• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nh odp

How are the numbers/talent this year?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How are the numbers/talent this year?
    Hopefully better than last. Knowing who participated last year....eeeeessshhh.

Comment

Do they publish anything online? I'm a club coach in NH and seem to find it impossible to hear news on ODP.

Comment

I can't believe its still around!

Comment

It’s a “show up” program. Kids sign on for practice and extra touches but the really good kids are far too busy with their club teams (many on MA teams) and they are competing in state cup weekends which is the same weekend as the odp tourney in June.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            It’s a “show up” program. Kids sign on for practice and extra touches but the really good kids are far too busy with their club teams (many on MA teams) and they are competing in state cup weekends which is the same weekend as the odp tourney in June.
            Correct. Seemed to have relevance years ago before the proliferation of club teams. In the last decade, I never heard those letters mentioned. Based on what I heard from last year, my assumptions were proven correct.

Comment

The message above is correct, USYS, and USCS deliberately pit their main tournaments against each other. Kids at our USCS club were specifically told that ODP conflicts with their commitment to the club team, and at ODP the kids were told that the ODP tourney weekend must be attended. So it's a ******* match, and USYS is losing.

Comment

The reality is ODP filled a void before the proliferation of the club soccer environment. Most players at a higher level are already having this training as part of their club training. So, this is redundant for them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X