Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFC Boys

I know the Girls are always strong. What is the status of Boys club at CFC? I know that they struggle at ECNL and that their NPL teams are better. Why do they struggle attracting best players to United program?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know the Girls are always strong. What is the status of Boys club at CFC? I know that they struggle at ECNL and that their NPL teams are better. Why do they struggle attracting best players to United program?
    - Location. Too far from either Hartford or Fairfield counties
    - Poor boys branch systems
    - Lack of a history of success for boys
    - No payoffs in form of college scholarships
    - Plenty of alternatives at other clubs with less travel and closer to him
    - Eric Dacosta. He treats it like a hobby. No recruiting or extra effort given

Comment

Because

1) There's far more BDA programs than GDA in the state and just outside the state taking the top talent
      2) BDA is a much stronger program, which is why all those BDA clubs get talent
      3) ECNl is new and unproven on the boys' side. It's also more expensive and has more travel than other good options like EDP or NPL
      4) At the branch level their boys teams (mostly) aren't that great, so then they have to work harder to bring in talent from other clubs
      5) FSA is the better ECNL program so players will try to make a team there first

Comment

2005 Boys ECNL are pretty pathetic.

Comment

- Location. Too far from either Hartford or Fairfield counties
          - Poor boys branch systems
          - Lack of a history of success for boys
          - No payoffs in form of college scholarships
          - Plenty of alternatives at other clubs with less travel and closer to him
          - Eric Dacosta. He treats it like a hobby. No recruiting or extra effort given
          Many of your points are true but location? Come on dude. Why can the girls make it to Bethany but the boys can't?

Comment

Many of your points are true but location? Come on dude. Why can the girls make it to Bethany but the boys can't?
            I would say because of the other points. Bethany sucks as a location but people will drive for quality. CFC Girls have a proven program boys do not. People not going to waste their time.

Comment

See the other reasons.

Girls travel to Bethany because it’s a girls destination club which isn’t close to true for boys. CFC is best club for girls and there’s an economic payoff to commute

Seriously I know a bunch of good boys players who chose other options (NPL or EDP) closer to home because of the location.

Comment

No lights

Comment

See the other reasons.

Girls travel to Bethany because it’s a girls destination club which isn’t close to true for boys. CFC is best club for girls and there’s an economic payoff to commute

Seriously I know a bunch of good boys players who chose other options (NPL or EDP) closer to home because of the location.
                  Bethany is actually a pretty good location to get to from all corners of the state. If these boys you speak of aren’t willing to drive a little bit, then they’re not very serious and won’t play after HS. Nothing wrong with that mind ou, but call it as it is. Those players are not serious players who would help the CFC ECNL boys program. As for why good boys players haven’t come, I think reasons posted above are valid but as the facility starts to take hold it will likely draw kids away from a failing BS program.

Comment

Bethany is actually a pretty good location to get to from all corners of the state. If these boys you speak of aren’t willing to drive a little bit, then they’re not very serious and won’t play after HS. Nothing wrong with that mind ou, but call it as it is. Those players are not serious players who would help the CFC ECNL boys program. As for why good boys players haven’t come, I think reasons posted above are valid but as the facility starts to take hold it will likely draw kids away from a failing BS program.
                    Yes Bethany is central. It’s not just travel to practice but also travel down to Maryland. Tournaments in FLA, San Diego, Oklahoma, etc. All overkill for non D1 players

Yes the kids I am speaking about would have helped CFCU.

However in general if boys are serious about D1 they are playing BDA or Prep school. In FC that means DAP choices such as BS, FCW, NYSC, NYCFC, MO, OW and RB. Last two are a hike and longer than Bethany. Yes there are exceptions to this general rule

If they are serious about D2 or D3 they can play EDP or NPL and not travel to practice in Bethany or games in Maryland. In FC premier options include Everton, AC CT, Revolution, BS Premier, Shoreline, FCW, NYSC. Depending on where they live it maybe an hour to Bethany and fifteen minutes to their local premier

The majority of the CFCU team last year went D3. Two or so went D1. I would expect the same this year

Comment

No lights
                      yeah good luck getting there for 6 pm practice from all corners of the state this spring. why would anyone want to go there anyways? It's not like CFC ecnl boys teams are lighting it up. There are plenty of closer alternatives that are more competitive. Certainly cheaper.

Comment

That is wishful thinking and a load of crap!!! CFC Boys ECNL is an absolute losing proposition. This is CT Soccer's worst kept secret. First of all CFC is a girls club. If you get past that the best boys in our tiny state will choose one of two in state DA programs. You then have several options for DA with neighboring NY. After you get by these options you have several quality EDP and NPL options with local clubs. Finally, if you decide ECNL is for you then FSA is a better option. Add to all this the CFC branch teams do not send their best players to the United teams. Unlike the girls it is not viewed as a step up. In several cases the NPL teams are better, more convenient and less expensive. When you factor all these things Boys ECNL is an absolute loser. Look how bad their teams are. People are not going to tolerate doing that much traveling, spending that much money to play on a bad team.

Comment

Really have a hard time figuring out how people come to conclusion that playing Boys ECNL at CFC is beneficial.

Comment

The younger teams had a terrible Fall season. All the. Older teams are off to terrible starts as well. You add in the fact that communication is very poor and you have a giant mess on your hands. Lots of last minute changes, cancellations. Parents are fed up!

Comment

I’m not leaving. My 2005 boy was promised a scholarship and major minutes at QU. Im sticking around for that no matter what!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X