Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Heard the same thing last year. Bottom line is that the expectations of the women's soccer team at Oregon are about 17th on the list of teams the AD thinks about. Kat is a tireless worker. She is respected by her peers and by the Oregon coaching fraternity in the athletic office. She does a lot year round to promote her program and gets involved with countless off the field fundraisers and U of O goodwill efforts. So no, it's not all about winning for the women's soccer program - she has done enough there to ensure her employment extends beyond this season whether you like it or not.
    We have heard it every year! Not sure why everyone hates Kat so much, but good luck to her and the Ducks, looking forward to the rest of the season.

Comment

Heard the same thing last year. Bottom line is that the expectations of the women's soccer team at Oregon are about 17th on the list of teams the AD thinks about. Kat is a tireless worker. She is respected by her peers and by the Oregon coaching fraternity in the athletic office. She does a lot year round to promote her program and gets involved with countless off the field fundraisers and U of O goodwill efforts. So no, it's not all about winning for the women's soccer program - she has done enough there to ensure her employment extends beyond this season whether you like it or not.
      Whether I like it or not? What a stupid statement. I don't care if she gets fired or a 20 year extension. Doesn't matter to me either way. I'm just commenting on what I believe will happen. And it's a different opinion than yours. Gee, that's what a comment board is for. If she looses her remaining conference games, or a majority of them, no way does she stay. Oregon hasn't been in the field of 64 in how many years? Previous coach got five years, but that was one more than they wanted because of marital problems and the AD decided to give her an extra year. So there is history. Not to mention that the football team has had a lot of success, the basketball team is having a lot of success, the track program, the volleyball team has been ranked at times this year, .... Personally, I don't think a lot of you have a clue what Pac 12 athletic departments are like. Actually, all P5 athletic departments. It isn't kum bye yah, it's serious business.

Comment

Whether I like it or not? What a stupid statement. I don't care if she gets fired or a 20 year extension. Doesn't matter to me either way. I'm just commenting on what I believe will happen. And it's a different opinion than yours. Gee, that's what a comment board is for. If she looses her remaining conference games, or a majority of them, no way does she stay. Oregon hasn't been in the field of 64 in how many years? Previous coach got five years, but that was one more than they wanted because of marital problems and the AD decided to give her an extra year. So there is history. Not to mention that the football team has had a lot of success, the basketball team is having a lot of success, the track program, the volleyball team has been ranked at times this year, .... Personally, I don't think a lot of you have a clue what Pac 12 athletic departments are like. Actually, all P5 athletic departments. It isn't kum bye yah, it's serious business.
        I don't think you know as much as you want us to believe. Just because you read the Oregonian or had a kid play division I athletics doesn't make you an expert. As I told you, regardless of record, Kat has built up enough good will that she will be there for the 2017 season. The success you have pointed out from the other sports has actually alleviated pressure in the athletic department to make change. Easier to point to struggles when they happen all across the board; when things are relatively good then smaller amounts of poor performance are overlooked. Additionally, the amount of negative attention that the football program is garnering will help keep the spotlight off another underwhelming women's PAC12 season.

Mic drop

Comment

We have heard it every year! Not sure why everyone hates Kat so much, but good luck to her and the Ducks, looking forward to the rest of the season.
          I like Kat and think she deserves a few more years. It's girls soccer, NOT football. That's not even apples to oranges, that's apples to Lego toys.

Also, the more successful the local D1 schools get, the fewer OR girls will get spots. Be careful what you wish for.

Comment

I like Kat and think she deserves a few more years. It's girls soccer, NOT football. That's not even apples to oranges, that's apples to Lego toys.

Also, the more successful the local D1 schools get, the fewer OR girls will get spots. Be careful what you wish for.
            Good point about the Oregon girls getting PAC12 spots in state! However, I think the status of Oregon girls going to PAC12 is improving. The 2017, 2018 classes have more PAC12 verbals than I remember seeing in a long time, both in state and out of state, both ECNL and non-ECNL!

