Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The most annoying 05B parents - part deux- adjusted to reflect the Asian WT Copa dad that films his son and coaches him to be more aggressive at EVERY game:

Crossfire
    IFC
    Westside
    FC Portland
    ADF
    ETFC
    4-H
    Bend
    Okay, I would have to change this list up and say..

FCP
    WT
    IFC
    ADF
    Crossfire
    ETFC
    4H
    Bend

Our experience with the last 4 teams was equaly pleasant so I ranked Crossfire above Eugene, 4H and Bend just based on the previous lists. But FCP...two parents in particular are overbearing and obnoxious. WT has vocal fans, but only one stood out and she was ridiculously obnoxious. IFC...same guy. ADF, parents glorifying cheap shots. Crossfire, had one guy (Beavers fan) who was loud and abusive of the ref on literally every call, but otherwise parents were positive if not loud in their cheering. ETFC one parent who was cussing in spanish. 4H no complaints. Bend happiest people on Earth.

Comment

Play Time

Curious about all these teams...are your kids given a minimum percentage of play time in games guaranteed by the club? If so, what is it? I thought I had heard Thusc was like 35%. Or do you have coaches that literally "bench" players? Please list your club name, and answer. Best guesses are fine.

Comment

Curious about all these teams...are your kids given a minimum percentage of play time in games guaranteed by the club? If so, what is it? I thought I had heard Thusc was like 35%. Or do you have coaches that literally "bench" players? Please list your club name, and answer. Best guesses are fine.
        Washington Timbers give their kids as close to 50% as possible during league play. State Cup rolls around were result matter more than they change their tune

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1931627]Okay, I would have to change this list up and say..

FCP
          WT
          IFC
          ADF
          Crossfire
          ETFC
          4H
          Bend

Our experience with the last 4 teams was equaly pleasant so I ranked Crossfire above Eugene, 4H and Bend just based on the previous lists. But FCP...two parents in particular are overbearing and obnoxious. WT has vocal fans, but only one stood out and she was ridiculously obnoxious. IFC...same guy. ADF, parents glorifying cheap shots. Crossfire, had one guy (Beavers fan) who was loud and abusive of the ref on literally every call, but otherwise parents were positive if not loud in their cheering. ETFC one parent who was cussing in spanish. 4H no complaints. Bend happiest people on earth.

Thank you Bend Parent.

Comment

Washington Timbers give their kids as close to 50% as possible during league play. State Cup rolls around were result matter more than they change their tune
            BSC about 65 perc pt minimum in this age group.

Comment

BSC about 65 perc pt minimum in this age group.
              AT 9v9, the only way you can have a 65% min is to have only 13 kids on the roster. And that's with NO kids playing more than 70%. I think your 65% number is way off.

Comment

AT 9v9, the only way you can have a 65% min is to have only 13 kids on the roster. And that's with NO kids playing more than 70%. I think your 65% number is way off.
                Nope because they do run smaller rosters in this age group... 12-13 kids.

Comment

Hot math talk on TS

Comment

Nope because they do run smaller rosters in this age group... 12-13 kids.
                    So, nobody ever plays more than 70%, right? Sure they don't.

Comment

So, nobody ever plays more than 70%, right? Sure they don't.
                      I think the club promises no less than 40 percent but it always works out much, much higher because rosters are kept small.. the coaches don't bench players and rarely let one or two of the kids always play full games. That's probably why most of their teams are D1 or Premiere Silver, but all kids get good PT. What are playtime guarantees at FCP and CU?

Comment

Predictions

Any predictions for the three games this weekend?
                        I think that it is pretty safe to say that FCP, Westside & ADF will be the winners!

Comment

Any predictions for the three games this weekend?
                          I think that it is pretty safe to say that FCP, Westside & ADF will be the winners!
                          Don't rule out Bend on Sunday. All it takes is for ADF to play a ball-hog, boot-ball, no passing game and Bend can win and be tied for 3rd.

Comment

Don't rule out Bend on Sunday. All it takes is for ADF to play a ball-hog, boot-ball, no passing game and Bend can win and be tied for 3rd.
                            I think that FC Portland will loose to Eugene Timbers because they are feeling too cocky and are probably going to overlook them. Eugene hasn't played FC Portland yet, so FC Portland doesn't know what to expect.

Comment

I think that FC Portland will loose to Eugene Timbers because they are feeling too cocky and are probably going to overlook them. Eugene hasn't played FC Portland yet, so FC Portland doesn't know what to expect.
                              *lose

Comment

*lose
                                Hot grammar talk on TS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X