Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's not about caring or not caring, it's about giving credit where credit is due. The u14 victory team is excellent and the players are obviously well trained. Just wondering who is developing such talent.
    Why are they excellent? They are playing in the FSA U14 travel league. To clarify, they do not seem to be playing up and they are in the weaker of the 2 U14 leagues in session 2 playing travel teams. They have two 7-0 (Likely more as FSA doesn't record scores more lopsided than 7) massacres of not very good travel teams. I am not saying they are a bad lot but let's look at one or two of the facts as well here. I guess I am just not as easily impressed as you.

Comment

Few FSA players are playing at OW events, just look at the schedules. No one is playing at OW events.
      Definitely not clubwide but some still do especially in the indoor or outdoor tournaments that OW sponsors.

Comment

I doubt it. FSA has really good indoor leagues and quite franky Oakwood does not. I am sure the kids don't miss anything for Oakwood but just get some extra games. No big deal.
        Oakwood dads trying to put together "special" teams, with the knowledge of OW coaches but off the books. Not everyone on the original OW team gets the invite. Usually, they find other facilities to play at and skip playing at FSA, though, because they get beat there.

This is another example of OW having a rule and letting it be broken, btw. I have little respect for a club that has rules it doesn't respect.

Comment

I know fsa teams that play at Oakwood and sporting events and don't wear their club colors and sporting teams do the same. Good for those kids that like It enough to play more. Its a fun game and some kids must have a blast playing with some friends from other clubs or travel as well
          The only FSA players playing at OW events are those NPL players who moved to OW after realizing they were not going to get a shot at ECNL. Seriously. No FSA teams at OW, just disaffected players.

Comment

This is another example of OW having a rule and letting it be broken, btw. I have little respect for a club that has rules it doesn't respect.
            Yup, that's OW in a nutshell. Some players and parents live by a different set of rules.

Comment

Victory!!!!

wasn't this club started in 1981 by Sylvester Stallone and Pele?

Comment

Victory!!!!

wasn't this club started in 1981 by Sylvester Stallone and Pele?
                Who's this Pele guy? Carl Weathers played Apollo Creed. ;)

Comment

Who's this Pele guy? Carl Weathers played Apollo Creed. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35O78ewYMyw

Comment

So if they know, then why not wear ow gear and list ow team name? My guess is you're wrong and they don't know
                    Unless the team is coached by an OW staff member, then they would not be allowed to wear OW uniforms or be called OW. An "FSA" team recently played in an OW indoor tournament under a different name as well.

No reputable DOC would allow a group of their players to play under their name without the proper coach. Wouldn't that be "illegal" anyhow?

Comment

Unless the team is coached by an OW staff member, then they would not be allowed to wear OW uniforms or be called OW. An "FSA" team recently played in an OW indoor tournament under a different name as well.

No reputable DOC would allow a group of their players to play under their name without the proper coach. Wouldn't that be "illegal" anyhow?
                      It's not illegal. It is against OW club policy and violates the contract that parents sign.

Comment

It's not illegal. It is against OW club policy and violates the contract that parents sign.
                        No, I mean illegal in the sense that you cannot pretend to be someone you're not (the law).

Comment

No, I mean illegal in the sense that you cannot pretend to be someone you're not (the law).
                          Huh. You can name a group or kids pretty much anything you want, as long as there is no trademark infringement and it is not vulgar. And, you can pretend to be anything you like, with a few notable exceptions including firefighter, law enforcement, doctor ....

Comment

So in other words you're upset that your kid wasn't asked to play

Comment

So in other words you're upset that your kid wasn't asked to play
                              Huh? Not me. Just observing. My kid doesn't play B-league soccer, but some of her friends do.

Comment

Yup, that's OW in a nutshell. Some players and parents live by a different set of rules.
                                Not an OW parent so I haven't seen the contract. But this claim has been brought up before so in all likelihood they know about it. It's a very small soccer world and it's tough to hide anything in this state. Most clubs let players form their own teams in the winter but just not under the club logo, can't wear club gear, etc. In that case they technically aren't playing for another "club" but again I haven't seen the wording. Who cares - kids keep playing, play different teams, etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X