSA is organized enough to make ODP a moneymaker.

Comment

Have a look on the websites of CFC, FSA or OW or even Top Drawer Soccer. Look at committed players from each place and then cross reference that with the CT ODP list. You'll find that virtually none of the top players in CT participate in ODP.

If you think your kid has a legit shot to get National camp invites, they should go to the GDA. Kids with aspirations of college soccer need to jump to a top club program for exposure.

ODP is simply at ATM for CJSA with little to no return for the players involved. If you are willing to pay for and drive these trainings why not just have the kid tryout for a legit club team?
            they are talking about change, so not that relevant to look at the past. Sounds like the DA/GDA are not that popular with any of the candidates. They are trying to run on populist platform. An inclusive one.

Comment

Why wouldn't they? It's a huge moneymaker and that is what USSF is all about now, isn't it?
              I guess no one was listening . almost all the candidates are looking to address that.

Comment

they are talking about change, so not that relevant to look at the past. Sounds like the DA/GDA are not that popular with any of the candidates. They are trying to run on populist platform. An inclusive one.
                Seeing that USSF runs the GDA that might be slight issue.

Comment

I guess no one was listening . almost all the candidates are looking to address that.
                  Yeah, sure they are ..... they can push the cost off onto their local franchises.

Comment

Seeing that USSF runs the GDA that might be slight issue.
                    Exactly my point. One that no one seems to be picking up on apart form you

Comment

Exactly my point. One that no one seems to be picking up on apart form you
                      ODP is cr4p. Has been for a half-dozen years now. Will continue to be. It doesn't matter if USSF has an ODP-Academy conflict. Academy is the thing, ODP is dead. Long live the thing.

Comment

ODP is cr4p. Has been for a half-dozen years now. Will continue to be. It doesn't matter if USSF has an ODP-Academy conflict. Academy is the thing, ODP is dead. Long live the thing.
                        its not dead if they revamp it . far from it.

Comment

its not dead if they revamp it . far from it.
                          ODP could give them the regional scouting network that would cover the country

Make ODP

- exclusive, rigorous and prestigious
                          - Free
                          - free from state associations input, operational or monetary gain
                          - Organized practices and games
                          - Part of the higher coaching licensing process (i.e. You want a good coaching license you need to participate)

Basically everything it's not today

Comment

ODP could give them the regional scouting network that would cover the country

Make ODP

- exclusive, rigorous and prestigious
                            - Free
                            - free from state associations input, operational or monetary gain
                            - Organized practices and games
                            - Part of the higher coaching licensing process (i.e. You want a good coaching license you need to participate)

Basically everything it's not today
                            If free it will canabalize their pricey gda. I don't see that at all.

Comment

If free it will canabalize their pricey gda. I don't see that at all.
                              If 80 perecent of looks come from GDA it's still in your best interest to go GDA

I see ODP being for non GDA players. It's to canabalize ECNL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X