Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long Island Youth Soccer Culture vs. anywhere else

It seems to be getting better, but where can we look to improve what is here?

1) Have far less league options.

2) Eliminate dual carding.

3) Ban travel under U11 so that intramural programs are healthier so that late bloomers aren't driven away from the sport before they had a real chance to show what they have.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      It seems to be getting better, but where can we look to improve what is here?
      Lets just have one club-SUSA.
      since they keep telling everyone they are the best.

Comment

3) Ban travel under U11 so that intramural programs are healthier so that late bloomers aren't driven away from the sport before they had a real chance to show what they have.
        does "dual carding" mean playing for both lij and nyclub?

Comment

does "dual carding" mean playing for both lij and nyclub?
          Yes, but only in the sense of playing for one club with one pass and a separate club with the second pass.

If the same team wants to participate in both leagues, that's fine.

Comment

all three nice ideas...unfortunately not realistic.....To much money to be made and egos will get in the way to make this happen....

Comment

I've got lots of ideas but it's all out of my control. All I can do is get my kids through the constantly changing swamp as best I can.

Comment

I've got lots of ideas but it's all out of my control. All I can do is get my kids through the constantly changing swamp as best I can.
                Agree. Sad because the players really love to play this game.

Comment

4) Ban the word academy for any club that does not have DA status.

Comment

Ban DA status.

Comment

It's a marketing term that clubs take advantage of, same with "elite" and many others. Parents are too foolish to do their homework and buy into it. Much of what is wrong with youth soccer is naïve parents, many of whom never played the game and can't tell good coaching from bad. They use win/loss records as a proxy for good coaching and think it's more important to have their kid on a "top team", even if they sit all the time, rather than be a team where their player is learning and playing a ton. Clubs take advantage of all it, but their businesses so I can't necessarily blame them. You need to ask questions, do some research, seek out opinions of people who know what they're talking about.

Comment

bump
                        bump

Comment

Ban DA status.
                          Agreed. DA is the biggest joke in youth sports.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2366211]Ban DA status.

Agreed. DA is the biggest joke in youth sports.
                            Wow, you had to go back MONTHS to find that.....Go AWAY TROLL!!!

Comment

To many LI trainers with scumbag reputations with bad drinking and gambling habits. Inappropriate contact and interaction with minors/students that get covered up. Organizations offering things that they know kid has no chance of attaining (Play Pro in Spain, get D1 scholarship etc) so they can make more $$$. Parents way to impatient to go through process. Kids leaving game in record numbers that pretty much is the culture we have created.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X