• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Serving the need I meant.
    Needy.

Comment

Also how do you know it is need base. NEFC gives out more free rides to top players to keep or attract from other clubs. Guess that could be considered need base.
      I know for a fact that NEFC refused to give need-based scholarships to a number of families who were financially challenged last year. I won't name the club many of those families went to, but they received the financial aid required to participate in club soccer by that unnamed club... one that gets bashed here all the time for being about the money.

Comment

I know for a fact that NEFC refused to give need-based scholarships to a number of families who were financially challenged last year. I won't name the club many of those families went to, but they received the financial aid required to participate in club soccer by that unnamed club... one that gets bashed here all the time for being about the money.
        Giving out too many free rides to players who otherwise would be with other clubs. It catches up eventually. But dang, that clubhouse is full of trophies! Yeah! The lemmings will fill the gap as they always have.

Comment

The posting for this fundraiser on the nefc website mentions: INNER CITY INITIATIVE. I think it’s great that the club wants to help out inner city youth. A ‘plan of action’, an outline of a program-something (not just a title) would serve more of a purpose. People may be more inclined to get involved and donate if something concrete is proposed. Not on board with donating any money via a raffle or otherwise for this ‘cause’ until the club establishes a game plan for this inner city initiative.

Also, the club has had our $ since June. They have been earning interest on that money for 7 months and soccer season has yet to really start (save a few practices and a thanksgiving tourney). Not to mention the spring tournaments that are coming up- after all is said and done - there goes at least another $1000-GONE.

Comment

Raffle ,Run ,walk all of it a money grab and they ALL get your money one way or another.And have never heard of any parent who Needed help not receiving it .There is a difference between need and want.

Comment

Two training sessions this week, coach never mentioned it.
              Nice

Comment

Two training sessions this week, coach never mentioned it.
                Nice
                Turn him in. BM wants a full report.

Comment

Maybe they didn't tell you on purpose?

Comment

Sounds a bit fishy.

Comment

Has anyone ever looked at NEFC's tax filings? I would assume not many but it's not that hard to find. They have more than enough free cash to help out the needy. They said half the money raised will go back to each region. It doesn't say how that money will be spent. My guess they put it towards a NEFC run tournament so the money all stays in house.
                      I wonder if they will say how much the raised and how much each region gets?
                      I'm thinking no on that.
                      also how do you think this money is going tonight to help the inner city youth with soccer? I'm thinking they'll send a coach some where in Boston and run a few clinics and call it a day. Every club has said they want to expand club soccer to the inner city I haven't seen many succeed or really try.
                      I think the top people will probably an extra 10k out of this.

Here's what they should have when signing up ask each parent if they would/could donate an extra 100 going to help fund the inner city program. Or just add 100 on the the yearly tuition.

Comment

Has anyone ever looked at NEFC's tax filings? I would assume not many but it's not that hard to find. They have more than enough free cash to help out the needy. They said half the money raised will go back to each region. It doesn't say how that money will be spent. My guess they put it towards a NEFC run tournament so the money all stays in house.
                        I wonder if they will say how much the raised and how much each region gets?
                        I'm thinking no on that.
                        also how do you think this money is going tonight to help the inner city youth with soccer? I'm thinking they'll send a coach some where in Boston and run a few clinics and call it a day. Every club has said they want to expand club soccer to the inner city I haven't seen many succeed or really try.
                        I think the top people will probably an extra 10k out of this.

Here's what they should have when signing up ask each parent if they would/could donate an extra 100 going to help fund the inner city program. Or just add 100 on the the yearly tuition.
                        Very interesting.

Comment

Very interesting.
                          That's old news. My kid plays for the club and they won't get another dime from me.

Comment

Lmaof at this thread. Bernie Sanders meets youth soccer is all that this thread is. The bottom line is if your kid has talent and drive, none of this matters because all of the clubs literally fall all over themselves trying to give it to you for free. If you aren’t getting those opportunities offered to you, you might want to focus on whether your kid is having a good time and is enjoying the overall experience because that’s all that soccer is going to be about for your family. Nobody owes you or your kid more than what you are paying for and if you can’t afford that you might want to check your priorities then.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                              Lmaof at this thread. Bernie Sanders meets youth soccer is all that this thread is. The bottom line is if your kid has talent and drive, none of this matters because all of the clubs literally fall all over themselves trying to give it to you for free. If you aren’t getting those opportunities offered to you, you might want to focus on whether your kid is having a good time and is enjoying the overall experience because that’s all that soccer is going to be about for your family. Nobody owes you or your kid more than what you are paying for and if you can’t afford that you might want to check your priorities then.
                              A true advocate for pay to play a nonprofit. Nice. You might want to grow a brain.

Comment

The free ride is a myth, at least at clubs other than NEFC where pretty much everyone on the top team for the past 8 years had one.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X