2017 - 5 PAC12 commitments, 3 instate/2 out
            2018 - 6 PAC12 commitments, 4 instate/2 out (and another from FC Portland that lives over the river)

Maybe I am wrong, but it has been a long time since we have seen that many girls getting spots in the PAC12, and that is pretty awesome!

Comment

I don't think you know as much as you want us to believe. Just because you read the Oregonian or had a kid play division I athletics doesn't make you an expert. As I told you, regardless of record, Kat has built up enough good will that she will be there for the 2017 season. The success you have pointed out from the other sports has actually alleviated pressure in the athletic department to make change. Easier to point to struggles when they happen all across the board; when things are relatively good then smaller amounts of poor performance are overlooked. Additionally, the amount of negative attention that the football program is garnering will help keep the spotlight off another underwhelming women's PAC12 season.

Mic drop
              Another Duck loss today. 3-1. Yeah, whether you like it or not, Kat ain't lasting after this year. Ducks get to fly to Utah for their next loss. Put your fingers in your ears and say la la la la la la, all you want but Kitty Kat is done.

Comment

Good point about the Oregon girls getting PAC12 spots in state! However, I think the status of Oregon girls going to PAC12 is improving. The 2017, 2018 classes have more PAC12 verbals than I remember seeing in a long time, both in state and out of state, both ECNL and non-ECNL!

2018 - 6 PAC12 commitments, 4 instate/2 out (and another from FC Portland that lives over the river)

Maybe I am wrong, but it has been a long time since we have seen that many girls getting spots in the PAC12, and that is pretty awesome!
                So more projected losing for the Oregon Universities. Good to know. Hope those girls are looking forward to playing for a different coach than the one that recruited them.

Comment

So more projected losing for the Oregon Universities. Good to know. Hope those girls are looking forward to playing for a different coach than the one that recruited them.
                  Nice....

Comment

Aren't those Pac12 commits mostly from the rare strong age group? Regardless, nice to see local girls making Pac12 commits. Even if the majority are to relatively weak in state teams. But true that there will be fewer local girls getting recruited if the local college teams manage to move up the rankings. A double edged sword to be sure.

Comment

If I'm a 2018 going to Cal, I would plan on not getting any time. Take a look at that 2017 class. 6 players who have significant NT camp and pool experience. Good luck cracking through that group.

Comment

Aren't those Pac12 commits mostly from the rare strong age group? Regardless, nice to see local girls making Pac12 commits. Even if the majority are to relatively weak in state teams. But true that there will be fewer local girls getting recruited if the local college teams manage to move up the rankings. A double edged sword to be sure.
                        A good ad needs to care about everything. Right now Oregon football
                        Is sucking wind. The ad will fire helfrich and Kat in a package deal.

I don't care if Kat is the nicest person in the world. Bottom line is she isn't winning and statistically is the worst coach in Oregon history. You are dumber than a door knob. Her results are staring you in face and u still don't see.

Comment

If I'm a 2018 going to Cal, I would plan on not getting any time. Take a look at that 2017 class. 6 players who have significant NT camp and pool experience. Good luck cracking through that group.
                          Why does that even need to be said? Nasty

Comment

Why does that even need to be said? Nasty
                            Don't worry, she wasn't going to get any time anyway. Gift from the AD doesn't equal playing time. And Chris has his ear and most of those girls are from his former club team. But hey, she gets a scooter. Nice on those Berkeley hills.

Comment

Don't worry, she wasn't going to get any time anyway. Gift from the AD doesn't equal playing time. And Chris has his ear and most of those girls are from his former club team. But hey, she gets a scooter. Nice on those Berkeley hills.
                              If the Oregon kid got money then she will play. I can tell u that kid macario from surf got a full.

Comment

I don't know which girl you are referring to, and I don't care. The girls will be fine, you will always be an awful person, attacking young girls on a public forum. You are the one I worry about. Why would anyone want to attack a youth player and chip away at their confidence? You are a prime example as to what is wrong with this world.

To all the girls getting an opportunity at college soccer, good for them, they are kids, and it is their dream. We should all wish them the best.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X