• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Everyone on TS is psycho.
    Good point actually

Comment

Any other highlights for WST? That previous poster listed the other teams key losses and or questionable wins...but then gushed about his man crush on the WST coach and revealed nothing about their summer record. I know I saw WST, and they are a completely different team. They must have had a lot of 04's last year.
      I suspect the above point about 04s is true for many first-team players on most clubs.

Comment

We will find out a lot after the first weekend of play. Westside plays FC PDX on Saturday and then IFC Eagles on Sunday (both home games on grass). They can prove themselves worthy or possibly be off to an 0-2 start. There is also a ADF/Crossfire game on Saturday that should be good. I predict Westside winning vs FC PDX (FC is a different team on grass) and loosing to IFC. Crossfire will beat ADF pretty handily.

Comment

You're right. Crossfire will absolutely handle ADF.

We will find out a lot after the first weekend of play. Westside plays FC PDX on Saturday and then IFC Eagles on Sunday (both home games on grass). They can prove themselves worthy or possibly be off to an 0-2 start. There is also a ADF/Crossfire game on Saturday that should be good. I predict Westside winning vs FC PDX (FC is a different team on grass) and loosing to IFC. Crossfire will beat ADF pretty handily.

Comment

Aren't "IFC Eagles" more or less the same team as "LASC Eagles", that participated in a few summer tournaments (including reportedly forfeiting a match in the semis of Mt. Hood?) If so, Copa smacked LASC Eagles around pretty good in the Beaverton Cup (beating them twice on grass, including a 7-1 whipping in the Finals), and ETFC was handling them pretty well when the game was called. (Either that, or they got beaten by Eugene 3-0...)

Comment

Aren't "IFC Eagles" more or less the same team as "LASC Eagles", that participated in a few summer tournaments (including reportedly forfeiting a match in the semis of Mt. Hood?) If so, Copa smacked LASC Eagles around pretty good in the Beaverton Cup (beating them twice on grass, including a 7-1 whipping in the Finals), and ETFC was handling them pretty well when the game was called. (Either that, or they got beaten by Eugene 3-0...)
              yes same team. not sure why everyone is thinking they are in the top few. their 3 best players are on ADF

Comment

Yes. I IFC is the LASC and you are right, they also got crushed in a NW Champions league game by Spokane Sounders 6-1. With that being said they also played Washington Premier (A very good team) to a draw in their last NW Champions League game. I am not positive, but it seems that they had some players in the game against Spokane that were not present in several other games.

Comment

Yes. I IFC is the LASC and you are right, they also got crushed in a NW Champions league game by Spokane Sounders 6-1. With that being said they also played Washington Premier (A very good team) to a draw in their last NW Champions League game. I am not positive, but it seems that they had some players in the game against Spokane that were not present in several other games.
                  Then that means ADF may also be a sleeper. They haven't played anyone in-state it seems. Held their own in a non-diluted USSDA age group in San Diego and beat the top Seattle United Copa squad.

Still think my Crossfire, Westside, and FC Portland are the teams to beat. IFC + ADF may be #4 and #5 or #1 and #2. My bet is on the former. Should be a great season with what sounds like quite a bit of parity!

Comment

Then that means ADF may also be a sleeper. They haven't played anyone in-state it seems. Held their own in a non-diluted USSDA age group in San Diego and beat the top Seattle United Copa squad.

Still think my Crossfire, Westside, and FC Portland are the teams to beat. IFC + ADF may be #4 and #5 or #1 and #2. My bet is on the former. Should be a great season with what sounds like quite a bit of parity!
                    as an ADF parent, i second this post

Comment

I think it will be a battle of two teams. Crossfire Oregon & FC Portland. Westside is not the team the have been in the past. The key is getting plenty of shots off against their keeper!

Comment

that wasn't Seattle United's top team. Seattle United's B'04 USSDA "B" team is filled with the top '05 players.

Comment

that wasn't Seattle United's top team. Seattle United's B'04 USSDA "B" team is filled with the top '05 players.
                          The top teams from Seattle are Crossfire Premier & Washington Premier!

Comment

The top teams from Seattle are Crossfire Premier & Washington Premier!
                            Not quite. But OK. Seattle United Copa beat Crossfire Premier 2x this summer. I agree WPFC are close but I have them at #3. They have not beaten Crossfire Premier 2/2 tries this summer.

To the other yahoo's point, Seattle United and Crossfire Premier each have one 2005 player on both squad rosters. Their 2004 USSDA squads are full of primarily 2004 talent only. Check it out on the DA site. Get your facts straight.

Westside to beat up on FC Portland tomorrow
                            Crossfire PDX to roll ADF tomorrow.
                            IFC Eagles to pound Bend Timbers tomorrow.

Comment

Crossfire did not lose a game all summer when they had their entire team available. Finally lost in Seattle without their goalie after beating teams by a large margin and finals of Nike cup without their starting center mid who was gone all tourney, based on them beating westside copa pretty handily in clash finals it looks like they are the team to beat...

Comment

Final from Powerlines: Copa 1, Navy 1

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X