Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Quote above was about "true" soccer fans watching local soccer. My point is that there is plenty of local soccer to watch and finding I prefer the kind w/out the Timbers logo on it . . . guess you could say I have lost that loving feeling, at least as far as the Timbers are concerned.

Daughter digs the Thorns, so I go to a couple of games a year. Frankly it is the best women's soccer in the world so it is not hard to watch, even if the microbrews are $9. Secretly though I am cheering for whoever is playing the Thorns - daughter cheers for them and she is happy when they win, so I can't really go wrong.

MLS is not a top 5 league in the world, and I can watch pretty much any of the top 5 leagues on TV regularly . . . after 20 years less likely to waste my time on mediocre product I don't have any connection to.
    You are a strange person.

Comment

You are a strange person.
      Actually I'm remarkably boring . . . just think the MLS (at its worse) is a bastardization of the game and really wish the Timbers wouldn't have tried to grab the last dollar in youth soccer (would still be cheering for them if they hadn't).

Comment

The point is, Gomer, that MLS is the best soccer you can watch live in the US. Sure, it may suck vs. other pro leagues, but it's the best you have in the US. If you like the EPL or other foreign leagues, great, but your only connection, as you say, is through TV. Being a fan in the US of Real Madrid is like living in London and being a fan of the Seahawks. Talk about sterile.
        Sterile is what they should make all Timbers Lemmings. Would quickly solve a lot of problems.

Comment

Actually I'm remarkably boring . . . just think the MLS (at its worse) is a bastardization of the game and really wish the Timbers wouldn't have tried to grab the last dollar in youth soccer (would still be cheering for them if they hadn't).
          Remarkably boring and remarkably strange means you probably should not socialize with people.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X