Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young Women's WC teams getting spanked

And they're full of our newly developed ECNL players.

Women's soccer is dropping and dropping fast

ECNL doesn't develop, they just go after already developed players and focus on wins. Well, except for Oregon ECNL teams who focus on not getting spanked by more than 3 goals.

Comment

The U17 womens game against Japan was a snpashot of everything wrong with US Soccer. Absolute master class in how technically proficient players will completly dominate athletes. Blaming ECNL alone is disingenous. ECNL sucks, but it does not suck more, or differently than the crappy system it replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Players are just fine. It's the NT coaching staff and their archaic tactics holding them back. Almost like they were former Timbers Alliance coaches.

Comment

the problem with all of soccer lies in the fact that we value results before the players become the final product.

Winning is an integral part to development but shouldn't be 85% of a players development.
          When you look at leagues with tables from U10-U17 you'll see the same type of player being developed within those leagues.

It is a scientific fact that soccer players are not ready to compete until closer to 18 years old.

and don't give me any poop with regards to softening up kids by taking standings away from them.

Trust me, they know the scores of each game they play in and they all play to win.

The trouble is that we value wins over the process it takes to develop a player.

ECNL falls in this category. It is geared around results.

Comment

the problem with all of soccer lies in the fact that we value results before the players become the final product.

Winning is an integral part to development but shouldn't be 85% of a players development.
            When you look at leagues with tables from U10-U17 you'll see the same type of player being developed within those leagues.

It is a scientific fact that soccer players are not ready to compete until closer to 18 years old.

and don't give me any poop with regards to softening up kids by taking standings away from them.

Trust me, they know the scores of each game they play in and they all play to win.

The trouble is that we value wins over the process it takes to develop a player.

ECNL falls in this category. It is geared around results.
            Actually, results in ECNL don't matter at all. ECNL is all about showcasing talent for college coaches. And it works!

Comment

Actually, results in ECNL don't matter at all. ECNL is all about showcasing talent for college coaches. And it works!
              If it didn't matter then why post results?

Oh, because that's what it is about

Comment

If it didn't matter then why post results?

Oh, because that's what it is about
                The Oregon teams have been begging ECNL headquarters to not post the results.

Comment

The Oregon teams have been begging ECNL headquarters to not post the results.
                  The results don't matter. Look into the mirror buddy. If your daughter had fun why do you care if they lost or how much it costs. Get real.

Comment

The results don't matter. Look into the mirror buddy. If your daughter had fun why do you care if they lost or how much it costs. Get real.
                    At $10k/year I would be looking at current and historical results to ascertain whether or not my kid was getting the quality coaching I was soppusedly hemhorraging out $900/month pfor. FC Portland came in 50th place out of 70 teams.

Comment

At $10k/year I would be looking at current and historical results to ascertain whether or not my kid was getting the quality coaching I was soppusedly hemhorraging out $900/month pfor. FC Portland came in 50th place out of 70 teams.
                      If you're stupid enough to equate a winning record with real development then you must be the worst kind of brainwashed, caveman Timbers lemming. Glad you and your cavegirl kid stayed on that division 3 Eastside team. Go beat up on those other rec teams!

Comment

Don't worry. GDA is replacing ECNL. It will take 2-3 years to right the ship.

Comment

Don't worry. GDA is replacing ECNL. It will take 2-3 years to right the ship.
                          GDA is 90% likely to be completely stillborn. It's not looking good with all the clubs that are defecting already.

Comment

If you're stupid enough to equate a winning record with real development then you must be the worst kind of brainwashed, caveman Timbers lemming. Glad you and your cavegirl kid stayed on that division 3 Eastside team. Go beat up on those other rec teams!
                            Always trying to come up with ways to try to defend the failure that is Portland ECNL. Oh wait, it's not about winning, it's development. Oh yeah, it's about development. Yeah, the ECNL clubs here do a lot of development. Possibly one of the best jokes that's been told on TS in a long time.

Comment

Always trying to come up with ways to try to defend the failure that is Portland ECNL. Oh wait, it's not about winning, it's development. Oh yeah, it's about development. Yeah, the ECNL clubs here do a lot of development. Possibly one of the best jokes that's been told on TS in a long time.
                              Keep developing those TA players... Where do you look to see what junior college they are committed to?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X