Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think that was the point about the academics. It’s been compared to a glorified community college. Although don’t think the large roster is due to the kids qualifying. This must be a combination of having D1 status and still staying in state.
    Title IX money only goes so far. You carry a roster that big, you better have kids on the team getting academic or need based funding. The lower the standards the easier to get. Yes D1 is a nice hook but damn, so many better choices.

Comment

Title IX money only goes so far. You carry a roster that big, you better have kids on the team getting academic or need based funding. The lower the standards the easier to get. Yes D1 is a nice hook but damn, so many better choices.
      I think the guy/girl spinning this tale about UNF being an academic institution must work there. No one in their right mind thinks of academics when you think of UNF.

Comment

I think the guy/girl spinning this tale about UNF being an academic institution must work there. No one in their right mind thinks of academics when you think of UNF.
        Or recently committed there. People make choices that works for them and that is ok, but trying to sell a Yugo as a Ferrari will get you called out every time.

Comment

Then what do they think of, since it’s a university? I don’t think the person said it was “great” academic reputation, but it’s not bad, either. The guy with all the stats must of had his feelings hurt or his daughter had a very bad camp. UNF is what it is and that is a nice school, but nothing spectacular.

Comment

Then what do they think of, since it’s a university? I don’t think the person said it was “great” academic reputation, but it’s not bad, either. The guy with all the stats must of had his feelings hurt or his daughter had a very bad camp. UNF is what it is and that is a nice school, but nothing spectacular.
            A bad camp?
            Really?
            😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

Don’t know much about the school or soccer program, but it is a very nice looking campus.

Comment

It’s a choice for people who are denied from other Florida universities. Nothing special- about on par with some of the others - FAU, FGCU- as far as academics for state schools

Comment

Didn't/wouldn't waste time going to the camp. Better ones out there for soccer players with IQ above Forest Gump.

Comment

Not sure what you're referring to, the stats post essentially agree with you.

Comment

Fall 2018 Average GPA of incoming freshmen is 4.2.
                      Oh whoopy! Grade inflation is a real thing. Most of UNF students come from the surrounding area, do you really think Jacksonville has extremely studious and smart students or that it's easier for teachers to dole out the good letters. The average ACT score is a better reflection.

Comment

Oh whoopy! Grade inflation is a real thing. Most of UNF students come from the surrounding area, do you really think Jacksonville has extremely studious and smart students or that it's easier for teachers to dole out the good letters. The average ACT score is a better reflection.
                        Saint Johns County School District is number one in Florida. GPA reflects effort along with intelligence.

Comment

Saint Johns County School District is number one in Florida. GPA reflects effort along with intelligence.
                          Well we know where you are from. GPA reflects little. It's a known thing, nationwide, affluent areas grade inflate.

Comment

Mean ACT score is 21-26. A 21 puts you in the 56th Percentile, so basically its a school for "C" students.

Comment

I may be wrong but I would guess SJCS grads for the most part are not looking at UNF unless they have separation anxiety issues.

Comment

Mean ACT score is 21-26. A 21 puts you in the 56th Percentile, so basically its a school for "C" students.
                                Correct....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X