Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

acl tear

we have a doctor who does not recommend getting the acl repaired right now, only that our child goes through 6-8 weeks of physical therapy (due to age) have any of you ever heard of playing soccer on a torn acl while wearing a brace?

Re: acl tear

how old is your kid? 1. i would get a second opinion. go to a sports related doctor. it will not be fun trying to play on a torn acl.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
      we have a doctor who does not recommend getting the acl repaired right now, only that our child goes through 6-8 weeks of physical therapy (due to age) have any of you ever heard of playing soccer on a torn acl while wearing a brace?
      I can see them doing the exercise to strengthen the surrounding muscles, but I would think that they could not play during that time.

Comment

My daughter had to rehab before her surgery, to strengthen the muscles that would go into a period of "non-use" immediately following the surgery, hence helping her recovery...but she was most definately not cleared to play during that time.

Comment

There must be a valid reason why it cannot be operated? What was the reason? Yes, get a sport ortho in your area who does acl. Make some phone calls on the closest NFL team in your area and ask who their players go to. That's sound awful the doc doesn't wanna do anything for this kid. Goodluck.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest
            One reason Dr.'s delay surgery is the status of your child's growth plates. They do not like to drill into growth plates that are still open.

Comment

I have heard of this. Very same thing happened to me. However, I was not allowed to play for 6 months. I was in a walking cast. They wanted to drill through my growth plates and I would later have to wear a larger shoe than the other. I wished now I had just had the surgery. After six months I could play sports again.

Comment

Our Health insurance denied payment on the ACL reconstruction on the grounds that it was cosmetic we are still making payments 3 years later .

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X