Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, it is not. But then again, even before "TA took all of your players at U13 (Translation, said players did private lessons with TA assistant coach) that group of kids could never finish ahead of FC or Crossfire for that matter. Not disparaging the kids though, as there are some really good players. Just stating facts. However, I agree WST has historically been the best HS boys club. FC second.
    Not the "private training" canard again. It sounds a lot like "my snowflake couldn't possibly have been beaten in a fair fight, so it MUST have been rigged".

Given at at least one of the WST kids who went to TA was someone whose family was occasionally mocked in the 05 thread for driving a late-model Honda to games, whining about private training is probably misplaced.

Comment

Not the "private training" canard again. It sounds a lot like "my snowflake couldn't possibly have been beaten in a fair fight, so it MUST have been rigged".

Given at at least one of the WST kids who went to TA was someone whose family was occasionally mocked in the 05 thread for driving a late-model Honda to games, whining about private training is probably misplaced.
      Settle down Westside honk. It is well known fact that the 05 TA team selection was not the most transparent of processes. It is also a well known fact that a large number of kids were taking private lessons with a certain TA assistant. I am not complaining, because to each their own. Kids/families have to do what they feel is best for their kiddo. The poster is correct though, what did that team ever accomplish? Or for that matter, how does their brief stay on the TA bench reflect positively on WST? Not sure how or why that is so important to you WST folk?

Comment

Settle down Westside honk. It is well known fact that the 05 TA team selection was not the most transparent of processes. It is also a well known fact that a large number of kids were taking private lessons with a certain TA assistant. I am not complaining, because to each their own. Kids/families have to do what they feel is best for their kiddo. The poster is correct though, what did that team ever accomplish? Or for that matter, how does their brief stay on the TA bench reflect positively on WST? Not sure how or why that is so important to you WST folk?
        The main issue with the 05 team formation was the influence of Lucius Malfoy (Ben Billups) and getting Draco and his housemates on the team. That had nothing to do with Westside.

At this point, all four WT players who went directly to 05TA are AFAIK still there, although one of them seems to get far less playing time than the other three (he was listed as rostered for the recent game against Eastside FC, not that I have much faith in the match reports). Not sure who you are referring to by "brief stay on the TA bench", though I could hazard a guess.

Comment

I'm not sure you are aware the Timbers DA is not in it's first year of operation with the little DA ages?
          Why would you be?

The plethora of former top shelf of younger TA DA talent & once little DA clubs all go to WST at the HS ages year after year. This can't be argued or disputed.

Once the DA branding is gone from the Oregon club little ages landscape the same thing magic that happens today at u15-19 will happen at u13/14, cycles and trends don't change for the destination clubs. Also no Timbers DA at u13/14 so those kids will be directed to WST for placement.

Happy to answer all of your questions, anytime. All the best.
          Is that finally an acknowledgement that westside is infact in bed with timbers academy and a reason that many undeserving westside kids are and have been on the team that should not have been there to begin with?

Comment

I'm not sure you are aware the Timbers DA is not in it's first year of operation with the little DA ages?
            Why would you be?

The plethora of former top shelf of younger TA DA talent & once little DA clubs all go to WST at the HS ages year after year. This can't be argued or disputed.

Once the DA branding is gone from the Oregon club little ages landscape the same thing magic that happens today at u15-19 will happen at u13/14, cycles and trends don't change for the destination clubs. Also no Timbers DA at u13/14 so those kids will be directed to WST for placement.

Happy to answer all of your questions, anytime. All the best.
            Most recent group of “TA castoffs” at u15 (04’s) went to updx as a group and grabbed a couple other top players, maybe westside is a thing of the past. Geographically updx makes the most sense for kids spread across the region. Practice on west and NE side of town to even up the driving....

Comment

Most recent group of “TA castoffs” at u15 (04’s) went to updx as a group and grabbed a couple other top players, maybe westside is a thing of the past. Geographically updx makes the most sense for kids spread across the region. Practice on west and NE side of town to even up the driving....
              I was wondering where updx had found a strong 04 team, something that neither BSC or NEU had previously.

Last fall there was a coaching change at TA and a few u15s were cut--well after both hs and club teams had formed, which was kind of a dick move on the part of the Timbers. Perhaps updx simply had openings, or was willing to drop a bunch of kids in order to make room for the refugees?

FC won the u17 I think state cup a couple years ago with a team assembled from Timbers castoffs.

Sometimes the players prefer to stick together rather than return to their old clubs--for some, going back might be personally humiliating, even if the old club is more than willing to welcome them back no questions asked.

Comment

I was wondering where updx had found a strong 04 team, something that neither BSC or NEU had previously.

Last fall there was a coaching change at TA and a few u15s were cut--well after both hs and club teams had formed, which was kind of a dick move on the part of the Timbers. Perhaps updx simply had openings, or was willing to drop a bunch of kids in order to make room for the refugees?

FC won the u17 I think state cup a couple years ago with a team assembled from Timbers castoffs.

Sometimes the players prefer to stick together rather than return to their old clubs--for some, going back might be personally humiliating, even if the old club is more than willing to welcome them back no questions asked.
                PCU 04’s is also solid. If your a castoff why would you return to your club when there are better options. I’m in Vantucky, but refuse having my kids playing for WA Timbers.

Comment

PCU 04’s is also solid. If your a castoff why would you return to your club when there are better options. I’m in Vantucky, but refuse having my kids playing for WA Timbers.
                  PCU has long had a solid 04 team.

I'm curious--what's your beef with WashT? They seem to be a solid club.

Comment

That's the beauty of the past, WST kept their 04's in tact and now beats up the TA castoffs and FC transfers that B(SD)M shuffled over. No matter how you try to beat em, they still stay at the top of the table. BSC/NEU has always made sense, now that's just plain funny. Thanks.

Comment

Before Vantucky lost their top five players to the academy they would have whooooped up on PCU 4-0. That 04 Vantucky team played the best soccer in town!

Comment

That's the beauty of the past, WST kept their 04's in tact and now beats up the TA castoffs and FC transfers that B(SD)M shuffled over. No matter how you try to beat em, they still stay at the top of the table. BSC/NEU has always made sense, now that's just plain funny. Thanks.
                        Oh Westside, this is what it has become? That team is in second place, having played one extra game. United PDX is clearly the better team and has a better goal differential. Yet, you want to come on here and lie? Pathetic. But then again, you are Westside. Keep up the mediocre work #2.

Comment

Oh Westside, this is what it has become? That team is in second place, having played one extra game. United PDX is clearly the better team and has a better goal differential. Yet, you want to come on here and lie? Pathetic. But then again, you are Westside. Keep up the mediocre work #2.
                          NEU/BSC + the core of FC = United. only from the mind of B(SD)M. Same ole, Same ole.

Yawn.

Comment

You may want to lie down after this nugget of truth:

Sunday, November 18, 2018
                            Eastside Timbers Sports Complex
                            08:00 AM Westside Timbers 04B Copa Red NLNC 3 vs. United PDX 04B Black 2

I hope you feel better soon, clown.

Comment

Love the pregame 💩 talk from Westside. Guess we see has gotten better over this winter on Sunday.

Comment

Love the pregame 💩 talk from Westside. Guess we see has gotten better over this winter on Sunday.
                                Thanks FC!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X