• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect Description of Timbers Involvment in Youth Soccer

Saboteur!

http://goalnation.com/identifying-wa...ntal-saboteur/

Sure sounds like a lot of Timbers Alliance programs, for sure:

"Having succeeded at identifying the most advanced player(s) and recruiting these player(s) to their teams, the developmental saboteur then proceeds to win most games at these young ages by “playing at soccer” – using competitive results to bolster their aforementioned claims.

Finally, in his or her most intelligent move yet, the developmental saboteur disappears around U15 or U16 to move on to the next young generation of players. Having already done their damage, the developmental saboteurs disappear just before their impact (destruction of long-term potential) begins to be seen – when the former star player(s) are no longer so dominant, and the lack of development of these stars or any of the other players begins to be seen on the scoreboard"

Comment

Doesn't sound like the TA club my kids play at--at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Doesn't sound like the TA club my kids play at--at all.
        You must be new there. Eventually you'll notice. They're all the same.

Comment

You must be new there. Eventually you'll notice. They're all the same.
          Nope, my sons U12 DA team plays some of the best soccer in the area...including all ages. The great thing is that through the implementation of weekly curriculum more teams in the club are starting to play the same way.

Comment

Nope, my sons U12 DA team plays some of the best soccer in the area...including all ages. The great thing is that through the implementation of weekly curriculum more teams in the club are starting to play the same way.
            Our club plays the same system / philosophy at U12 and below. We have a DOC that forces our curriculum on to the coaching staff. If they do not believe in the plan he gets rid of them. Our club has grown tremendously over the last 2 years. We are very pleased with the direction the club is going and that all comes from the leader.

Comment

The Portland Timbers Academy has no track record of doing anything mentioned in this article. They have not developed any players as their foray into Youth Soccer has been limited to u16 and u18 boys for 4 seasons. They have no real younger teams to speak of. Other than a thrown together u14 team that doesn't really play at any level other than the OYSA leagues. No u10, u11 etc.. No base at all.

Oregon Clubs over the last few decades use to produce high quality players of a respectable and national level prior to the Timbers attempt at Academy Soccer in 2012. Maybe the DA just has bad timing, or perhaps all of the local clubs in the area are doing exactly what this disgruntled coach eludes too. not developing any players for the Timbers Academy. Excellent point.

Comment

Our club plays the same system / philosophy at U12 and below. We have a DOC that forces our curriculum on to the coaching staff. If they do not believe in the plan he gets rid of them. Our club has grown tremendously over the last 2 years. We are very pleased with the direction the club is going and that all comes from the leader.
                Whatever you say, WashT honk. Those in the know know that nothing significant has really changed at WashT. Said DoC is rarely seen and he leaves everything to a few "age group coordinators" who have no clue or connection with reality.

The U12 boys DA team, for instance, is nominally coached by your DoC, but he is NEVER there. It's actually coached by a house painting clown with help from a snake oil salesman bootball expert. The fact that your U12 boys "B" team isn't in OYSA Premier, and isn't even competitive in 1st division, just shows how shallow the talent pool really is, and how bad the coaching and development really is. Just the facts.

Comment

Whatever you say, WashT honk. Those in the know know that nothing significant has really changed at WashT. Said DoC is rarely seen and he leaves everything to a few "age group coordinators" who have no clue or connection with reality.

The U12 boys DA team, for instance, is nominally coached by your DoC, but he is NEVER there. It's actually coached by a house painting clown with help from a snake oil salesman bootball expert. The fact that your U12 boys "B" team isn't in OYSA Premier, and isn't even competitive in 1st division, just shows how shallow the talent pool really is, and how bad the coaching and development really is. Just the facts.
                  We are not a Timbers club. We were Rec 3 years ago and are in Portland! Our son played at FC and BSC and I was frustrated that they had no development plan. I just want my boy to learn and grow as a person and develop as a soccer player. We are happy we found a club that has a structure and implements it to all their coaches. After speaking with friends I really don't think any other club in OR does that?

Comment

Lol!
                    Someone's irritated. I think Vantucky has made some great changes. I've seen multiple teams play and you can see the changes.

Comment

. The fact that your U12 boys "B" team isn't in OYSA Premier, and isn't even competitive in 1st division, just shows how shallow the talent pool really is, and how bad the coaching and development really is. Just the facts.
                      Uh, Red 2 is running away with D1 Green. Now I'll agree they SHOULD be in OYSA Premier (and why they aren't is a good question--they're clearly more talented than any of the other D1 teams; and are probably runaway favorites for the President's Cup), but if you think they "aren't competitive in 1st division", you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

As someone who is not affiliated with WashT, but whose SS's team has tangled with Red 2 on several occasions (all of which resulted in a Red victory)--they are a well-coached, talented team.

Comment

We are not a Timbers club. We were Rec 3 years ago and are in Portland! Our son played at FC and BSC and I was frustrated that they had no development plan. I just want my boy to learn and grow as a person and develop as a soccer player. We are happy we found a club that has a structure and implements it to all their coaches. After speaking with friends I really don't think any other club in OR does that?
                        Lincoln Youth Sports (LYS)?

Comment

Uh, Red 2 is running away with D1 Green. Now I'll agree they SHOULD be in OYSA Premier (and why they aren't is a good question--they're clearly more talented than any of the other D1 teams; and are probably runaway favorites for the President's Cup), but if you think they "aren't competitive in 1st division", you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

As someone who is not affiliated with WashT, but whose SS's team has tangled with Red 2 on several occasions (all of which resulted in a Red victory)--they are a well-coached, talented team.
                          Running away? Looks to me like the 2004 Red 2 team (U13 in OYSA, U12 in DA) are a complete dumpster fire in OYSA D1.

Comment

By "had no development plan" what you're really saying is that your kid wasn't good enough to make the A team and was spending a large amount of time riding the pine on the B team, right?

Comment

Which club is that. We are looking for something better.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X