Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Running away? Looks to me like the 2004 Red 2 team (U13 in OYSA, U12 in DA) are a complete dumpster fire in OYSA D1.
    Ah. Thought you were talking the '05s (U12 in OYSA). Don't know what is happening with the 04s. Since we're talking about OYSA play, I assumed OYSA age groupings.

Comment

We are not a Timbers club. We were Rec 3 years ago and are in Portland! Our son played at FC and BSC and I was frustrated that they had no development plan. I just want my boy to learn and grow as a person and develop as a soccer player. We are happy we found a club that has a structure and implements it to all their coaches. After speaking with friends I really don't think any other club in OR does that?
      Rec 3 years ago, FC, BSC and now another club? Only a few more to go and you will hit all the west side clubs. Kidding. Possible they didn't when you were there, but I can tell you BSC currently has a full year curriculum plan that all coaches are working with. Having friends at several other clubs (and having survived a different club), I do agree that few clubs have any structure. Whether you are on the A, B or C team, you should expect a similar experience with development. The method of sticking kids on a team for a year with a coach that has no oversight from the club or DOC nor any/little interaction with other teams within the age group will not provide a consistent development experience for players. Time for some clubs to make changes or I believe they will ultimately start declining in strength.

Comment

The method of sticking kids on a team for a year with a coach that has no oversight from the club or DOC nor any/little interaction with other teams within the age group will not provide a consistent development experience for players. Time for some clubs to make changes or I believe they will ultimately start declining in strength.
        You're describing my experience with THUSC pretty much exactly. Sadly this is after their "change"

Comment

You're describing my experience with THUSC pretty much exactly. Sadly this is after their "change"
          New DoC hasn't had a chance to make any changes. She is at PSU until they are done. Give her a few months.

Comment

Running away? Looks to me like the 2004 Red 2 team (U13 in OYSA, U12 in DA) are a complete dumpster fire in OYSA D1.
            The top '04 Reserves that did not make the DA play with the '03's in the RCL.
            Technically the reserves are the '05's who train with the '04 DA regularly.

The top '05's train with '04 DA and play up on the DA Reserves at times.

I've heard that they might bring back some of the top '04 Reserves from RCL to help out.

One thing about my DS's club is that there is a ton of movement. I think it hurts the team chemistry though

Comment

By "had no development plan" what you're really saying is that your kid wasn't good enough to make the A team and was spending a large amount of time riding the pine on the B team, right?
              Can you not read?? I am saying NO PLAN!! You are one of those parents that have no idea about a plan. Carry on paying your $2500 a year for your kid still to be sh** by the end of their soccer experience.

Comment

The top '04 Reserves that did not make the DA play with the '03's in the RCL.
                Technically the reserves are the '05's who train with the '04 DA regularly.

The top '05's train with '04 DA and play up on the DA Reserves at times.

I've heard that they might bring back some of the top '04 Reserves from RCL to help out.

One thing about my DS's club is that there is a ton of movement. I think it hurts the team chemistry though
                Know for a fact that this is BS. There are no '04 Reserves playing on the '03 team. ZERO.

Comment

Know for a fact that this is BS. There are no '04 Reserves playing on the '03 team. ZERO.
                  I know of 4 players that do. My DS is one of them and we just did a trip from hell to Spokane with terrible referees and crappy fields.

Comment

I know of 4 players that do. My DS is one of them and we just did a trip from hell to Spokane with terrible referees and crappy fields.
                    Oh yeah, that's right. Your's is the really big, slow kid that wasn't good enough for the DA or DA reserve so you whined and cried until the DoC moved your kid up to the older "B" team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X