Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lol...I predict that in a couple more years there won't even be a thread with this title in the forum. Just like there is no HS boys thread. Cause nobody will care.

DA will dominate the discussion for all the "good" players and people that care about soccer.
    The GDA players I have noticed playing HS have no first touch and can’t accurately pass a ball. Just speed. They didn’t pose a problem. Makes me wonder what they do with these girls on GDA teams. Seems they missed out on a lot more than HS soccer.

Comment

The GDA players I have noticed playing HS have no first touch and can’t accurately pass a ball. Just speed. They didn’t pose a problem. Makes me wonder what they do with these girls on GDA teams. Seems they missed out on a lot more than HS soccer.
      Maybe you’re overestimating how important the DA is and what kind of players they have.

Comment

Which HS teams?

Comment

The NPL players I noticed were _______ just that. Didn't look much like soccer. Can't believe parents actually pay for that. No wonder all these kids feel like they will be playing in Durham, NC.

Comment

Which HS teams?

You will not get an answer because it was a troll comment. He probably could not identify who is a GDA player or not except maybe on his own HS team which he will not call out.

Comment

You will not get an answer because it was a troll comment. He probably could not identify who is a GDA player or not except maybe on his own HS team which he will not call out.
              Could be true. GDA players only go back to good high school programs and then they aren't noticed because the ECNL players are equally good and they work together. GDA players don't go back to play for a crappy high schools. The crappy high school soccer teams get worse and the private schools in south Florida improve once the GDA players arrive.

Comment

Could be true. GDA players only go back to good high school programs and then they aren't noticed because the ECNL players are equally good and they work together. GDA players don't go back to play for a crappy high schools. The crappy high school soccer teams get worse and the private schools in south Florida improve once the GDA players arrive.
                What private high schools have a bunch of girl DA players?

Comment

Agree. Probably true for ECNL and RPL as well as GDA players since you have the same schools in the mix every year. Most GDA players were last years ECNL players so the overall make up of these teams has not changed. If anything, more HS teams were PROBABLY impacted by GDA player who did not play this year.

Comment

Agree. Probably true for ECNL and RPL as well as GDA players since you have the same schools in the mix every year. Most GDA players were last years ECNL players so the overall make up of these teams has not changed. If anything, more HS teams were PROBABLY impacted by GDA player who did not play this year.
                    Agree that if the GDA players can not play high school and the top high schools are only near a club with GDA then it will be weaker than in the past.

Comment

Just a Boca High dad throwing in my 2 cents. I'm not trying to dispute anyone's agenda here.

The theory in #97 might work, except that both the Boca High Varsity and JV teams are always stacked with travel players. They are from all clubs. Although, Varsity is made up of mostly Team Boca. The Varsity team this year does appear to have a disproportionate number of freshmen. In years past, the Varsity normally only took 2-3 freshmen. The other freshmen were put on JV and usually moved up their sophomore year. I have not seen the JV list yet to know how many sophomores and juniors are rostered, but I highly doubt any of them are rec players. You only see that on the freshman team. Soccer at Boca High is too competitive.

"Wingnut," for lack of a precise name has stated several times that his daughter is on the team. I have not read anything, except from the above poster, that this is not true. His posts have too much detail about Boca High to be guesses by an outsider. There is some truth to his posts, in between the profanity. Bashing a particular club means nothing. All of us are unhappy with our child's club at some point or another.

But all of that aside, if you have true proof to refute these claims, I would definitely like to read it. I agree that everything posted so far is conjecture, but the pieces do fall into place. It is not that many steps to make. Like I said, I have seen the Varsity roster. To take every Boca High student from the 2002 white team at Team Boca is much too coincidental. They are a decent team, but for all of the players to beat out experienced travel club sophomores, juniors, and seniors? I'm not buying it.
                      Can we please get back on topic? The playoffs are here? Where the hell is the investigation.

Comment

Can we please get back on topic? The playoffs are here? Where the hell is the investigation.
                        Read post #801.

Wingnut's allegations were obviously dismissed by FHSAA very quickly, if he even filed at all. The conspiracy was all a figment of his imagination. There were no sanctions, no fines, no playoff bans.

Good luck to Boca High in the playoffs.

Comment

Read post #801.

Wingnut's allegations were obviously dismissed by FHSAA very quickly, if he even filed at all. The conspiracy was all a figment of his imagination. There were no sanctions, no fines, no playoff bans.

Oh Billy and Vinny. Still trying to keep your mediocre players relevant? Posting and then answering your own posts. So, so sad. Are your players catching on to your constant tournament entries at silver and bronze levels? How many of those 02 players are college committed? Even your crosstown losers at Boca United have sophomores that are alrady signed. Keep hanging on to those HS dreams. That's all you have left.

FHSAA? You stayed tuned. Timing is everything.

Comment

Read post #801.

After last night's thrashing of Park Vista, the state should act quickly on their sanctions against Boca, so the entire bracket isn't vacated in the end.

Comment

It is not the same. The team has no leadership, they don’t play as a team, players just playing for themselves, coach gets multiple yellow cards as he always wants to argue with the refs, coach coaching kick and run, need i say anymore.
                              PHU is "average" now. The old coach "recruited" the best players from Pinellas County to play for PHU. Now just the locals are playing for them. Look at Countryside HS girl's team. They stay home now and play for their local school instead of going to PHU and they are kicking tail this year. Good luck Countryside, and karma sucks PHU!

Comment

PHU is "average" now. The old coach "recruited" the best players from Pinellas County to play for PHU. Now just the locals are playing for them. Look at Countryside HS girl's team. They stay home now and play for their local school instead of going to PHU and they are kicking tail this year. Good luck Countryside, and karma sucks PHU!
                                Let’s see if you make past the game Friday. Big talk when you have not played anybody good yet in the playoffs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X