Highlight video help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goalies are a different breed and I can see it easily falling into an outlier than a field player.

It's easier to stand out no matter your background.

Also worth noting that most clubs' keeper training svcks.

-Signed,

A Former DII Keeper

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Was not implying she got randomly found. More of the sentiment that she and her parents did not go the normal route people often say top recruits have to go. And that her abilities did speak for themselves. How many ppl argue on this forum that you have to have had YNT bylines/ODP/ECNL/GDA experience by U16 to be considered to powerhouse soccer program? From what it appears, she played select or low level premier through junior year. She did not have years of experience playing high speed of play. The article implies she didn’t start guesting until at least until end of junior year. Her recruiting process from the end of junior year till sometime in her Senior year must have went fast. How many ECNL tournaments did she jump into to make her video? I’m guessing her video came from one tournament. Found it here. So a non ECNL girl playing low level club soccer for all her youth career except her senior year guest plays a couple times and plays good enough for one of the top D1 programs to want to watch her at a lower level tournament. She’s not an ECNL product or the product of elite soccer. Her parents probably signed her up to guest play but we all know that is also a crap shoot. Her mom sent the video that got noticed. But let’s not pretend she was a product of ECNL. Her recruiting story is an anomaly but the credit goes to her and her parents, not the league or the club in her development. And UCLA Head Coach gets credit for identifying talent over prestigious resume biases.
      https://youtu.be/_jZmlGT3kKU
      It also said she was a multi-sport player, which the coach actually encourages. Unfortunately too many kids start specializing at such an early age, which leads to more injuries, as well as burnout. She is VERY fortunate that the coach actually viewed her video.

Comment

It also said she was a multi-sport player, which the coach actually encourages. Unfortunately too many kids start specializing at such an early age, which leads to more injuries, as well as burnout. She is VERY fortunate that the coach actually viewed her video.
        But GDA discourages. Nice Cinderella story.

Comment

Was not implying she got randomly found. More of the sentiment that she and her parents did not go the normal route people often say top recruits have to go. And that her abilities did speak for themselves. How many ppl argue on this forum that you have to have had YNT bylines/ODP/ECNL/GDA experience by U16 to be considered to powerhouse soccer program? From what it appears, she played select or low level premier through junior year. She did not have years of experience playing high speed of play. The article implies she didn’t start guesting until at least until end of junior year. Her recruiting process from the end of junior year till sometime in her Senior year must have went fast. How many ECNL tournaments did she jump into to make her video? I’m guessing her video came from one tournament. Found it here. So a non ECNL girl playing low level club soccer for all her youth career except her senior year guest plays a couple times and plays good enough for one of the top D1 programs to want to watch her at a lower level tournament. She’s not an ECNL product or the product of elite soccer. Her parents probably signed her up to guest play but we all know that is also a crap shoot. Her mom sent the video that got noticed. But let’s not pretend she was a product of ECNL. Her recruiting story is an anomaly but the credit goes to her and her parents, not the league or the club in her development. And UCLA Head Coach gets credit for identifying talent over prestigious resume biases.
          https://youtu.be/_jZmlGT3kKU
          Sorry I went overboard on the "found" part above (that was my reply) I Completely agree that this is a great example of an alternate path and that those alternate paths do in fact work. The Found thing is sore point of mine. To me nobody gets "found" (its always work to be in situation or position where you can be seen). And coinciding with your comment that credit goes to her and her parents one of my other sore points is that credit for development always goes first to the player over the league or the club and the clubs and leagues always seem to try to lay claim to any credit.

Comment

My son is a keeper. I have been looking at youtube. I like the format/flow of below!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEtrO3QyeLo
            That video is the best example I've seen in a long time. My only recommendation is to keep it shorter than 5 minutes.

Comment

Maybe it’s just me but the video of the UCLA player is not that impressive.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X